#TeamTrainwreck 12: Done in by a World of Fun!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
My list: It's short

Best SP Kostner at Worlds. Nobody else comes close, regardless of gender

Best LP: I love Hanyu's program even if he didn't skate it to its full potential.

Pairs: Sav/Mass and Stolbova/Klimov. Susie gets the short and the Empress gets the free

Dance: who cares

Costumes: I never remember them, but Susie always, always looks like the Diva she is. No polka dots for her.

Now, the important stuff

Best new nickname: ComfyBalls

Best WTF: Brezina skating his best at Worlds and now thinking he can land more quads and continuing to compete.

Worst fed decision: sending Konstantinova to junior worlds rather than Gubanova. 2nd worst decision: sending Konstantinova to senior worlds. Even worse than the US not sending Ross to the Olympics.

Most blah year: James/Cipres. How can a hot team turn into boring blah in only one season?

As for Dima, I'm pretending nothing happened because I don't want him to end up like Kolyada and a lot of excitement over nothing.

SamuraiK

:gallopin1of the year (TWOTY)
I know Pogo brought lots and lots of drama during her only comp, but it has to be Dima!
Our boy:
* Showed up with two programs that right away stucked to our hearts
* In great outfits, but changed one of them mid-season, so his chest would look broader!
* Made the Euros, OG and WC, despite all our worries, in his first senior season by kicking ass at RN...
*...and despite initiating more comments than any other of the sort: "no way he's making it to through the LP, he'll stop breathing half way through"
* Won silver at Euros, being top Russian!
* Had several drama KnCs with Rukavitsin and Glinka
* Made sure Rukavitsin still has some hair left
* Proclaimed at press conference that he prefers to "speak with the soul".
* Also skated with the soul
* Landed the 4z in the SP in Korea (totally confusing the Norwegian commentator) and being in good possision #missionbronze....
* ...only to randomly skate into the boards as the first thing he does in the FS:rofl:
* Zayaked in the SP at Worlds!!! (by missing the 4t that he has landed beautifully all season)
* Then delivered a great FS, despite having to change the layout midway.
* Posting IG pics of himself doing sauna, with only a towel and a...well...sauna hat....

Very well put and definetly Aliev's deserves the most valuable member of 2017-2018 Team Trainwreck award. :40beers:

Ka3sha

Worst fed decision: sending Konstantinova to junior worlds rather than Gubanova. 2nd worst decision: sending Konstantinova to senior worlds. Even worse than the US not sending Ross to the Olympics.
Tsurskaya was injured (according to her last interview) and since Stasia and Polina were the only alternatives for Worlds, the Fed didn't have a choice.
But I agree with you on Gubanova/Junior Worlds :angryfire -> worst Fed decision - to made Stanislava stay in juniors for one more season :D

S

SmallFairy

Shouldn’t that be ComfyBølls? :D

:rofl:

btw ComfyBalls writes in a blog post about him leaving Oberstorf. He explains that all his friends moved too, and in the end he felt very lonely, because even though he and bff Schott had a good time, they are veeeery different. So who is left with Huth now? Hopefully he has lots of time on his hands, and will teach da Schott a 3z!:respec:

SamuraiK

:rofl:

btw ComfyBalls writes in a blog post about him leaving Oberstorf. He explains that all his friends moved too, and in the end he felt very lonely, because even though he and bff Schott had a good time, they are veeeery different. So who is left with Huth now? Hopefully he has lots of time on his hands, and will teach da Schott a 3z!:respec:

So his reason for changing coaches is because his friends are not there??:rolleyes: No Wonder he only bubbles under the top 20 at Euros. :EVILLE:

Last edited:

SamuraiK

A pity that no one has suggested TM2/Bidar pairing yet :biggrinbo

That's beacuse we want Bidar to actually be succesful..:p

I just read the announcement.. Duskova has already a replacement! I wonder who? Jiri Belohradsky, Kotlarik? Damn you Brezina for staying another year and forcing the new BelAmi boys to switch to pairs.

As for Bidar.. Lil Sis to the rescue!!!

S

SmallFairy

I would approve of this only to bitch about the double moral standard of everyone complaining about Yu/Zhang's age gap but no one minding Granny Mari with baby Bidar.
Maybe Karel Stefl can come back, the Czech age gap will be about the same as Kovarikova/Novotny or something....

Granny Mari:rofl:

If Bruno's back doesn't hold up, Empress can skate with Bidar.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
:yikes::scream:, but I guess some will like them, maybe those who keep posting GypsyKing in his underwear?;);)

Nice body, but even I have some standards. :drama: Just not doing it for me. Maybe he needs to rap to me in Russian and I will change my opinion.

Dasa is posting off-ice videos on IG and looks forward to ice in June. That means she's continuing. Yay:respec: @alchemy void

She seriously seems to be one of the most genuine and grounded people I follow on Instagram. I'm so happy she wants to continue, and I look forward to a 3-3 next season! :40beers:

@alchemy void 's option: queen u/bidar :glamor:

Live video of me as I read this suggestion :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information