Sport24: Aleksandra Trusova leaving Tutberidze for Plushenko

muffinplus

So is she saying that she will never match the conditions/arrangement offered by another coach? That's kind of smart. It'll spare her a lot of drama. She's staying stay...or go, you're call.

It's a google translate... she is talking more about special treatment

Ka3sha

And an interview with Gleikhengauz for Russian Figure skating federation

rfisher

Let the skating begin
This sounds more like students going with their coach than an issue with Tutberidze per se. Coaches leave for various reasons and some take their students with them. Trusova will come out of this even stronger given her work ethic and the fact she's returning to her original teacher. I'm looking forward to see how this works for her. I ignore the Plushenko aspect as he's a coach in name only anyway. He's neither a positive or negative factor. It's all about Volkov and the quads.

Ka3sha

Wait, Volkov has never been a part of Tutberidze’s group. And he has been coaching together with Pluschenko for few years now.

Rozanov - yes, he was a part of Tutberidze’s group from 2018 (I think), but mostly worked with novices and juniors

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Wait, Volkov has never been a part of Tutberidze’s group. And he has been coaching together with Pluschenko for few years now.

Rozanov - yes, he was a part of Tutberidze’s group from 2018 (I think), but mostly worked with novices and juniors
I should have put a paragraph break in. :lol: We have two skaters and one coach moving to the new rink. Or so it seems.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Well, according to Ermolina's interview with Gleikhengauze all the talking was done by Trusova's parents and she is not answering their calls. Sounds a bit like a pattern with their leaving pupils...

And btw, Guliakova's name starts with an A.

hanca

Values her privacy
Then she has potential. I still don’t believe she would want to move though, because with Mishin she is getting much more individual attention and she is one of his top skaters. In Tutberidze, she would be one of the least accomplished skaters and I don’t think she would get that much attention.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Well, according to Ermolina's interview with Gleikhengauze all the talking was done by Trusova's parents and she is not answering their calls. Sounds a bit like a pattern with their leaving pupils...

I think her parents are every bit as ambitious as she is. Guess they figured she could progress better back with Volkov.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Indeed. A dog for a triple Axel speaks to that. I just hope it wasn't completely her parents decision.
I suspect it was the primary source. They want those quads. She just got another new dog so there was likely some motivating factor. :lol:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'd forgotten Konstantinova switched to Plushenko's rink earlier. Interesting mix of senor skaters there now. They do have some really good juniors so maybe Volkov is building a program. There really aren't many apart from Tutberidze et al., with female skaters now except Mishin and his are limited. Buianova is hit and miss. Panova and Tsareva have juniors (unless Sinitsyna goes senior). Rukavicin has Perkova, Gubanova and Nugumanova (and we'll leave it at that as to their current success...Gub is still being robbed :mad: ) so if Trusova is on the world podium next season there might be some movement within Russia.Or not.

Last edited:

starrynight

English translation of the interview with Gleikhengauz.

The situation between the coaches is just as interesting as the athletes, to be honest. Rozanov must seeking a more favourable role in Plushenko's group. Of course it would be easy for Gleikhengauz to judge, but Gleikhengauz has wrangled himself into an extremely high profile position for a choreographer in his 20s.

It seems like Rozanov has left and taken a few students with him.

The thing with 'rona is that it's disrupting workplaces all around the world. When people don't go into work everyday, control is lost and these things start happening.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
The situation between the coaches is just as interesting as the athletes, to be honest. Rozanov must seeking a more favourable role in Plushenko's group. Of course it would be easy for Gleikhengauz to judge, but Gleikhengauz has wrangled himself into an extremely high profile position for a choreographer in his 20s.
Why is there judgement? Gleikhengauz would be the first to understand why someone would want to be in his position. As long as he isn't going anywhere, the only place Rozanov could have a similar one is with another rink.

You don't need major interruptions for people to decide to change because they can find a better position and/or working conditions. People do it all the time.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
According to Sport24, Aleksandra Trusova left Eteri Tutberidze's group and is now coached by Evgeny Pluschenko.

I'd assume that if it's true indeed, than she is more likely to be coached by Aleksandr Volkov (also works at Pluschenko's rink), her first coach, rather than Pluschenko himself.
I did not see that coming.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Do we think this split will eclipse the Medvedevea-Tutberidze split in DRAMA!?
Perhaps Trusova should head over to Brian Orser.

I call BRAT. Skating is only going to get harder for her as she grows. Hope she can adapt.

I don't think Eteri's strong suit is post pubescent Ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information