Skaters/Teams that you have become a new fan of this season

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
Having watched Gran Premio D’Italia from this past week, I was truly impressed by the French dance team of Evgeniia Lopareva and Geoffrey Brissaud, who made their senior Grand Prix debut at this event and placed 6th. I thought they were incredible and really balanced the technical and performance with passion, charisma and flair. I really look forward to what their bright futures have in store! I can definitely picture them climbing the ranks in the coming seasons of the next Olympic quad.

Their FD from last week: https://youtu.be/zyeYoGGU0uQ

What skaters/teams have caught your eye for the first time this season?

RoseRed

It's mainly juniors for me.
  • Women: Lindsay Thorngren, Isabeau Levito, Sofia Muravieva, Elizaveta Kulikova, Varvara Kisel
  • Men: Kirill Sarnovsky, Jaekeun Lee
  • Dance: Kachushkina/Muratov
  • Pairs: Chikmareva/Ianchenkov, Khabibullina/Knyazhuk, Golubeva/Giotopoulos Moore
Among the seniors, I'd say Adam Him Siao Fa and Morozov/Bagin

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
It's mainly juniors for me.
  • Women: Lindsay Thorngren, Isabeau Levito, Sofia Muravieva, Elizaveta Kulikova, Varvara Kisel
  • Men: Kirill Sarnovsky, Jaekeun Lee
  • Dance: Kachushkina/Muratov
  • Pairs: Chikmareva/Ianchenkov, Khabibullina/Knyazhuk, Golubeva/Giotopoulos Moore
Among the seniors, I'd say Adam Him Siao Fa and Morozov/Bagin

And also the new Belgian junior girl too. What’s her name again?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Sofia Akateva
Sofia Samodelkina
Isabeau Levito
and even younger...
VIVIEN PAPP of Hungary

Lukas Broussard
Ilia Malinin (known from earlier but came into his own this season)

The Georgian pair, Safina & Berulava...especially he...The Mad Poet-Artiste!

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
Green/Parsons and Lopareva/Brissaud. Golubeva/Giotopoulos-Moore and Levito in Juniors.
I need to watch more of the Junior men, I think.

Rhumba d’Amour

After watching Muramoto & Takahashi at NHK in the wee small hours of this morning, I must add them! Though I’ve loved Daisuke as a singles skater for a dog’s age, and also very much enjoyed Kana when she skated with Chris Reed. A fabulously imaginative RD, and a surprisingly capable job in the FD as well!

Have always had a soft spot for Michael Parsons, too, dating back to when he skated with his sister, and am thrilled to see him starting to get the recognition he deserves from a larger audience this year.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I’m adding Yeonjeong Park of S.Korea after seeing her at CS Graz this weekend, where she took Silver...just as she did at the SrB US Classic in Norwood, in Sept. She blends high tech with gorgeous lines and musical sensitivity. Gorgeous classical,/neo-Classic programs...exquisite dresses, accessories, grooming...ultra-feminine.

What incredible depth of women skaters coming from S. Korea! Russia & Japan don’t have the exclusives!

firstflight

I love cheesy programs to music I like, so I became a huge fan of Orihara/Pirinen this season. I can watch their Lean on Me RD complete with the “Yuka” cheerleading top and their Mission FD over and over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information