Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollymgr

It was a little bit rough around here in the early phase when Madison and Evan got together. I was so happy that she had a new partner and it was Evan! But some people were bashing Evan over the breakup with Emily and other people were bashing Madison for breaking them up and more than a few people didn't give Madison credit for her skating. Glad that's all in the past!
It has been so long, most people wouldn't even remember when Greg and Emily skated. It must have been so challenging especially when they were in a brand new partnership. That led to most people finding fault in everything they did whether it be their programs or coach or their success. Those were difficult times and I hope time has made people forget their misconceived perceptions and move on. We know they were just meant for each other. :love:

heartyxo

It has been so long, most people wouldn't even remember when Greg and Emily skated. It must have been so challenging especially when they were in a brand new partnership. That led to most people finding fault in everything they did whether it be their programs or coach or their success. Those were difficult times and I hope time has made people forget their misconceived perceptions and move on. We know they were just meant for each other. :love:

The fact that they're so in love off the ice says it all 🥰

dancing_on_ice

I think the worst thing about it all was just how people kept assuming things when literally nothing was said about that situation. All that was said was that he couldn't skate for ages and when he came back the partnership wasn't working, which sounds pretty plausible to me. Everything else was just rumours.

It's interesting to think about how so many considered them such a strange pairing at first- in 2011, there were pretty much no teams with massive height differences. Now there's a considerable amount. And they've achieved so much even with that! It's cool to see!

Exactly, I still see people criticizing Chock and Bates about what happened with Evan and Emily nearly ten years ago. We have no clue what happened at the end of their partnership, and we probably will never know. The official message is that the partnership stopped working after he came back from injury, which as you said, is very plausible, and we have heard nothing to indicate anything otherwise. They have a relatively large height difference, but I think it helps them get their amazing lifts. It felt so unfair in their first few years as a partnership, where everyone critiqued them for every little thing that wasn't perfect when they were just a new partnership that was trying to gel.

Bigbird

I have always respected Evan for not sharing in detail why he left the partnership. Many another would have published some self-serving tale that made it all or partly Emily's fault. He didn't, which is why we still don't know.
I respect him greatly for that. That's one of the reasons I've been able to grow to respect them and like them a lot thís season.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!

Madison and Evan's Free Dance from Nationals is about to hit ONE MILLION views on youtube in only two weeks after being uploaded. I have liked all of their programs but this one is definitely going viral. Congrats
:encore:

dancing_on_ice

Madison and Evan's Free Dance from Nationals is about to hit ONE MILLION views on youtube in only two weeks after being uploaded. I have liked all of their programs but this one is definitely going viral. Congrats
:encore:

It’s at a million now! It doesn’t mean anything in the long run that it went viral, but it really shows how much of a crowd pleaser this dance is, and I hope they’re very happy with themselves for creating such a great free dance.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
I’m pretty sure the video of their IDF FD that US Figure Skating posted on Facebook hit 1 million views AND the on ice perspectives video of it on Facebook has aswell!! This is like the 3rd time it’s gone viral this is insane

Thanks for the heads up I just found that clip. Madison's face gives me chills at the beginning of that lift!

mollymgr

Evan is feeling "old" on the 10th anniversary of the 2010 Olympics. I almost commented "Get out of here, you infant," but I restrained myself. :lol: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8fSjqBpwu0/?igshid=18h2wy1fctb6l
That pic made me :eek: and :wuzrobbed in general. I can't believe it is 10 years already and we have had two more Olympics after that. Where did time go?!!! Just thinking that we are in the year 2020 seems surreal. It feels like a sci-fi type of a year where we were supposed to have flying cars, everyone was supposed to be wearing sleek shiny outer space looking outfits and we were so advanced that we had to scan our retina to let us through doorways etc. 🤣

Debbie S

Cross-posted in the U.S. Dance thread:

Chock and Bates together on the ice, at home together during *********

In case link doesn't work: https://tinyurl.com/y7raoxdc

The programs they do next season – if there is a next season – will depend in part on when they can get back on the ice. The International Skating Union has decided to let ice dancers keep the same rhythm dance theme and rhythm as last season. Chock and Bates still would like to show their snake dance free at a Worlds, but they also are thinking about other possibilities.

In addition to the Open Ice benefit tomorrow, they will do an IG live at 1:30 on Sunday, in advance of the NBC season highlights show at 2. :)

Given that the fall season is looking more and more unlikely, I hope they keep their snake FD for Nats, 4CC and Worlds (assuming those comps take place). With less time to prepare for the season and fewer comps anyway, I'd rather they focus on the Oly season. And yes, they should have a chance to skate the snake FD at a Worlds.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Last edited:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Novice question here.... is "********" keep getting edited out? Or what word on this platform keeps getting edited out? I cant figure it out ....

C-v-d 19, c-r-n-v-rus, pan---mic, various words related because too many mentions of it are driving down ad revenue for the board.

Everytime I post something and the ******* shows up, I look back at the post and think, wait I didn't swear! :lol:

although interestingly I just noticed it doesn't get edited out of signatures...

Spiralgraph

C-v-d 19, c-r-n-v-rus, pan---mic, various words related because too many mentions of it are driving down ad revenue for the board.

Everytime I post something and the ******* shows up, I look back at the post and think, wait I didn't swear! :lol:

although interestingly I just noticed it doesn't get edited out of signatures...

Considering what that horrendous microbe situation is doing to all of us and our whole world, I consider it a swear word.

katmari

Madi and Evan will be on Jordan Cowan's On Ice Perspectives live show tomorrow at 4:30PM ET and it will include some newly released footage!

oniceperspectives Introducing a new live series where we catch up with skaters while watching videos shot from their perspective! Next up: @chockolate02 and @evan_bates with footage of them training last November. Join the live-stream tomorrow (Tuesday) at 4:30pm ET on the @oniceperspectives YouTube channel. Hit the bell to be notified and we’ll see you there!

Madi's instagram post:

chockolate02 Join us tomorrow at 4:30 ET on @oniceperspectives YouTube channel to watch his new live series!!! ⛸ Jordan will be showing new, never before seen footage of our training sessions! 🤗💗 Can’t wait to feel like I’m on the ice again through Jordan’s on ice perspective.

Evan's Instagram Post:

evan_bates We’ll be joining @oniceperspectives for his new live series tomorrow at 4:30ET over on his YouTube channel. Jordan, as we all know, is a true wizard and his live show is sure to be fun to watch. We’ll see some newly released footage and have ourselves a little quarantine catch-up. Tune in and join us!

Debbie S

Based on this recent post of training photos from IAM, I think they've kept the FD:cheer2:https://www.instagram.com/p/CER4HDwJ98K/
If you scroll a few posts back in the IAM account, it says the pics were taken before Worlds. They decided to start sharing them now that teams are preparing for the new season. :)

Since it looks like there will be at least one fall GP/int'l (I assume they would compete at SC, since they are training in Canada), I imagine all the teams are getting a new FD. I'm excited to see what they come up with, but bummed we won't see Snake at a Worlds.

heartyxo

If you scroll a few posts back in the IAM account, it says the pics were taken before Worlds. They decided to start sharing them now that teams are preparing for the new season. :)

Since it looks like there will be at least one fall GP/int'l (I assume they would compete at SC, since they are training in Canada), I imagine all the teams are getting a new FD. I'm excited to see what they come up with, but bummed we won't see Snake at a Worlds.
Oh man, didn’t realise that :D

maureenfarone

Something I read made me think that Chock/Bates are dealing with an injury. Anyone have any info? They are on the list for Skate America.

dancing_on_ice

Something I read made me think that Chock/Bates are dealing with an injury. Anyone have any info? They are on the list for Skate America.

C/B didn't participate in the IAM Live held earlier this month, and they said that they had been dealing with an injury and had only recently gotten back on the ice then. They confirmed in the livestream that they got a new program, but it's unclear if that's the rhythm dance or the free dance. There is speculation that Madi was the one injured since there were videos of Evan on the ice without her in some of OnIcePerspective's Instagram stories in the days leading up to the IAM Live. As of now, there is also speculation that they won't be taking part in the 2nd ISP Challenge, which was filmed yesterday and today, since they were not in OIP's Instagram stories from yesterday where he documented recording H/D and H/B's programs for the competition.

maureenfarone

C/B didn't participate in the IAM Live held earlier this month, and they said that they had been dealing with an injury and had only recently gotten back on the ice then. They confirmed in the livestream that they got a new program, but it's unclear if that's the rhythm dance or the free dance. There is speculation that Madi was the one injured since there were videos of Evan on the ice without her in some of OnIcePerspective's Instagram stories in the days leading up to the IAM Live. As of now, there is also speculation that they won't be taking part in the 2nd ISP Challenge, which was filmed yesterday and today, since they were not in OIP's Instagram stories from yesterday where he documented recording H/D and H/B's programs for the competition.
Thanks for the info. I hate to think about injury because they have both been through so much with prior injuries. Maybe they will be at SA, but more than anything they need to heal before the Olympic season.

heartyxo

I hope it won’t happen, but I won’t be surprised at all if they withdraw from Skate America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information