Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The FD is very creative. Can they beat P&C if they skate clean? Just wondering.

Sylvia

TBD
This article was published before the CoC FD:
Excerpt:
"We want to be on the World podium," Chock said. "We want to be U.S. champions again. And just have a really fun, successful season. We want to perform our programs well every time we go out, and that's the main goal at every competition, and we're on the right track to do that."
Settled in their new training base and still feeling the effects of a fresh start, Chock and Bates are appreciating every minute of the journey.
"We feel like we're really at home in Montreal, and on a day-to-day basis, going to the rink is still just really joyful. We like going to work every day, which is all you can hope for in your life," Bates said with a laugh. "To be happy with what you're doing, and to be happy with the people you're surrounded by, and the place you're in. And that's still how we're feeling."

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Hmmmm, so Madi & Evan for sure have a RD problem.

Watching the RD scores come in at HNK now and if we used their best RD score with all the other GP series scores they come in at like 7th place.. maybe 8th.

1 France, 2 Russia, 1 USA, 1 Canada and 1 Italy for sure place higher than them.

They have a high scoring free but are too far behind in RD to make much of it up...

I want to see them back on Worlds podium even if I have to throw a fit. lol

Viscaro

Congrats to them on GPF silver ! By the way, if you are not following Chock on Instagram, you are missing out. She and Guillaume Cizeron are starting from scratch and partnering as a pair couple. The way she throws Guillaume in the air into a throw is promising for Beijing.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Congrats to them on GPF silver ! By the way, if you are not following Chock on Instagram, you are missing out. She and Guillaume Cizeron are starting from scratch and partnering as a pair couple. The way she throws Guillaume in the air into a throw is promising for Beijing.
Gaby and Guillaume are sharing custody of the Madisons, Hubbell for Gaby and Chock for Guillaume. Those two look like they have really taken to each other, per the diverse social media photos and postings and of course Gaby and Madi Hubbell are notorious besties already. Chock and Bates seem to be truly thriving in this friendly environment which hass probably been helping them to blossom for the past 2 seasons, plus of course better health.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Realized that its now 11 years since I was so excited to watch Madison win Jr worlds with Greg Zuerlein.

Its so cool to see her with the perfect vehicle for her skating now with the free dance. Love how much she seems to enjoy skating it!

I was also a huge fan of Evan and Emily Samuelson so I've been cheering him on just as long and their win just makes me smile.

Last edited:

mollymgr

I realized how much this meant to them. Andrea Joyce who is the Queen of Awkward on occasion, caught Evan tearing up behind Madi in the K&C and pointed it out during the NBC on air interview. She said you don't need to hide behind Madi to hide your tears or something to that effect. I thought that was sweet. This victory was especially sweet since it truly symbolizes an accomplishment- From having a heartbreaking program at the Olympics, to a coaching change, to recovery from injury to success. They enjoy this program as they are performing it, the crowd enjoys the program. What more could one ask for! I wish them nothing but happiness.:)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Realized that its now 11 years since I was so excited to watch Madison win Jr worlds with Greg Zuerlein.

Its so cool to see her with the perfect vehicle for her skating now with the free dance. Love how much she seems to enjoy skating it!

I was also a huge fan of Evan and Emily Samuelson so I've been cheering him on just as long and their win just makes me smile.
Guess you haven't quite let go of the past yet :lol:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Guess you haven't quite let go of the past yet :lol:

Not the memories. But I've been rooting for Madison & Evan since they got together and :revenge: anyone who tried to dis him for the breakup with Emily. Love them all, Greg Zuerlein too! :D

talk about years of skating to enjoy!!

LeafOnTheWind

It did take me awhile to get used to Evan and Madison as a team but I really can't blame him for the breakup with Emily. She did slice and dice him with her blade :shuffle:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
It was a little bit rough around here in the early phase when Madison and Evan got together. I was so happy that she had a new partner and it was Evan! But some people were bashing Evan over the breakup with Emily and other people were bashing Madison for breaking them up and more than a few people didn't give Madison credit for her skating. Glad that's all in the past!

heartyxo

I think the worst thing about it all was just how people kept assuming things when literally nothing was said about that situation. All that was said was that he couldn't skate for ages and when he came back the partnership wasn't working, which sounds pretty plausible to me. Everything else was just rumours.

It's interesting to think about how so many considered them such a strange pairing at first- in 2011, there were pretty much no teams with massive height differences. Now there's a considerable amount. And they've achieved so much even with that! It's cool to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information