Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vireo

Madi and Evan are serving up some lovely pics and instagram stories from Avignon for the past few days.

Madison always shows up in the best shoes. I'm impressed that she found a way to wear heels and go barefoot at the same time. :)

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Practice vids of their new programs from Jennifer Comeaux are here

Madison Chock & Evan Bates USA
RD: "Too Darn Hot" by Cole Porter from Kiss Me, Kate; choreo by Marie France Dubreuil, Sam Chouinard
FD: "Yearning" by Raul Ferrando, "Sahara Nights" by DJ Quincy and "Layali Al-Sharq" by Al-Ahram Orchestra; choreo by Marie France Dubreuil, Sam Chouinard

kittysk8ts

C/B already had tons of technical goods pre Gadbois. It’s cool to see what good choices in music and choreo has done to make them so much better. I love their RD already and they haven’t even honed it yet. Looking forward to seeing the FD. I like the concept. So pleased for them.

mollymgr

Oh my. I don't know that it makes it better.

They are so good....but what were they thinking?
That was supposed to be a joke and someone's opinion. It is not the theme of the program.

The one thing I did notice more in this program is how the elements are woven in. I think that's where Montreal excels at and you don't really think about the elements as you are watching the program. The lifts are also amazing.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Oh - I was just trying to look the music up! Their skating was sublime.

Here is their music: FD Music: "Yearning" by Raul Ferrando, "Sahara Nights" by DJ Quincy and "Layali Al-Sharq" by Al-Ahram Orchestra.

With all the music in the whole entire world......................

mollymgr

Here is the music info from the Choreography thread.

Free Dance: "Yearning" by Raul Ferrando, "Sahara Nights" by DJ Quincy and "Layali Al-Sharq" by Al-Ahram Orchestra; choreo by Marie France Dubreuil, Sam Chouinard

mollymgr

Here is their music: FD Music: "Yearning" by Raul Ferrando, "Sahara Nights" by DJ Quincy and "Layali Al-Sharq" by Al-Ahram Orchestra.

With all the music in the whole entire world......................
Well, no one can say it is overused.😏 It is a good selection. Nothing is jarring or unpleasant to the ears.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Well, no one can say it is overused.😏 It is a good selection. Nothing is jarring or unpleasant to the ears.
LOL! True. And you are right about the music. The hand movements just seem so random to me. I do love them, though.

GreenGan

I like the choreography, it suits them. The element are well blended together, it's never boring watching them, but at the same time, each element is stressed and you do differentiate them from the transition. They're not going the P/C route, and I really like it. That combination lift is so good, the step sequence was great, I loved Madi's edge there.

AND I love the end. They're growing, I really enjoyed watching them. Can't wait to see how this FD will evolve.

One thing though... Change Evan costume.

Debbie S

I was at the rink and loved it! Both Madi's and Evan's expressions really draw you in. Both were completely in character the whole program and everything they did was seamless - each element flowed from one to the next. And their holds and transitions are crazy-hard and executed smoothly. I'm sure there will be tweaks to the choreo as the season progresses, as with all teams, but for September, this is amazing. I think the program will be stunning by March.

And I don't get the hate over Evan's costume. His top is green to match the color highlights in Madi's dress. I think anything lighter would wash him out and black or brown wouldn't work.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
My problem is with the turtleneck, somehow it doesn't fit. Maybe a round collar would look better. The color is also a bit muted, putting him to much in the background compared to the gorgeously dressed Madison. Something needs to pop more. I can't wait to see this program evolves especially Evan's interpretation. I hope he'll get really confortable with the unusual body ondulations and moves cause Madison is just a natural at those hence him looking very awkward at times. But they are definitely on a great track with those two programs this year. They also skate smoother and more confidently since their move to Montreal and her operation. They just look happy skating, refreshed in a way which might explain some of us are slowly falling under their charm since last season. It's always great to see a team bouncing back.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Im always all for Madi and Evan's costumes... They are always different, interesting and eye-catching.

I still love their Olys short program dress that year.. Most people didnt.. they wanted her to trim the train portion... It was colorful and yes, a bit loud.... but at least they wake me up!!!!!

I dont think Ive ever disliked anything they have worn.

suki

C/B already had tons of technical goods pre Gadbois. It’s cool to see what good choices in music and choreo has done to make them so much better. I love their RD already and they haven’t even honed it yet. Looking forward to seeing the FD. I like the concept. So pleased for them.
Madison sold that program like a Broadway pro and Evan presented her expertly. So far this one of the few RDs I've seen that really captures the intent of the "Broadway" music Finn step. Well done.

mollymgr

I actually liked this one on Evan. I tend to not like wide blousy necklines like some he had in the past. It hampers the frame IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information