Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollymgr

Both programs are wonderful. I am so happy for them.:cheer2: They were able to give two great performances in front of a home crowd with family and friends. That can be a lot of pressure. I'm happy that they are healthy and continuing to pursue their passion. I was not sure about the coaching change but it has made a big difference. That's what matters. It seems like a great training atmosphere too. I wish them all the best for the rest of the season.

Here are the free dance and rhythm dance press conferences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CmwyjfWOFQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bib7cIytonQ

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
The practice outfits really fit the Mr and Mrs Smith vibe...I would not mind seeing them do the RD in cat suits..

aftershocks

Banned Member
Maddie and Evan are looking great and rejuvenated with their new programs, which truly bring out their personalities and their dynamic as a team better than anything has before. Dubreuil/Lauzon and crew are simply amazing in how they are able to guide and advise ice dance teams who have great potential. Straightening and slightly darkening Evan's hair has also worked wonders in bringing forth a stronger presence for him on the ice.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Madi and Evan brought back their Beyonce exhibition for the gala. It was such a treat! :smokin: Madi wore the dress that she wore for the tango in the Torun gala. Will try to get my pics posted soon :)

The one to "Haunted" from 2016?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1O6beq3cqU

It will be interesting to compare the two side by side to see what they have learned, if the gala is ever aired.

nuge

[QUOTE="aft. Straightening and slightly darkening Evan's hair has also worked wonders in bringing forth a stronger presence for him on the ice.[/QUOTE]

I never noticed the hair :rolleyes: but I did notice those awful hearts had gone from her boots:) They looked much nicer.

D

Deleted member 74551

I seem to have become a bit of a fan after years of sticking them in the anti section of my Shibs uber matrix :p Montreal looks so good on them. You’d have no idea Madi was out for this long, it’s amazing. I really think they should be in the lead.

Last edited by a moderator:

mollymgr

They are enjoying skating and as a fan I have to remind myself that this is what really matters. Ice dance scoring gives me a headache anyway. :lol: They could have easily stopped like the other teams but I appreciate them continuing on. Going to Montreal has made a drastic difference in their approach. It highlights their strengths and the programs suit them a lot. They are not lost in the mix which is what I was afraid of. Their programs clearly stand out among generic MFD choreo. There is something really refreshing and I hope to see it continue. Their programs are just lovely this season. I wish them all the best for the FD.:cheer2:

Debbie S

Even without H/D's lift deduction, C/B would still have won (H/D also lost levels on their spin). And a well-deserved win! They would have won the TES even with H/D getting full credit for both of those elements and IMO, should have scored higher in PCS. I felt bad that they and everyone else were so shocked that they couldn't celebrate that moment when the scores came up, but I hope they are celebrating now. Onward and upward to Worlds!

(And the rankings points earned from their placement here ensure they will skate in the final group in the RD at Worlds. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information