Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
In 1st after the Rhythm Dance - 75.30 39.90 35.40 8.83 8.67 8.75 9.00 9.00 0.00 #10
RD music is "Assassin's Tango" from the Mr and Mrs Smith film soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCuT-8wXTE
Patrice Lauzon was with them in the kiss & cry.

Re-posting from the U.S. Dance thread:
Solid return to international competition for Chock and Bates. 75.30 for their rhythm dance at the Torun Cup. Level 3's on everything except for their rotational lift that got a level 4 and Evan got a Level 4 on the twizzle sequence. PCS's in the high 8's and some 9's.

http://mentor.vidata.pl/results/mtc2019_SeniorIceDance_RD_Scores.pdf

Last edited:

arakwafan2006

Am i imagining them ignoring Patrice ? Yes? Good...

I’m also wondering if they’re experiencing on the Twizzles what singles skaters experience on jumps when they switch coaches. The coach addresses a weakness and the element looks weaker before it looks better ? Still, nothing to hang their head over since they’re having their fall skate in winter

Laura4

I normally focus on Madison, but in this dance my eyes were mostly on Evan. He has great posture...a beautiful straight back. I know that some used to joke about Evan getting overshadowed by Madison on the ice, but I don't think that was the case here at all. I thought he looked every bit the part of a leading man in that RD.

barbarafan

I normally focus on Madison, but in this dance my eyes were mostly on Evan. He has great posture...a beautiful straight back. I know that some used to joke about Evan getting overshadowed by Madison on the ice, but I don't think that was the case here at all. I thought he looked every bit the part of a leading man in that RD.

I liked Evan as well. He seemed to be taking control of the dance which Patrice definitely teaches. Even Scott developed this quite a bit more under Patrice. Patrice can suck all the oxygen out of a room when he enters. They have always rec'd critiques on Madison's skating....he might have taken them back to basics to improve this and they are not back up to speed yet. It will come. I find them much crisper.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
In 1st after the Rhythm Dance - 75.30 39.90 35.40 8.83 8.67 8.75 9.00 9.00 0.00 #10
RD music is "Assassin's Tango" from the Mr and Mrs Smith film soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCuT-8wXTE
Patrice Lauzon was with them in the kiss & cry.

Re-posting from the U.S. Dance thread:
OMG! Are we sure they were off the ice? That was brilliant. And, I don't even like this rhythm. I guess if you do it like they do it is fabulous!

lauravvv

I loved this RD. There are only two this season that look like authentic tangos and this is definitely one of them.:GnP1: I think this deserved much higher PCS but we shall see how this turns out for the rest of the season.
Well, it is pretty obvious that nowadays PCS are not given based on how authentic the dance is, even if it's somewhere in requirements for the SD/RD (but even then it's only a small part of it all - and I actually don't remember the exact wording for it).

Truth be told, I am not one of those people who need an ice dance program to be authentic to appreciate and enjoy it. I tend to enjoy unusual music choices - even for SDs/RDs - as well as more traditional ones. What I want to see is intricate, nuanced and interesting choreography that is appropriate for the music which is chosen and preferably enhanced by the skaters interpretation and performance skills (along with skating skills).

Madison and Evan's RD definitely meets all of those criteria. I have not always truly enjoyed their programs, but this RD is already one of the few that I really like 🙂. And I am sure that I will like it even more when their execution of the program gets better (not that it was bad now). Hoping to enjoy their FD at least as much.

Last edited:

mollymgr

I like the RD more than the FD. I just can't get into Elvis that much. :lol::shuffle: But it is nicely done and could definitely get better.
Let's hope they bring their best to Nationals.:cheer2:

lauravvv

mollymgr - Elvis is only less than a third of their FD 😉. 'Fever' is not even originally Elvis, and this version is not sung by him either.

Edit: The first vocal part is by Elvis. Ashamed to admit it, as I normally know Elvis's voice very well, but, when I was watching the competition, the sound was very quiet, and I somehow did not catch it :shuffle: 😚.

Last edited:

Shayii

I’m not feeling it either. I didn’t know they were skating to Elvis. I prefer their Under Pressure program to this and wish that had gone in that direction. Gadbois is disappointing this year. I don’t know why Madison and Evan decided to move there along with everyone else, now they’re just going to blend in.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I’m not feeling it either. I didn’t know they were skating to Elvis. I prefer their Under Pressure program to this and wish that had gone in that direction. Gadbois is disappointing this year. I don’t know why Madison and Evan decided to move there along with everyone else, now they’re just going to blend in.

Its just so totally not them. Plus they look so elegant at the beginning and then its Fever and Burning Love, it just doesn't work for me.

VGThuy

At least they're continuing their iconic men of Rock n' Roll theme. David Bowie/Queen; John Lennon; and now Elvis. You know, Madison and Evan give a choreographer a lot to work with given her musicality, flexibility, and athleticism and looks and his athleticism and partnership abilities and skating skills. I don't know if any choreographer has been able to fully utilize that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information