Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGThuy

What thing I like about air/fire theme in theory is that they don't fight each other bur rather air feeds fire. In fact, wind is great for fires to spread. If you're into those elemental personality compatibility stuff they say air signs are most compatible with fire signs.

Allskate

I'm not even into fashion or that into figure skating costumes, but even I look forward to seeing what Madison comes up with for costumes. (And I can't be the only one who would like to see the clothes she picked out for Jason when they went shopping. If they go shopping again, Jason should take photos or video. :lol: )

She has said that she might like to design costumes for others after she retires. It would be really fun to see what she could design for some of the other skaters and maybe for shows like SOI.

Peepsquick

What thing I like about air/fire theme in theory is that they don't fight each other bur rather air feeds fire. In fact, wind is great for fires to spread. If you're into those elemental personality compatibility stuff they say air signs are most compatible with fire signs.
It is exactly what they mean to enact in their FD ... from the birth of the first flames to the dancing flames up to the fire dying. Evan literally sucks the air out of the dance! :D

dancing_on_ice

MorganaLefay

I was privileged to witness their FD live. It was one of the top 2 aesthetic highlights of the GPF. I did not know anything about the theme, so the way i saw it is that they were portraying a swirling psychodelic painting, something from the 60s. Their body line, hers especially, arms, legs everything goes so well with the costumes, the music, the choreo, i would not change a thing! Also better speed and flow than in the past, and lovely to see them connect and convey such an abstract piece. Its not GG level yet, but its really solid. Top dance of the night for me (and thats after thinking they shld have been the last in RD:)

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I was privileged to witness their FD live. It was one of the top 2 aesthetic highlights of the GPF. I did not know anything about the theme, so the way i saw it is that they were portraying a swirling psychodelic painting, something from the 60s. Their body line, hers especially, arms, legs everything goes so well with the costumes, the music, the choreo, i would not change a thing! Also better speed and flow than in the past, and lovely to see them connect and convey such an abstract piece. Its not GG level yet, but its really solid. Top dance of the night for me (and thats after thinking they shld have been the last in RD:)
Its really interesting to hear your take on seeing the FD live!

I saw the version at SA live and was intrigued so I'm adjusting to the significant change but I like what they have done and the abstract nature of the dance. I think it is a very interesting dance at this point though I will always wish they could have made the original concept work. But they seem very committed to this which is what they need to make it work as well as they performed it at GPF. I am looking forward to seeing it from Nationals.

Debbie S

Madison and Evan are nominated for the ISU Skating Awards, in Best Costume (Alien) and Most Entertaining Program (Alien) categories.

Vote (requires registration, though):

Looks like the ISU changed the awards to be based on calendar year and not season so the nominations are a mix. Strange, IMO, but oh well.

VGThuy

Madison and Evan are nominated for the ISU Skating Awards, in Best Costume (Alien) and Most Entertaining Program (Alien) categories.

Vote (requires registration, though):

Looks like the ISU changed the awards to be based on calendar year and not season so the nominations are a mix. Strange, IMO, but oh well.

That makes no sense to me, but what do I know.

VGThuy

Just going to silently post these here:

One section of like the 4-piece program is muted for the LP, but you know what music it is. I knew this program was about the "arms", but had forgotten just how much armography was in that program.

trainingdogs82

Just going to silently post these here:

One section of like the 4-piece program is muted for the LP, but you know what music it is. I knew this program was about the "arms", but had forgotten just how much armography was in that program.
That Aladdin program is a guilty pleasure for me. I just love the cheesiness and corniness of it, and how well done it is in that vein. And when she hits those beautiful jumps with it, just loved it.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Stunning photos taken by photographer Kevin Moody

Sylvia

TBD
Madi & Evan had their pre-Nationals media call today: https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/1615831384207106065
Madison Chock & Evan Bates began their story in San Jose at 2012 US Champs. As they ready for another US Champs there next week, Chock says "We are training at peak performance. We are exactly where we want to be & where we need to be (for) 2nd half of season."
Thanks, @clairecloutier! https://twitter.com/ClaireCloutier/status/1615830215040671765

They recently were added to the Canadian Stars on Ice tour :): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2023-canadian-stars-on-ice-tour.110231/#post-6368258

Debbie S

Congratulations to the 4-time U.S. champions! Madi and Evan were amazing today! So glad I was able to see them live!

Interesting that they took out the choreo slide and are now doing a spin as the 3rd choreo move. I did like the slide move they'd been doing, hope we'll see it again in a future program.

Vagabond

They are the oldest couple to win the U.S. National Championships in at least fifty years, and they won by the largest margin since the elimination of the Original Dance.

Allskate

Interesting that they took out the choreo slide and are now doing a spin as the 3rd choreo move. I did like the slide move they'd been doing, hope we'll see it again in a future program.
I did like their more extended split slide today. I don't know how hard it is, but it looks cool. I didn't think their lifts were as strong today as in their last skate. Also, those moves where Evan pulls her by the foot seemed a bit off today - not as strong. I'm looking forward to seeing what this program looks like at Worlds. It's fun to watch the program evolve.

Debbie S

I did like their more extended split slide today. I don't know how hard it is, but it looks cool. I didn't think their lifts were as strong today as in their last skate. Also, those moves where Evan pulls her by the foot seemed a bit off today - not as strong. I'm looking forward to seeing what this program looks like at Worlds. It's fun to watch the program evolve.
Oh, I love the split slide move....from the protocol, that appears to be the choreo spinning movement....I didn't realize it at first since they had been doing that split move as a connecting step/move but looks like they decided to make it an official choreo element. The slide move from Alien at the end threw me off. They've kept us guessing this season. :)

I do think it was smart to replace the original curve lift near the end since they seemed to struggle with the levels on that on the GP.

alexikeguchi

Congrats to the 3-time 4CC champions! They were on fire today!
Haha, I saw what you did there. But they were amazing, and I am so impressed with how far they have come this season after a lackluster and unprepared start. Both programs are working so well now; I guess they and their team actually know what they're doing better than any of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information