Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara Manatee

They sure have their media training down, too. People were crazy to suggest they cut and run from the GPF - they're too savvy for that.

AYS

🌻
Does this mean they've changed their music yet again, since NHK? Because it was Orange Blossoms and Jorane at NHK, right?
Between Skate America and NHK Trophy, the Grand Prix finalists made some significant changes to their free dance. Along with some music changes – they are now using tracks solely by French-Canadian singer/cellist Jorane

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
These won't last

RD gpf Let's dance

FD gpf Air & Fire

Peepsquick

Thank you for posting @DORISPULASKI!

I love both of their programs: they are excellent!
I have a small preference for their really poetic FD... I honestly prefer it to last season's.

One small critic ... I love Bowie but somehow this music doesn't mesh with the choreography of the RD imho.
I am really rooting for them to win World this season!

trainingdogs82

It is good to see the world title is once again a possability whereas before the final I would have said the only realistic goal would be getting on the podium at worlds. It still won't be easy. Gilles & Poirier clearly have the most momentum (and I suspect strong politiking from Skate Canada given how generous some of their scores have been this season for even some of their more subpar outings, and that they are Canada's only medal hope in any discipline right now) and are the favorites right now. Guignard & Fabbri I am sure will come back fighting and aren't out of the running for the world gold this year yet either. Still Chock & Bates are right in the thick of it now and if they can build off the large improvements they made in their programs in only weeks, they have a legit shot at it again.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

Nice, Long interview by Tatiana Flajde ~14 minutes

About the issues with starting their programs in August, and their process

Evan's new position as skater ISU representative

Future plans

Retirement projects- they really are not very formed.

DreamSkates

Someone please explain Chock’s free dance dress. Colors? Why such long stringy lengths? Maybe I’m just not familiar with the theme of the music . I do like that it is unique compared to other ice dancers.
Not criticizing them as I hope they have 2 more golds in the near future: US Nats and Worlds.

Peepsquick

Someone please explain Chock’s free dance dress. Colors? Why such long stringy lengths? Maybe I’m just not familiar with the theme of the music . I do like that it is unique compared to other ice dancers.
Not criticizing them as I hope they have 2 more golds in the near future: US Nats and Worlds.
She embodies fire and flames ... I find the dress perfect for that purpose!
Evan is air ... the perfect foil to fire...

mtnskater

After listening to all of the episodes from their podcast over the length of time they’ve been doing it, I am so impressed with them not only as skaters but as people too. They genuinely love skating with each other, and performing, and love traveling the world to do so. I totally get why they want to keep going when they love what they are doing so much. Their interview with Jason was so fun, especially Maddie taking Jason shopping and doing a total wardrobe makeover on him. I seem to recall Maddie taking Alysa under her wing at the Olympics and doing her hair and makeup too.

I too thought the posts urging their withdrawal from the GPF were nuts. I knew they were late getting started and never to be counted out. They know what they need to do. Would love for them to win a world championship. Maddie is one of the best performers in the sport I have ever seen and Evan is such a great partner. I’m so glad they decided to keep going this year.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I seem to recall Maddie taking Alysa under her wing at the Olympics and doing her hair and makeup.
Both Maddies - Chock and Hubbell - and the entire IAM crew, really, took care of Alysa in Beijing and watched over her like mother hens. It was one of the sweetest bits of the Olympics. All of the "older" US women - Chock, Hubbell, Knierim & Cain - truly seem to care about the next generation, mentoring and supporting them - and you can see just how admired they are by those youngsters in their IG and other social media posts. It's made me appreciate and love them, especially those four though, so much more than I did even a year ago.

AYS

🌻
When a purple amethyst crystal is heated, it turns to a golden (yellow/brown) color. Those are the colors of her dress. I could see some room for some crystal action here.

VGThuy

The most annoying thing about Madison Chock is that she is still beautiful running around with no makeup, wearing sweats while walking her poodles. That's just not fair. :drama:
Sometimes I look at her IG and I'm just in awe. Seriously.

To be honest, I think there are so many beautiful people in ice dance, but especially from the women's side. It's amazing to me. Even without make up of obvious IG filters, etc.

chewy

I have superficial costume comments. I think for the free dance, there needs to be much more of that blue water flame (to be water) on Evan's shirt so that it looks like they meld more in the lifts and at the ending. More of "together" and less separate because the program is definitely together-all-over-each-other.

And personally, if Evan came out with a David Bowie white suit for the RD, that would be amazing. Bring the sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information