Jihun TO
Young YOU

Haein LEE (now senior eligible)
Seoyeong WI (now senior eligible)

Ice Dance
Min & Eaton

seabm7

KSU notice on the national championships:

KSU will hold the national championships if the social distance level is decreased from 2.5 to 2.

Competition: Feb 24 (Wed) - 26 (Fri)
Official Practice: Feb 22 (Mon) - 23 (Tue)

• This competition will select the men's and womens' tickets to the 2021 Worlds.
  • They did not say anything about the ice dance ticket to the Worlds.
  • No audience. There will be an online streaming.
  • If the social distance level does not go down, KSU will change the competition structure/selection method.

Also KSU will send the TES judging videos to ISU if there is a request from a singles skater.

Last edited:

seabm7

The social distance restriction at the metropolitan area went down to Level 2. KSU can hold the national as planned. But this weekend is one of the biggest holiday seasons in Korea, the lunar new year, which could make the situation worse. Let's see what happens.

The venue for the national is Uijeongbu Indoor Ice Rink, which has ~1,000 seats. Please note that KSU will not allow audience.

Last edited:

seabm7

Last edited:

seabm7

Someone called KSU and asked about live streaming. Apparently, KSU cannot use YouTube because of copyright concerns. They are looking for other ways for streaming. :(

Marco

The entries to the national:

This table in Korean shows the flight assignment for the short segment. There will be the short order raffle on Feb. 17th.

Most of the current skaters participate in the national. However, June Hyoung LEE, Dabin CHOI, and Nahyun KIM will not.
Thanks for the update.

And wow. Even Cha Junhwan is competing (especially when Lee is not there to try to take the Worlds spot?!)??? Why?! Is he already in Korea? Otherwise there is quite a bit of travel between Canada and Korea and a lot of time difference and quarantine involved for a national event that does not decide the world team, that is held just 5 weeks before worlds.

Colonel Green

Thanks for the update.

And wow. Even Cha Junhwan is competing (especially when Lee is not there to try to take the Worlds spot?!)??? Why?! Is he already in Korea? Otherwise there is quite a bit of travel between Canada and Korea and a lot of time difference and quarantine involved for a national event that does not decide the world team, that is held just 5 weeks before worlds.
Cha hasn’t been in Canada for a year at this point.

seabm7

Thanks for the update.

Orser has been coaching Junhwan virtually this season, which is mentioned in recent interviews by Orser.

This national DOES decide the World team for singles. I suspect KSU was waiting until the last minute, hoping ISU would cancel the worlds.

seabm7

Program music info for Haein LEE, Yelim KIM, and Eunsoo LIM:

Haein LEE
SP: Ave Maria by Franz Schubert, choreo by Yeaji Shin
FS: Black Swan OST, choreo by Yeaji Shin

Yelim KIM
SP: Liberstraume by Franz Liszt, choreo by Drew Meekins
FS: Love Story OST (2019-2020 FS), choreo by Jeff Buttle

Eunsoo Lim
SP: Capriccio Espanol (2019-2020 first half SP), choreo by David Wilson
FS: East of Eden OST by Lee Holdrige, choreo by Jeff Buttle

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Program music info for Haein LEE, Yelim KIM, and Eunsoo LIM:

Haein LEE
SP: Ave Maria by Franz Schubert, choreo by Yeaji Shin
FS: Black Swan OST, choreo by Yeaji Shin

Yelim KIM
SP: Liberstraum by Franz Liszt, choreo by Drew Meekins
FS: Love Story OST (2019-2020 FS), choreo by Jeff Buttle

Eunsoo Lim
SP: Capriccio Espanol (2019-2020 first half SP), choreo by David Wilson
FS: East of Eden OST by Lee Holdrige, choreo by Jeff Buttle
Lots of classical music from Korean ladies!!!

Marco

Since Eunsoo placed 10th at 2019 Worlds, Korea gets to send 2 ladies to 2021 Worlds. It's been some time and I can't remember the top elites - there were so many of them. I am guessing the 2 spots will be contended by the following age eligible and TES minimum fulfilling ladies:

• Eunsoo Lim
  • Young You
  • Yelim Kim
  • Haein Lee
  • Seoyeong Wi

Are there anymore that I missed? I don't think there have been many domestic comps this season for any newbies to have a shot?!

seabm7

Since Eunsoo placed 10th at 2019 Worlds, Korea gets to send 2 ladies to 2021 Worlds. It's been some time and I can't remember the top elites - there were so many of them. I am guessing the 2 spots will be contended by the following age eligible and TES minimum fulfilling ladies:

• Eunsoo Lim
  • Young You
  • Yelim Kim
  • Haein Lee
  • Seoyeong Wi

Are there anymore that I missed? I don't think there have been many domestic comps this season for any newbies to have a shot?!

You got it right. These are the top 5, considering the 2019-20 season results. However, since there has been no domestic competition at the elite level this season, no one knows what will happen at the Korean national.

seabm7

End of Day 1

Junior men short program

Junhyuk LEE 48.66
Hyeongseou PARK 37.59
Yesung KIM 37.19

Junior women short program top 6

Jia SHIN 55.90
Si Woo SONG 50.83
Heesue HAN 45.69
Yubin CHO 45.19
Seoyeong JEON 41.98
Yeonwoo KANG 41.02

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
End of Day 1

Junior men short program

Junhyuk LEE 48.66
Hyeongseou PARK 37.59
Yesung KIM 37.19

Junior women short program top 6

Jia SHIN 55.90
Si Woo SONG 50.83
Heesue HAN 45.69
Yubin CHO 45.19
Seoyeong JEON 41.98
Yeonwoo KANG 41.02
I'm glad that Korea is able to hold their National Championships and I know that most of their skaters have had fairly limited ice time but those are some really rough scores, especially from the men.

Marco

Is this ranking competition virtual or physical? I thought Nationals this week is supposed to determine the World Team so why would they wanna disrupt final days training for Worlds participants with unnecessary travel? If this ranking competition seconds as a monitoring exercise for Worlds participants does this mean they could do a last minute swap on world team members?

seabm7

Is this ranking competition virtual or physical? I thought Nationals this week is supposed to determine the World Team so why would they wanna disrupt final days training for Worlds participants with unnecessary travel? If this ranking competition seconds as a monitoring exercise for Worlds participants does this mean they could do a last minute swap on world team members?

It is a physical competition. The ranking competition has nothing to do with the world entry or last minute swap. Traditionally, KSU selected the national envelope using the sum of points obtained at the ranking competition AND the national. It seems to me that KSU just follows this rule blindly, without considering how the schedule will affect the world participants.

Marco

It is a physical competition. The ranking competition has nothing to do with the world entry or last minute swap. Traditionally, KSU selected the national envelope using the sum of points obtained at the ranking competition AND the national. It seems to me that KSU just follows this rule blindly, without considering how the schedule will affect the world participants.
Oh no

seabm7

Day 2 videos -

Senior women short program (5 flights)
Senior men short program (2 flights)
Junior men free skating (1 flight)
Junior women free skating (4 flights)

Senior women short program top 12

Young YOU 69.87 (3A<)
Haein LEE 69.22
Yelim KIM 68.87
Eunsoo LIM 67.25
Ahsun YUN 66.29 (Yun was supposed to enter JGP this season.)
Seo Young WI 65.86 (isu bio Seoyeong WI)

Yeon Jeong PARK 62.08
Seoyeon JI 61.46
Chaeyeon KIM 60.62
Minchae KIM 57.54
Hanul KIM 53.98
Jooha KANG 53.44

protocol in English:

ETD: There are too many yeon's, yeong's and young's. Even we Koreans got confused.

Last edited:

seabm7

Last edited:

Marco

Senior women short program top 12

Young YOU 69.87 (3A<)
Haein LEE 69.22
Yelim KIM 68.87
Eunsoo LIM 67.25
Ahsun YUN 66.29 (Yun was supposed to enter JGP this season.)
Seo Young WI 65.86
Looks like the judges are giving the top 4 comparable PCS and let their TES decide their placements.

Well done Haein Lee for coming this close to Young You without attempting a 3axel when she also had a !. Looks like Eunsoo Lim, Ahsun Yun and Seo Young Wi were the only squeaky clean skates (no calls) but didn't prevail due to GOEs / PCS respectively.

Natanielle825

Korea has 2 ladies spots? If so, they should really wait to decide after the ranking competition to pick the world team, since they have several good candidates. It's a tough decision to make based on only one competition, though I suppose they're unlikely to gain or lose an Olympic team spot no matter who they send. On the other hand, Eunsoo is the only one with world experience. This competition could be very important in preparing whoever they think they'll send to the Olympics next year. I know they won't wait, but they should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information