FSU Watch Party Saturday 4/4 - 1995 Worlds ladies SP [12pm CDT / 7pm CET]

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
As another stay-at-home weekend approaches for most of us, let's do another watch party. 95 Worlds was runner-up in the last poll. The amazing Sk8Frasch has the entire event on youtube with British Eurosport commentary. :cheer: I've got to say, this is a pretty sweet lineup.

Approximately 2 hours, 45 minutes

Starting order:
Jenna Arrowsmith GRB
Hanae Yokoya JPN
Junko Yaginuma JPN
Irina Slutskaya RUS
Laetitia Hubert FRA

Monique van der Velden NED
Surya Bonaly FRA
Michelle Kwan USA
Maria Nikitochkina BLR
Anna Rechnio POL

Krisztina Czako HUN
Katerina Berankova CZE
Elena Liashenko UKR
Olga Markova RUS
Mila Kajas FIN

Ivana Jakupcevic CRO
Yulia Lavrenchuk UKR
Mojca Kopac SLO
Kumiko Koiwai JPN
Toni Bombardieri ITA

Lucinda Ruh SUI
Tanja Szewczenko GER
Simone Lang GER
Julia Lautowa AUT
Marie Pierre Leray FRA

Tatiana Malinina UZB
Chen Lu CHN
Jennifer Robinson CAN
Nicole Bobek USA
Marta Andrade ESP
Marina Kielmann GER

I'm thinking we'll probably do the ladies LP on Sunday. Is this a good time for everyone?

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

This is too good, I can’t wait! I was watching some short cut Swedish broadcast back then, and have only seen the top six or something.

S

SmallFairy

Markova and Bobek ruled this SP

And Lu Chen. Mendelssohn’s Piano concerto for the world!

Finnice

Oh my G, Mila Kajas! I have to tell her. She is a current PR manager of FFSA.
Unfortunately, I have another virtual party tomorrow at 5 pm CET. Dunno how long it takes.

skateboy

As another stay-at-home weekend approaches for most of us, let's do another watch party. 95 Worlds was runner-up in the last poll. The amazing Sk8Frasch has the entire event on youtube with British Eurosport commentary. :cheer: I've got to say, this is a pretty sweet lineup.

Approximately 2 hours, 45 minutes

Starting order:
Jenna Arrowsmith GRB
Hanae Yokoya JPN
Junko Yaginuma JPN
Irina Slutskaya RUS
Laetitia Hubert FRA

Monique van der Velden NED
Surya Bonaly FRA
Michelle Kwan USA
Maria Nikitochkina BLR
Anna Rechnio POL

Krisztina Czako HUN
Katerina Berankova CZE
Elena Liashenko UKR
Olga Markova RUS
Mila Kajas FIN

Ivana Jakupcevic CRO
Yulia Lavrenchuk UKR
Mojca Kopac SLO
Kumiko Koiwai JPN
Toni Bombardieri ITA

Lucinda Ruh SUI
Tanja Szewczenko GER
Simone Lang GER
Julia Lautowa AUT
Marie Pierre Leray FRA

Tatiana Malinina UZB
Chen Lu CHN
Jennifer Robinson CAN
Nicole Bobek USA
Marta Andrade ESP
Marina Kielmann GER

I'm thinking we'll probably do the ladies LP on Sunday. Is this a good time for everyone?
Can't make it (working) but will be there in spirit!

Finnice

Never heard of 🇩🇪 #3 here.
Simone Lang, you mean? I remember the name but not her very well. So likely not very voidy.
I loved Berankova, Rechnio and Czako. Plus Kopac and Malinina. Aahg, should I tell to Die Toten Hosen Club gentlemen that I can not join them. But @Jeschke, at least I am a fan of German punk rock. :40beers:

Skate Talker

Simone Lang, you mean? I remember the name but not her very well. So likely not very voidy.
I remember her. IIRC she was "the new Witt" with the same coach as Katarina. I seem to remember pale blond hair and at least one costume that was done to swan lake with a white, slightly voidy costume.

VGThuy

Ah, yes, Bobek ushering in the flutz era.

Yes. It was so egregious. I think it hit its zenith with Sarah Hughes. Never saw such a proud display of a horrific Lutz technique with a mule kick being the exclamation point. She was smart to only do one triple Lutz in the SLC LP as far from the judges' eye-line as possible but with two 3/3s. Sasha's looked like she didn't really attempt an outside edge. The American women were just doing it left-and-right.

VGThuy

I think it was just right, if they were leaning left they would have hit an outside edge. :p

:lol:
Some of them attempted and rocked back and forth, like Kwan. Sometimes, she would hit the outside edge-to-flat. Some others were DEEP into the inside edge. I think for a while, the true Lutzers were lipping as well. One good thing about IJS was they incentivized the skaters to fix all of that.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
So.... I'm not going to make it tomorrow. I forgot I'm helping my friend move to her new house in the middle of a pandemic. :gallopin1

Can anyone volunteer to run it!? I have the Watch2Gether all set up, I just need someone to essentially push play and keep the entire session active.

J

Jeschke

Ah no! That sucks. This seems so totally your line-up! :drama:

I could take the responsibility to push the button! (I guess you approve the song vice :p )
Problem: Not sure I'll make it in time! So if anyone volunteers? Otherwise I'll do the job!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Last edited:

gkelly

I liked her 1995 programs. But by that point, two or three different triples wasn't going to cut it, especially if you couldn't actually land them all.

skateycat

One of Nature's Non-Spinners
At 10 after, I'm gonna push the button. Am very excited about this competition!

skateycat

One of Nature's Non-Spinners
Oh it’s not for another 45 minutes! Oh gosh so sorry. I wondered why nobody was saying anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information