FSU Watch Party Sunday #2: 2010 Olympics FD [3pm CDT/9pm CET]

Amy L

I always assumed that Linichuk pushed DomShabs into controversial programs to distract from Maxim's dead kneecaps. But then Oksana wound up breeding with the slimy loathsome Kostomorov right after this competition, so maybe that's just her personality. :blah:

caseyedwards

I loved domnina and Shabalin!! Weirdly enough this free dance was better at euros!! Or maybe it was the camerawork. But anyway the use of the belts in the transitional lifts did not violate any lift rule because the main lifts were totally unassisted!!!

caseyedwards

I always assumed that Linichuk pushed DomShabs into controversial programs to distract from Maxim's dead kneecaps. But then Oksana wound up breeding with the slimy loathsome Kostomorov right after this competition, so maybe that's just her personality. :blah:
They didnā€™t say this but itā€™s so obvious. The couldnā€™t do any recognizable dance! Especially not their Russian folk dance! I mean can you imagine? It would have so sad to have them go from first in the CD to like 10th in the OD! So they made up a brand new aboriginal culture and dance and called it australian

Colonel Green

Remember when we were facing the horrifying prospect of a "Candyman" Olympic medal, and then mistakes intervened?

Yeah, that didn't happen here.

MsZem

Say what you will about DomShabs, it's because of them that I first listened to the soundtrack from The Double Life of Veronique and I feel like that deserves some credit.

casken

I actually like the mood and music for Dom/Shabs more than any other FD, but he's on two feet more than Novistki, and he looks like he can barely get through the required one foot sections.

Aerobicidal

Inspired by Selections
My thought process during this program: It was good to order sushi so the wasabi can clear out my sinuses. Okay, let's put a lot on the avocado roll. Damn, this wasabi is really weak. But the avocado is perfect.

Hanna

Skating junkie
From 2020 perspective, my fave program out of these was the Baby Italians RFAD. Easily.

Honorable mentions also to
  • Nora Hoffman
  • Kerrs' hiphop
  • LaKhokh
  • Faiella/Pasta

alchemy void

campaigning for Surya's 06 Olympic bronze
That was nice, although I was in pain watching him twizzle. I think I'd slot them right behind the Zarteskys.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
The Canadian audience is definitely, TOTALLY excited that D/S got the bronze and not at all excited that they didn't threaten the gold. :shuffle:

Colonel Green

I was momentarily confused as to why the crowd was cheering so hard for Domnina/Shabalin's scores, and then I remembered, oh, right...

Aerobicidal

Inspired by Selections
I didn't care at all about these results at the time, but I'm seething with a hint of rage now at Domnina beating Faiella. (Don't care about B/A's placement.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information