Lucinda Ruh SUI
Sarah Hughes USA

Tatiana Malinina UZB
Vanessa Gusmeroli FRA
Julia Soldatova RUS
Maria Butyrskaya RUS
Anna Rechnio POL
Michelle Kwan USA

I'll probably stream 1991 Worlds in the evening, too, around 7 or 8pm CDT. There are a ton of videos on youtube of all 4 disciplines, but they're quite low quality, honestly, I'd say borderline watchable.

By the way, if anyone is interested in organizing any other events, PLEASE go ahead. :) I'm quarantined all weekend with no work and a small apartment, so I don't mind at all. If you are interested, I have been using the Watch2Gether Chrome extension to compile the playlists. Hit me up with any questions.

Last edited:

VGThuy

Thank you so much for doing 1991 Worlds!! For all you younger Skating fans, you will now be exposed to when nobody knew how ice dance was judged and there were little templates forced upon the teams so the judges were judging totally different things in a single competition.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Thank you so much for doing 1991 Worlds!! For all you younger Skating fans, you will now be exposed to when nobody knew how ice dance was judged and there were little templates forced upon the teams so the judges were judging totally different things in a single competition.

Yup, I'm thinking around 7pm CDT. There are a lot of videos, but the quality is poor. Most are like this :

I'm sure we'll get used to it after a few videos?

VGThuy

I can’t believe that upright spin was one of her required spins. Like really girl? Also her choreographer didn’t realize you place that layback during a musical highlight or the end of the program for all us to salivate over.

VGThuy

I had no idea Volchkova was doing Gone with the Wind that early in her career. I thought it was a new program at the 2001-2002 season. But then all her programs were pretty much the same and vacant anyway.

S

SmallFairy

Vika never had much content between the elements, and was never that well packaged. Her jumps were huge when on, but her layback was not laying back a lot ;)

This performance may make #TTW POTS @Jeschke She even almost fell out of her camel.

VGThuy

I always wondered if ponytails affect the air resistance and thus rotation of the jumps. Especially those extra bushy ponytails of the early 90s.

S

SmallFairy

At least she was rocking and splatting in the same program. Some MESS in there too...
I'm not sure about the hair. She looks like she got straight out of bed. (((Vika))) She made up for it in later years :glamor:

S

SmallFairy

Well, that was the first GWTW of the evening. Here comes TITANIC!!!!

S

SmallFairy

Lavrenchuk has so little choreography it's almost embarrassing. But still, her power is so engaging, I've always loved her. That's one nice spiral!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information