From Russia With Love (No 32): Spring to Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffinplus

Taking a page from Sergei Polunin? But I used to like Polunin...never liked Yags. And why is he saying he would shoot himself in one breath and then say you need to fight being overweight?

Polunin is more talented.. I honestly never liked Yagudin's skating (and, no really didn't like Plushenko's either). During his generation, Klimkin and Abt were far more interesting. But I think nowadays Russian skaters are markedly better across most disciplines

As far as the overweight comment - he would rather shoot himself than be overweight I guess

Bigbird

In Polunin's defense I doubt he was being mean spirited after all his girlfriend is not a waif. But Yags is just from an alternate universe. His poor wife had also not gain an ounce. She must be petrified of gaining even 50 g!!

Mad for Skating

In the future, you woudn't want your daughters to marry: "Other women. Guess what, in 20 years, this kind of thing will definitely be happening (** newsflash it already is** :rolleyes: ) But hopefully, not in my family.

Oh boy...I respected Yagudin as a skater, but these kind of comments are nothing short of homophobic. Dude, get a life. It’s pride month.

Taking a page from Sergei Polunin? But I used to like Polunin...never liked Yags.

I was just watching Polunin’s performance in The Nutcracker and the Four Realms and it’s such a shame he went off the deep end. He is insanely talented - I’ve never seen a male ballet dancer with such skill. But some of his comments are the words of a madman. You wonder what drives a person that far off the rails sometimes.
Yagudin was a good skater and I enjoyed some of his performances, but these comments are disgusting.

In Polunin's defense I doubt he was being mean spirited after all his girlfriend is not a waif.

Is this in reference to Ilinykh? Elena is not too heavy at all - IMO, she is gorgeous! Just because she is not a stick-figure mannequin with no curves does not mean she’s overweight. She is a beautiful young woman.

mackiecat

In Polunin's defense I doubt he was being mean spirited after all his girlfriend is not a waif. But Yags is just from an alternate universe. His poor wife had also not gain an ounce. She must be petrified of gaining even 50 g!!
I think what the poster is meaning is Polunin’s anti gay rants of the past 6 months and YAGs seemingly antigay comment

Bigbird

I think what the poster is meaning is Polunin’s anti gay rants of the past 6 months and YAGs seemingly antigay comment

Polunin was not being anti-gay, wouldn't that be ridiculous, half his friends are gay!! IIRC he was talking about the absence of a strong male energy on the stage. He wanted a more masculine (IHHO, haha) image on stage rather than men looking effeminate, as there is already a female ballerina on stage. Nobody wants to hear that, but he has and is paying the price.

Yehudi

AITA
Polunin was not being anti-gay, wouldn't that be ridiculous, half his friends are gay!! IIRC he was talking about the absence of a strong male energy on the stage. He wanted a more masculine (IHHO, haha) image on stage rather than men looking effeminate, as there is already a female ballerina on stage. Nobody wants to hear that, but he has and is paying the price.

He then went on to say he thinks two men kissing is disgusting. And “I have gay/black/insert minority here friends” has been a standard denial of bigots for decades.

My personal favorite whacko comment from Polunin was how he claimed the Romanov execution was a Jewish and Catholic conspiracy.

Bigbird

He then went on to say he thinks two men kissing is disgusting. And “I have gay/black/insert minority here friends” has been a standard denial of bigots for decades.

My personal favorite whacko comment from Polunin was how he claimed the Romanov execution was a Jewish and Catholic conspiracy.

Oh wow a little TMI for his own good career wise. I am sure he is not alone in these sentiments it's just he's the only one brave enough to say it. His are the consequences to bear on his lonesome. But maybe there is a reason for this seeming madness.

Tinami Amori

Irina Slutskaya's divorce info (summary)

They divorced quietly (over a year ago), he left to her and children everything (meaning the house, the cars, the furniture). They were married for 17 years, did not have major fights other than regular house-hold disagreements. Their paths in life and interests grew apart. He was not a very public person, he wanted to remain where he was at the same level, to continue just to be a children's trainer and had no other interests or aspirations. At the same time, after the end of Irina's skating career, she pursued higher education and received two degrees; she developed new interests and goals, wanted to pursue them, and move to the next level.

They have been discussing divorce for a while, it was a long and painful process, not with an easy heart. During the formal court procedure he did not attend, nothing was contested. He simply took his belongings/property and left all the assets to the family. Irina is not claiming alimony/child-support, and he is not claiming half of assets. They do not socialize now, because there is still mutual sadness and hurt, but it does not affect children, and they are able to spend time equally with both parents. They have a driver who takes children back and forth (between two parents) at their will.

Irina is now married to a business man, Alexei Govyrin.

They married quietly in 2018 (not to cause sensation for sake of children and ex husband). They met on a work/business related issue, did few projects together, it was not a love at first sight on Irina's side. At one point he started to show more interest in spending time together, then helped her with a difficult situation with her mother which made Irina see him in a different light, and then finally took her in his arms, and that was it. He also has two children from previous marriage.

When Irina was recently on a TV show "million-dollar secret", talking about the changes in her life, he came into the studio as a surprise with a huge bouquet of flower.
TV show with Irina - "Million-dollar secret" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o51SePAYIcw

And as said above already, yes she is pregnant.
https://sun6-1.userapi.com/c853620/v853620825/60a7e/G1UXX5BRspY.jpg

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Good for them! I’m eager to see what she can come up with!

Come on, you’re not wet behind the ears, @rfisher. Nothing can prepare you for the anxiety you get from being a Stolbova fan.
:lol: Oh, I think so. I suffered through two Olympics as a Kwan fan. I watched many competitions through my fingers while pacing around the room. Stolbova anxiety is easy.

Tinami Amori

Good for them! I’m eager to see what she can come up with!
Well, their relationship seem to be stable. They both went on vacation to Bali just before the show in Japan, but did not say as a couple or as friends.

(correction about japan show). All the comments from Trankov and Mozer are very positive about working with Zueva and their own involvement. There is an IG post "Zueva is training personally. Mozer and Trankov are also in business/involved".

Last edited:

mjb52

Did the Russian Federation send all its skaters to Bali this season at various times as a reward for all their victories or something or are they all going on their own? SinKats went, Stepanova was there, I think Eremenko also, and maybe some others I'm forgetting. It's making me as envious as when everyone on my facebook feed was in Iceland all of a sudden!

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
They are in Japan now at a show. All the comments from Trankov and Mozer are very positive about working with Zueva and their own involvement. There is an IG post "Zueva is training personally. Mozer and Trankov are also in business/involved".

V/T are doing a show in Japan right now, but Vladimir’s mother replied to an Instagram comment earlier in the week asking when T/M were leaving for Florida that they had flown to the US on Tuesday the 4th.

Tinami Amori

V/T are doing a show in Japan right now, but Vladimir’s mother replied to an Instagram comment earlier in the week asking when T/M were leaving for Florida that they had flown to the US on Tuesday the 4th.
thanks!
What show is T/M is doing then? they are supposed to be somewhere, now, or soon... (confused..)

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
thanks!
What show is T/M is doing then? they are supposed to be somewhere, now, or soon... (confused..)

I have not heard/read anything about them doing any more shows after they finished off the Averbukh shows before vacation. They said when it was announced they were going to Marina that they would begin work with her in late May or early June.

Mad for Skating

:lol: Oh, I think so. I suffered through two Olympics as a Kwan fan. I watched many competitions through my fingers while pacing around the room. Stolbova anxiety is easy.

Ahh, you’re a true veteran of the figure skating war! Kudos!
My life goal is to someday be sane enough to say “Stolbova anxiety is easy.”

Well, their relationship seem to be stable. They both went on vacation to Bali just before the show in Japan, but did not say as a couple or as friends.

(correction about japan show). All the comments from Trankov and Mozer are very positive about working with Zueva and their own involvement. There is an IG post "Zueva is training personally. Mozer and Trankov are also in business/involved".

Thanks for the update! Evgenia looks beautiful and happy. Good luck to them.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Thanks for the summary of Irina's marital life. I'm sure it does affect the kids, but they probably have friends going through the same thing. Hopefully it will work out for the best.

Rina RUS

Well, if this issue is so important, Yagudin even shared a room with Rudy Galindo. When he said that to Tarasova, she asked: "Do you understand what you do?" Yagudin adds Tarasova liked and respected Galindo, but she was "more experienced about living in the nest of friendly vipers". After that people had questions about Yagudin's sexual orientation indeed. Yagudin adds Rudy didn't take offence, when he had said he was going to move to another room.

Yagudin doesn't worry when a man kisses him, hugs him. I like, that it seems his head is absolutely clear of any thoughts: he is not shy, not grateful - nothing. Such relations are just natural for him.
He just thinks he may live where he lives, do what he does and say what he says.

Yagudin likes to play with everyone: with men and with girls.
I think Kovtun mocked, when he said "my daddy" about Yagudin, but... it seems Denis Ten didn't mock, when he texted "father" ("батюшка") in his messages to Yagudin. Such relationship is a rare thing, isn't it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information