*Update* World Junior Figure Skating Championships now assigned to Tallinn

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So am I which doesn't negate that these kids, and they are kids, had nothing to do with their government's actions and they are victims of Putin too.
Which we have seen may even be supported by some of the skaters and their families.

It was in 2020 yes. :) (And during the p-demic I believe they re-uploaded some previous years, hopefully they're still there.) Fingers crossed no music blocks.
Public service announcement. It is now okay to type out pandemic, virus, coronavirus, and covid. :cheer:

Hedwig

Antique member
Which we have seen may even be supported by some of the skaters and their families.
yes, but I don't think it is in anyone's interest right now to further the gap even wider. There is already enough against Russian sentiment everywhere and we must be careful - also in our own interest not to lose the ones that are against Putin but most of all because it is the decent thing to do.
There is no way that Junior skaters from Russia should in any way be hold accountable for what Putin and his henchmen are doing and if there are despicable people like Larionov who support this war, this has still nothing to do with these children.

I am sad as well that we will be deprived of Russian skating but of course it is the only and the right way to act. Does not mean it is not sad.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks to @IDC a.k.a. Ritti for tweeting this Estonian article link:

Machine translated excerpt:

"We didn't really want to take it, because we have had two big competitions," Maire Arm, the president of the Estonian Ice Skating Association, told ERR. "People are tired, the work was huge and the tension was great. There were plans to do [the World Junior Championships] elsewhere, but no agreements were reached. Because of that, we thought it would be worst for the sport if there was no such competition and we agreed."

"ISU confirmed such a schedule that there will be no gala and there will be less training before the competition," Arm explained. "Our team of athletes is strong, we have two young men Mikhail Selevko and Arlet Levandi, girls Niina Petrõkina and dance couple Tatiana Bunina - Ivan Kuznetsov."

The Estonian Ice Skating Union has just organized the European Championships and the championships of four continents in the ice rink of Tondiraba. According to Armi, it will take time to deal with the financial side, but the guests were satisfied with the big competitions here. "Everyone has thanked us, other countries have sent us letters of thanks. Everyone has been very pleased," Arm said.

Sally1214

Excited to see the 2022 World Jrs. rescheduled. Now, hoping big time that the ISU YouTube channel will stream it and keep videos of the events up on the site for awhile. I was just marking the dates in my calendar and see that April 14th is my son & daughter-in-law's anniversary (I promised to babysit so they can go out and celebrate). Then, April 15-17th is Easter weekend which means I'll be prerparing a big dinner for the family. So ... I'm going to need those videos to watch after all the (family) celebrations are over. Fingers crossed. :)

skatingguy

decently
Excited to see the 2022 World Jrs. rescheduled. Now, hoping big time that the ISU YouTube channel will stream it and keep videos of the events up on the site for awhile. I was just marking the dates in my calendar and see that April 14th is my son & daughter-in-law's anniversary (I promised to babysit so they can go out and celebrate). Then, April 15-17th is Easter weekend which means I'll be prerparing a big dinner for the family. So ... I'm going to need those videos to watch after all the (family) celebrations are over. Fingers crossed. :)
The 2020 World Junior Championships are still available, so I'm sure the videos for this year's event will be around for awhile.

Sally1214

The 2020 World Junior Championships are still available, so I'm sure the videos for this year's event will be around for awhile.
Oh, thanks for that. I feel better about it now. I'll miss not being here to chat during live streaming with all of you for parts of it because I really enjoy doing that. But, I'll be able to see "some" of it live. I'll take it! As the song says, "You Can't Always Get What You Want." But .. the secret is to make the very best of what you DO have. :)

Sylvia

TBD
Entries announced so far by federations:

Machine translated excerpt:
"… Arm explained. "Our team of [Estonian] athletes is strong, we have two young men Mikhail Selevko and Arlet Levandi, girls Niina Petrõkina and dance couple Tatiana Bunina - Ivan Kuznetsov."
Team USA
Ilia Malinin (S2), Liam Kapeikis (S7), Lucas Broussard;
Isabeau Levito (S3), Lindsay Thorngren (S5), Clare Seo (J1);
Anastasiia Smirnova/Danil (Danylo) Siianytsia, Isabelle Martins/Ryan Bedard (J2);
Katarina Wolfkostin/Jeffrey Chen (S6), Oona Brown/Gage Brown, Angela Ling/Caleb Wein (J2).

Team Canada
Wesley Chiu (S3), Stephen Gogolev;
Lia Pereira (S10), Justine Miclette (J1);
Brooke McIntosh/Benjamin Mimar (J1), Chloe Panetta/Kieran Thrasher (J4);
Natalie D’Alessandro/Bruce Waddell (J1), Nadiia Bashynska/Peter Beaumont (J2).

Team Japan
Kao Miura (J1/S4), Shun Sato (S7), Tatsuya Tsuboi (J2/S9);
Rinka Watanabe (S6), Rion Sumiyoshi (J2/S8);
Nao Kida/Masaya Morita (J1) - in ice dance.

Team South Korea
Jia SHIN (S4), Seoyeong WI (S5), Ahsun YUN (S6);
Younghyun CHA (S3);
Hannah LIM/Ye QUAN (J1).

ETA:

Team France as of (March 5): https://www.instagram.com/p/CauefOzI7j7/

Corentin SPINAR (J1), François PITOT (J2);
Lorine SCHILD (J2);
Oxana VOUILLAMOZ / Flavien GINIAUX (J1);
Célina FRADJI / Jean-Hans FOURNEAUX (J1)
Eva BERNARD / Tom JOCHUM (J2).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks @Belsornia! Ed Appleby and Elena Komova also are scheduled to represent GBR at the European Youth Olympic Festival (EYOF) junior singles competition in Finland later this month - link to the competition thread in Kiss & Cry: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...festival-march-23-24-vuokatti-finland.109527/

ETA that the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) has appealed to CAS re. their exclusion from EYOF - info is linked in the Other Sports thread here:

Last edited:

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Dumb question can Malinin compete at Jr Worlds if he is competing at Sr Worlds this week?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Dumb question can Malinin compete at Jr Worlds if he is competing at Sr Worlds this week?
Yes. He has the Jr TES mins and is age-eligible. Same with Safina/Berulava. ;)

ETA - and Niina Petrokina, Aleksandr Vlasenko, & Adam Hagara too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information