From Russia With Love (No 32): Spring to Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rina RUS

The idea you expressed was "don't get excited about younger girls because a lot can happen as they grow older" which comes with usual list of issues. you gave examples of Gubanova and Nugumanova. my point was that in their case the down-spin was not because of "those typical issues" (puberty, weight, growing, injuries, any physical/mind issues) but because they had "coach issues" and made "miscalculations"

That's the point. Nobody knows what can happen. Such mistakes are possible too. Nobody knows what would be a mistake, what would be the right way. Nobody knows what these girls would have done, if they stayed with those coaches.

Yet it's OK to be excited. Why not? :)

Rina RUS

He could still have competed in the singles event if Plushenko had withdrawn in time.
Yes. I don't understand why he got injured seriously so late? :D
(Before the individual short program on training he landed in 4-3-3 combination. Elvis Stojko, Evan Lysacek reported about it...)
And you don't forget Kovtun was sent to WCH in 2013 instead of Menshov. He was 16th thus Russia had one spot to Sochi.
This story is more complex....

This story is more complex indeed.
As far as I can see, Evgeni was telling the federation had been trying to phone skaters to replace him. He was saying those skaters hadn't answered. Evgeni was blaming the first skater to replace him:
"the first skater to replace me will have to live with this on his guilt, it is no concern of mine. I had skated in the team event, had written I couldn't skate anymore, but there was nobody to replace me, so I had to skate instead of them".
(Yagudin had to answer he phoned Kovtun and Peter Tchernyshev to ask about that, Kovtun said they had been sitting by the phone all night long, Tchernyshev said: "How they managed not to find us? We work at CSKA all day, all night".)

Last edited:

WillyElliot

Tanning one day, then wearing a winter coat today.
Is Tutberidze going to take on everyone? I can’t see how she is going to fit them all in.

So Eteri has these contenders for 2022 Olympics: Valieva, Maia, Usacheva, Kanysheva, Shcher, Trusova, Kostornaia and Zagitova. Yeah, I don't see how these skaters would even want to be in such a group. All your rivals are on the same ice as you. I'd avoid that.

hanca

Values her privacy
So Eteri has these contenders for 2022 Olympics: Valieva, Maia, Usacheva, Kanysheva, Shcher, Trusova, Kostornaia and Zagitova. Yeah, I don't see how these skaters would even want to be in such a group. All your rivals are on the same ice as you. I'd avoid that.
You forgot the newest addition Chistyakova. So nine of them. Saying that, I don’t think that by next Olympics Zagitova will be with Tutberidze.

Tinami Amori

:D old wise Soun Tzu said "Keep your friends close and your opponents closer".
Also, Zagitova may turn "pro" before Olympics, and Kostornaya may chose to go to medical school (she now repeated it a few times, so it is not a childish desire).

hanca

Values her privacy
:D old wise Soun Tzu said "Keep your friends close and your opponents closer".
Also, Zagitova may turn "pro" before Olympics, and Kostornaya may chose to go to medical school (she now repeated it a few times, so it is not a childish desire).
Kostornaya could postpone her uni. It would be only for a year if I am counting right.

Actually, if I am correct, her last school year at high school/secondary school or whatever you have in Russia should be the one with Olympics, so she would go to uni the following year and not miss anything.

Tinami Amori

Kostornaya could postpone her uni. It would be only for a year if I am counting right.

Actually, if I am correct, her last school year at high school/secondary school or whatever you have in Russia should be the one with Olympics, so she would go to uni the following year and not miss anything.
That's what i was thinking, that after Olys 2022 she'll go to school. Given her family's back ground, i can't imagine she would remain an athlete and not get a university education, but nothing is certain..

lala

This story is more complex indeed.
As far as I can see, Evgeni was telling the federation had been trying to phone skaters to replace him. He was saying those skaters hadn't answered. Evgeni was blaming the first skater to replace him:
"the first skater to replace me will have to live with this on his guilt, it is no concern of mine. I had skated in the team event, had written I couldn't skate anymore, but there was nobody to replace me, so I had to skate instead of them".
(Yagudin had to answer he phoned Kovtun and Peter Tchernyshev to ask about that, Kovtun said they had been sitting by the phone all night long, Tchernyshev said: "How they managed not to find us? We work at CSKA all day, all night".)

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...nfinity-and-beyond.92211/page-27#post-5555846

WillyElliot

Tanning one day, then wearing a winter coat today.

Tinami Amori

Was that in Stockholm, perchance?
nope... and not in Salo either..:smokin:

It was during the time when Goncharenko was changing situations, was invited to teach at Plushenko's Academy, she agreed but said that if she comes, Kovtun comes with her. Plushenko agreed and decided it is best to make friends. Both parties said it worked out, and all is well.

Marco

lala

Wonderful! Wish Plushenko would teach Kovtun more of his great jumping form. Some of Kovtun's jumps could use some work.

Plushenko brought back the 3A to Kovtun. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs-PzVMBfeK/ He almost would have been Kovtun's coach. Kovtun's reason why he chose Buyanova: Plush is on shows many times, he has no well-sized rink, there are too many children on it.
But they are in peace Kovtun can call him anytime.

Japanfan

:) Maybe it is funny, but I'm not sure Yagudin meant himself, even though he said "we collected beer cans". It's OK if Yagudin did it too, but it seems it is Plushenko who usually tells about looking for empty bottles on streets together with his mom (to sell them to recycling centres). Yagudin usually tells he had no vacant hours: if Yagudin wasn't at school or at training, his mom made him jump at an outdoor rink, at nights she made him do his homework (not in evenings - later - maybe "mornings" is the right word in English).

Yagudin mentioned Plushenko indeed in this post:
"Oh boy!!! How awful!!! We were offered neither salaries nor training camps, nothing!!! Somehow we are still alive and well?!?!? @tatianatotmyanina shared one pair of shoes with her mom, they slept in the building of a factory in Perm, putting a few chairs together to make a bed! @plushenkoofficial and @marininmax came from Volgograd and had nothing to eat! We collected beer cans! Now they say 30000 are not enough....... #sport #victory #contemporarylife P.S. One should work - and the fruition will come, including money!!!!!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvCiP-lnqKm/

This is most certainly a bit of an exaggeration.

For two people to share a pair of shoes, one possibility is for each to wear one shoe. But that's ridiculous. Or for one to wear the shoes and the other to go barefoot - only possible in warm weather in certain landscapes.

In the grip of a cold, snowy person only one person - the one wearing the shoes - could go outside at any one time.

And, sleeping on the floor would be more comfortable than sleeping on chairs put together.

aemeraldrainc

So Tuk responded to a comment made by Pogo .....
(can’t translate Pogo’s comment right now, can any Russian speaker please help?)

https://twitter.com/tuktikliza/status/1108277732356640768?s=21

Tuk’s tweet translated:
“Anya, you have been paying too much attention to me lately. Although I have no problems with attention. Are you worried about my future children? First of all, I will teach them to respect their elders, their coach and the work of other athletes, and not to look for excuses for their failures with other people.”

What did Pogo say??

Tinami Amori

So Tuk responded to a comment made by Pogo .....
(can’t translate Pogo’s comment right now, can any Russian speaker please help?)
https://twitter.com/tuktikliza/status/1108277732356640768?s=21
Tuk’s tweet translated:
“Anya, you have been paying too much attention to me lately. Although I have no problems with attention. Are you worried about my future children? First of all, I will teach them to respect their elders, their coach and the work of other athletes, and not to look for excuses for their failures with other people.”
What did Pogo say??
From little snippets I can see on Twitter with the aid of Google Translate, sounds like Anna criticized Liza for "undressing on ice."
Pogo said it is indecent, and she couldn't do that, because she respects herself. Meow.

Darn, i was hopping this "issue" waits until after the Worlds... :lol:

This article is a snip from the original and only about the "Pogo/Tuk" issue.
https://www.championat.com/other/ne...smogla-razdetsja-na-ldu-kak-tuktamysheva.html

This is the original, longer article, where the conversation started. But pls note, in this longer version, Pogorilaya also states that she would "rather see Medvedeva at the worlds"... (and i am sure Tuk loved that...) :slinkaway
http://www.aif.ru/sport/person/anna_pogorilaya_razdetsya_na_ldu_kak_tuktamysheva_ya_by_ne_smogla

Pogorilaya said:
«Не разделяю этих восторгов. Считаете, раздеваться на льду или в другом общественном месте прилично? Я бы так точно не смогла. Я себя уважаю как девушка, женщина. Мне было бы некомфортно, когда в будущем мой ребёнок посмотрит на такие выступления и спросит: «Мам, это что?» Впрочем, Лиза отдаёт себе отчёт в том, что делает. Раз публика довольна, почему нет? Степень откровенности у каждого своя. Уверена, зрителям нравится не только номер с раздеванием, но и её катание в целом»,

"I do not share these excitements (over her striptease). Does anyone really thinks that to strip in the ice arena or in any other public place is decent? I would never do this. I respect myself, as a young lady and a female. I would feel uncomfortable, if in some future my child would see such a performance and asks "Mother is that you?". Although, Liza is aware of what she is doing. Since the public is thrilled, then why not? Everyone has their own level of modesty. I am quite sure that besides her stripping, the public also likes her skating in general."

Tuk replied:
https://www.fontanka.ru/2019/03/20/081/

«Аня, ты слишком много внимания уделяешь мне в последнее время. Хотя со вниманием у меня проблем нет. Ты беспокоишься о моих будущих детях? Прежде всего я научу их уважать старших, своего тренера и труд других спортсменов, а не искать оправданий в своих неудачах у других людей», – написала Туктамышева.

"Anya, you give me too much attention lately. Although i am not in shortage of attention (have no problems with attention). You're worried about my future children? First of all, i will teach them to respect the Elders, their Coaches, and efforts of other athletes, instead of seeking excuses for your own failures by blaming other people (through other people)".

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Are the Twitter rumors about Kovtun retiring true?
Sounds like it. A professional from the rink CSKA posted this.
Leonid 40 "Ковтун, похоже, закончил с ФК." - "Kovtun, looks like, is finished with (quitting) FS".

But it is not official, or even unofficially confirmed.
Kovtun also posted on social media a foto, which many find at best "strange"... "throwing himself on God's mercy".
https://vk.com/makspalych?z=photo78614933_456240575/album78614933_00/rev

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information