From Russia With Love (No 32): Spring to Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

annie_mg

Could she just be having an attack of Osgood-Schlatters? That involves the ligament between the patella and tibia. Or shin splints? I had a terrible case and could barely walk for over a week. Glad Alena is enjoying the competition so she doesn't focus on Jr.Worlds.

Had that too, cried because of the pain for a couple of days. There was nothing I could do. Same age as her more or less. Whatever it is, I hope she's well, they better put her in bubble wrap cause the skating world needs to see her in seniors next year!

Tinami Amori

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190310/1551665168.html

Danny G said that Kostornaya has an inflammation in her foot. There's not a surgical option, the only treatment is rest (she will be off the ice for 4 weeks).

""У нее в том месте на ноге, где заканчивается ботинок, возникло воспаление."

To be a little more specific (based on the article's text), her inflammation is at the end of the boot's end/edge, where edge rubs against the skin. It sounds like a bad blister/skin irritation, or a shin splint...

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

Just watched both Trusova and Shcherbakova. I don’t Uber either one of them, but I find it a very interesting rivalry. I was amazed that Trusova really went for three quads - give her the third spot for Russian men tbh! However, I’m partial to Shcherbakova because she reminds me so much of Lipnitskaya and I’m sentimental. Great fight from both of them - will be interesting to see them in seniors.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story

Dobre

Thank you. Can you do the same without removing the "non-officially retired teams" from the list? That would give us a better idea of who may actually be guaranteed a spot via World Standings.

Just for clarification, Popova & Mozgov will not be guaranteed a spot on the SB list this season; but they or Khudaberdieva & Nazarov or Shevchenko & Eremenko might be invited based on how close their scores are to the top 24. (I'm not yet clear that S&E will be guaranteed one via WS).

RoseRed

Thank you. Can you do the same without removing the "non-officially retired teams" from the list? That would give us a better idea of who may actually be guaranteed a spot via World Standings.

Just for clarification, Popova & Mozgov will not be guaranteed a spot on the SB list this season; but they or Khudaberdieva & Nazarov or Shevchenko & Eremenko might be invited based on how close their scores are to the top 24. (I'm not yet clear that S&E will be guaranteed one via WS).
My list that I've been keeping has Virtue/Moir 20th. The next 'non-officially retired' team would be Bobrova/Soloviev and I have them 27th.

That bumps S/E to 23rd on the WS list, but they could be bumped after Worlds. They might hang on though (if my calculations are right). Komatsubara/Koleto are right behind, but I think they would need to be top 12 at Worlds to get more points than they got at 4CCs, which I don't expect. Then the next several teams on my list are likely done getting points this season, until we get to Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen. And I think FB/S would need a top 4-5 placement to have enough points to pass S/E.

So I think S/E will very likely be top 24 WS in the end.

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

Kolyada’s new Charlie Chaplin exhibition is just :love: (he took part in the Moskvina/Mishin show today).

Now all he has to do is to place in top-5 at Worlds to make the gala :lol:

Have some faith!

(We will see it next season when he places top-5 at a Grand Prix :lol:)

Tinami Amori

A small benefit to Tuktamysheva not making the Worlds team is that she's much more active on social media again:
https://twitter.com/TuktikLiza/status/1105131638030249990
:rofl:
She also started a personal "meme" contest, inviting people to make funny/comical pictures with her in them. She called it "roast me contest" and this picture is one of the fotos that she liked.

She posted (something really cool): "Обожаю посмеяться над собой, без самоиронии никуда". "I love to joke about my own self, you can't get by without some self-irony".

For some odd reason, she removed that page now (probably some not so good pictures were placed there).
But few good ones were saved (which she liked).

https://s5o.ru/storage/dumpster/f/23/ff7f73394cc0f91903bbcc86dd556.JPG
https://s5o.ru/storage/dumpster/1/47/9ac13acff12353aa574a29c3893eb.jpg
https://s5o.ru/storage/dumpster/b/6a/d420cdc71a6c5d2654b8f6d5f4ecc.jpg

She did post this, however, and some even "western people" are suggesting she should take it a notch down, telling her she went too far..
https://twitter.com/TuktikLiza/status/1057270705782509568?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1057270705782509568&ref_url=http://www.spletnik.ru/buzz/86737-zvezda-na-ldu-i-v-tvittere-chto-my-znaem-pro-elizavetu-tuktamyshevu.html

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story

There was only 1 retired team, V/M who would be in the top 25, and yes, it is probably worth including them, as they probably won't be removed.

1 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA
2 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA
3 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS
4 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA
5 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN
6 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA
7 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS
8 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN
9 Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV POL
10 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIUCHN
11 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA
12 Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO RUS
13 Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ ESP
14 Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER USA
15 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA
16 Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS USA
17 Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN ESP
18 Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO USA
19 Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS CAN
20 Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir CAN
21 Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON GBR
22 Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA CAN
23 Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO RUS
24 Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO JPN
25 Arina USHAKOVA / Maxim NEKRASOV RUS
----
26 Darya POPOVA / Volodymyr BYELIKOV UKR

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
They've never removed the retired, split, non-Senior eligible, etc.teams at the end of the season from the Top 24 SB list in the past for the purposes of determining GP spots. Are they making a change for next season?

My understanding is that they don't remove retired and split teams from the WS list, unless the Fed notifies the ISU to.

At the moment, there are only two events left that qualify for the SB list: Worlds and WTT, which tends to inflate scores. The cut-off in Dance right now is Soucisse/Firus' 172.27. The next skaters on the list scheduled for Worlds are:
Wang/Liu (169.11), Turkkila/Versluis (168.34), Koch/Nuechtern (165.31), Reed/Ambrulevicius (164.11), Tessari/Fioretti (162.94), Yanovskaya/Lukacs (158.11).

Barring disaster, I expect Wang/Liu to bump S/F from SB 24. They are CHN #1, and they have politik none of the other do. (Although I haven't looked at the judges list, 8+ points in ID is a huge gap.) Ushakova/Nekrasov might be vulnerable to Wang/Liu getting the CHN major Fed boost and Turkkila/Versluis skating the lights out, with new respect for their SB high skates at Euros. Evdokimova/Bazin should be safe as #22 with SB of 175.62.

Current S/B list:
http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/sb2018-19/sbtsdto.htm

Tinami Amori

There is a heated discussion taking place on some Russian chats/forums that Kanysheva left Panova, and info that she is joining Tutberidze's group. (I am only conveying what is taking place on chats, not confirming if it is true or not.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information