Oh, I see. Correction: hopefully they can get her released so they can skate together!Russia would need to release her rather than Czech Republic releasing him. I don’t think they would want to skate for Russia, considering that Russian pairs are getting quite crowded and Czechia doesn’t have anyone except of Bidar. (Duskova has not competed with her new partner and I am wondering whether this partnership will go anywhere.)
Flade's article last week mentioned Bidar was trying out with a new partner at the ISU Pairs camp in Novogorsk: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/pairs-discussion-thread-2019-20-“two-skating-as-one”.105581/#post-5582757There are speculations on the Russian forum about Liza Zhuk skating with the Czech pair skater Bidar. They have been seen skating together at a show in Novogorsk. Photos were posted on the forum.
Duskova had major knee surgery last year and is still working on getting her jumps back (she landed a sbs 2A with her new partner in practice around a month ago).Russia would need to release her rather than Czech Republic releasing him. I don’t think they would want to skate for Russia, considering that Russian pairs are getting quite crowded and Czechia doesn’t have anyone except of Bidar. (Duskova has not competed with her new partner and I am wondering whether this partnership will go anywhere.)
Even if it is, i read it is hard to control Kostornaya if she wants to do something. She was doing jumps when coaches were not looking during the time when she was only allowed to skate without jumps and spins. Now she is playing tennis while on vacation, and it can be rough on the ankle at times... (she wants to do everything here and now... not that i blame her.. )Wasn't it a stress fracture? That's serious enough.
yes, but only "as needed" and/or for specific purpose or progamme. Zagitova's foto on points is from few years back, and appeared only when she was training for Black Swan SP for the 2017/2018 season.The girls at the Eteri camp have done pointe for years now to my knowledge
That's the one who Nina Mozer said a while ago to be her "new surprise team, who will be trained by Klimov" (with Miroshkin).There are speculations on the Russian forum about Liza Zhuk skating with the Czech pair skater Bidar. They have been seen skating together at a show in Novogorsk. Photos were posted on the forum..
Tatiana Flade was recently in Moscow, visiting several major FS clubs. Here is Panova's group foto from her IG.Looks like juniors will be owned by Tutberidze's girls again with both Valieva and Kanysheva and who knows how the newbies will do. I do hope Panova has some good girls to put forth because I dearly love her in the KnC since we're bereft of Tsareva.
I don´t think anyone has a problem with them doing ballet per se, the problem is that they are wearing pointe shoes. If you are not properly trained, it is as a dumb idea as wearing stilettos for playing soccer - your legs will looks better, your feet smaller, but you will have bloody toes, blisters and high chance of ankle injury.Even if it is, i read it is hard to control Kostornaya if she wants to do something. She was doing jumps when coaches were not looking during the time when she was only allowed to skate without jumps and spins. Now she is playing tennis while on vacation, and it can be rough on the ankle at times... (she wants to do everything here and now... not that i blame her.. )
Yes, and the intense pressure is making 11 year old land 3A and 4T. I still can’t figure out what my view is on that. On one side I really enjoy watching the quads and I am glad that even ladies discipline is moving forward, because far too many ladies can skate clean programs with maximum number of triples, and I don’t want the singles become like ice dance - everything depends on subjective marking of GOE and PCS. On the other hand, I am wondering what damage they are doing to their bodies.Given the cut-throat nature of that group where a skater is only as good as their last jump, I'm in no way surprised that a very young skater feels an intense internal pressure to push themselves.
They are being properly trained, their teacher at the rink is Mrs. Shalashova, former soloist at Bolshoi. You think Eteri would allow them the risk of injuries in a ballet class?I don´t think anyone has a problem with them doing ballet per se, the problem is that they are wearing pointe shoes. If you are not properly trained....
Well, recently in an interview she said that she may not want to be a neurosurgeon..I am just surprised by Alena´s behavior. For someone who wants to be a neurosurgeon, her behavior is very short-sided. I guess she probably wants to be a doctor as Shoma Uno back then during his junior years.
Not surprised. I imagine the Japanese Figure Skating Federation (or whichever entity it was) scoured the country for the finest Akita puppy they could find to give Alina.Masaru Zagitova wins Gold/1st prize at Moscow International Akita Inu dog show.
(nobody knew during show which one is Zagitova's dog, they were all numbered... )
They were also singing some songs (mostly Russian) and there were some more fluffy questions1. Why don't you have the driving licence?
- I am afraid of driving.
2. Best thing which happened to you in 2019 (so far)?
- New Year Eve! Because I love it and I was at home in Moscow, and I even was shown on TV two times during New Year night!
4. The best thing humanity has ever created?
- May be it's wrong thing to say this, but IPhone
5. If you weren't Evgenia, what other name would you prefer?
- Alisa (=Alice). There were two name options when I was born - Alisa and Evgenia.
10. If not Russia, where would you like to live?
- In Russia...I live in Canada now, but I'll return back home after retirement .
15. Last movie which made you cry?
- "A Star is Born" . The last scene where she is singing. We went to cinema with the boys and they were sitting like this, biting their hands in order not to cry, and I was crying a river.
16. Describe your life in Canada in three words?
- Calm, Boring, Productive... Boring because I usually finish my training around 4pm and then come home. And I have nothing to do... But now thanks God I found a hobby - cooking. I don't eat meat and products made of milk, so now I have to cook my food to eat well. Now I eat only fish and some seafood.
17. What do Canadians know about Russia?
- They know we have good vodka.
Then Maxim Kovtun made a guest appearance and also asked her some questions:
19. 3 things which are better in Canada than in Russia?
- Cricket Club, happy smiling people and... food.
20. Olympic gold or eternal youth?
- Olympic Gold. I don't want to be forever young.
29. Explain to us, why Figure skating fans are sometimes harder than football (soccer) fans?
- In last 2 years the popularity of Figure skating in Russia has grown a lot. I don't know what is wrong with some of those people, but some of them are crazy. For each hundred normal people there are maybe like one or two crazy ones, but they would write a lot of comments on social media, so it would seem like they are many of them.
30. Describe Alina Zagitova in one word?
- Hard worker. We trained together before Olympics and this girl works really hard!
31. And Liza Tuktamysheva in one word?
- Funny. She is really funny! And she doesn't worry over nothing. I'm learning this from her.
34. What annoys you in people?
- A lot of things! Sometimes people annoy me in general [laughs].
More seriously, probably - laziness.
Be a leader or to follow?
- Be a leader.
Write to the guy you like first or wait till he does?
- Its probably terrible, but I always write first. I'm not afraid to write first.
45. Your source of power?
- Faith. Faith in something, in goodness, faith in myself and in my close people.
47. What disturbs you to sleep at night?
48. Last philosophic question you have thought about?
What happens to a planet when it gets into a black hole? I know I can read it on the Internet, but it's not interesting to do it, so I like to think.
Yes, there were rumors that they are not getting alone. Now it is official because Khubardieva posted a "farewell letter" on her IG, but then deleted it, since it was considered "too emotional and personal". But people saved it...Khubardieva/Nazarov have split up.
Their teacher being a former soloist at Boshoi means nothing in terms of their safety. Bolshoi ballet students have been screened and tested to death before they start at the academy, their bodies are supposed to have all it takes to become a ballet dancer, and even they can end up with serious injuries. A very ambitious ex-dancer can certainly push Eteri's students to their limits without even realising it.They are being properly trained, their teacher at the rink is Mrs. Shalashova, former soloist at Bolshoi. You think Eteri would allow them the risk of injuries in a ballet class?
Q: In one interview you've mentioned that you're learning 4T, and before that you put out a video, where you're jumping a 3A. Tell us about this video and what's going on with the 3A?
A: It was when my mother and i were on vacation, there (at the hotel) they had a large sports-gym, so (i thought) why not try it, so when i come back to the rink, i've already trained myself, so it is easier.
"We allowed her to start training/skating (after the injury healed) but without jumping. She held off for 1-2 sessions (without jumps) and then when nobody was looking, she started to jump. Her mother was watching her (at the time) and she started to shake her fists at her, making her stop. We had to stop her, because the doctors had given their instructions. We try to be careful".
THis is kinda dumb behavior. I know she probably feels pressured about QUADZ! but... was that training of off ice quad before the injury or recently? Either way, it feels like should could hurt herself and her career. I know teenagers often lack self-preservation instinct, but... she is not just normal girl doing silly things in the park... quads are risky. Some of the Trusova and Sherbakova splats look horrible... and we don't get to see their unsuccessful jumps in the training. Doing that without proper instruction or with injuries.... I do not like that.
The kids are happy, the parents are happy, the Federation is happy, the fans are happy..... only you're and few jealous ones who are reading selective propaganda are unhappy... well don't let the bile eat away your intestines..But her many years is coaching would make her be aware. I’m surprised by the posters defending her doesn’t matter what she does. Very scary. I feel for those kids. And shame on the parents
...well, the media got the wind of her methods (and results) long time ago.... and the lines into her group are only getting longer ..It's called the Russian hunger games. These girls are desperate not to be dropped. The fact of the matter is the Russian Fed happily accepts her methods so long as the media doesn't get wind of the hidden costs to her charges.