From Russia with Love [#33]: Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Values her privacy
I must have missed something, but what is the point of the costume change? It has become quite a popular trick and mostly I find it annoying. The only program in which it was "justified" was Laurine's Grease program.
Cher's move is awesome, but i don't see the purpose it serves.
What’s the point of costume change? That’s a weird question! Maybe to make it more interesting, more fun to watch? What’s the point of skating generally, if you want to start asking deep questions...

wickedwitch

With regards to Medvedeva and her three (f)lutzes, I wonder to what extent she attributes the Oly silver to the lack of a real lutz. I know that would make me extra determined to land three clean lutzes in a competition.

Finsta

I don’t know. I mean, didn’t she basically tie LP with Zagitova- even with Zagitova backloading her programme and getting bonus points for that? Was Medvedeva deducted for lutz?

kris2ffer

I must have missed something, but what is the point of the costume change? It has become quite a popular trick and mostly I find it annoying. The only program in which it was "justified" was Laurine's Grease program.
Cher's move is awesome, but i don't see the purpose it serves.

in the past 4 years aside from Anna, Laurine and Zagitova(although very subtle) who are the other skaters who have done costume change to make this as a popular trick?

RoseRed

in the past 4 years aside from Anna, Laurine and Zagitova(although very subtle) who are the other skaters who have done costume change to make this as a popular trick?
Bashynska/Beaumont had a great one last season for their Cinderella FD.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

I loved the costume changes by Anna and Laurine. Those were major changes, totally unexpected, and well done.

wickedwitch

I don’t know. I mean, didn’t she basically tie LP with Zagitova- even with Zagitova backloading her programme and getting bonus points for that? Was Medvedeva deducted for lutz?
She didn't do one in the SP where she lost by several points.

D

Deleted member 40371

Zagitova made a mistake by missing the combination, which she later added to another jump. So her GOE for the jump got affected. Zagitova too didn't maximise her LP score during the Olympics.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Zabiako and Enbert had a subtle costume change couple years ago in her LP that was about Sleeping beauty(I think)

Finsta

She didn't do one in the SP where she lost by several points.

Maybe that’s part of why she split with coach. No one will ever know for sure. But rumors were she wanted to do jumps, but Eteri said no, so she stuck to the plan. Who knows. She was injured still though.

aliona22

Pechalat/Bourzat had that organ donor FD with the stretchy sleeves in 2007/08 season. Delobel/Schoenfelder did a surprise reveal of Isabelle's sparkly top in their 2010 FD (performed at Olympics only).

hanca

Values her privacy
Pechalat/Bourzat had that organ donor FD with the stretchy sleeves in 2007/08 season. Delobel/Schoenfelder did a surprise reveal of Isabelle's sparkly top in their 2010 FD (performed at Olympics only).
But those were quite minor changes, not whole costume change.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Boikova / Kozlovskii cant make mistakes this season, they are in big trouble

Mishina / Gallaimov are breathing down their neck

Seerek

Ignatov currently with no Grand Prix events (1 Challenger as of now) did better in the Test Skate than several of the other men with GP events. Perhaps a substitution is still possible?

oleada

Ignatov currently with no Grand Prix events (1 Challenger as of now) did better in the Test Skate than several of the other men with GP events. Perhaps a substitution is still possible?
Again, federations don’t determine GP invites aside from their own host slots. RusFed can’t withdraw Lazukin, for example from CoC and send Ignatov instead. That spot would go to one of the eligible skaters on the World standing/SB list and that skater may or may not be Russian.

zebraswan

Boikova / Kozlovskii cant make mistakes this season, they are in big trouble

Mishina / Gallaimov are breathing down their neck

No, they aren't (to both statements). You are out of your mind. I like M/G a lot but they have a long way to go before they looked like a polished senior team and developing a reputation. B/K already have GP and Euro medals.

RoseRed

No, they aren't (to both statements). You are out of your mind. I like M/G a lot but they have a long way to go before they looked like a polished senior team and developing a reputation. B/K already have GP and Euro medals.
I don't agree with the posted you're responding to, but I do feel the need to point out that they didn't at the start of last season. M/G are coming in in a very similar position to where B/K were last year - actually M/G are coming in as JWC, so I guess a bit better. I don't think it's unreasonable to think M/G could rise up the ranks this season similarly to how B/K did last year.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I don't agree with the posted you're responding to, but I do feel the need to point out that they didn't at the start of last season. M/G are coming in in a very similar position to where B/K were last year - actually M/G are coming in as JWC, so I guess a bit better. I don't think it's unreasonable to think M/G could rise up the ranks this season similarly to how B/K did last year.

also, Mishina/Galliamov are power skaters and are ahead of B/K technically. PCS is mostly reputation base so If they manage to win or medal in both gp (no french) then their ranks will climb up as well.

hanca

Values her privacy
also, Mishina/Galliamov are power skaters and are ahead of B/K technically. PCS is mostly reputation base so If they manage to win or medal in both gp (no french) then their ranks will climb up as well.
I don’t think it is only about the technical mark though. Pavliuschenko/Khodykin managed to beat Boikova/Kozlovski at the junior worlds, then both pairs moved to the seniors at the same time and B/K has been doing better than P/K in seniors, even though P/K has harder jumps. But B/K has been better at the basic skating, they looked much more as a senior pair than P/K and it was reflected in the marks they have been getting. I don’t think Mishina/Galliamov have the same skating skills as B/K and it is quite possible that skating among seniors, they will look a bit lost (the same way as P/K did the last season). I definitely don’t think that this season M/G will be any threat to B/K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information