From Russia with Love [#31]: Winter to Spring 2019

hanca

Values her privacy
D

Deleted member 40371

I'd imagine these 12 newly banned Russian athletes were regularly tested also!
Many have failed drug test as well, two athletes that are interesting are Ukhov and Shokolina, both are yet to test positive. Some of the cases were athlete are DQed purely on Rodichenko report and no analytic finding. For the record, they can appeal, this decision was taken by a single man/woman panel, but the appeal will have additional judges.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The Russian doping scandal is still playing out :eek:
https://web4.insidethegames.biz/art...mong-russian-athletes-banned-after-cas-ruling

Now Russia has handed over RUSADA's LIMs database to WADA, I expect we will be seeing a lot more CAS cases before they finish analysing it in June. :yikes:Let's hope skaters are not involved .....

I did not seen names of any skaters in the list published in this article. Let us hope there won’t be any in the future. Figure skaters are the least likely to benefit from doping. I think they are all being extra careful after what happened prior to the 2018
Olympics.

I assume some of the banned athletes can appeal.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Figure skaters are least likely to benefit from doping.

Apart from recovering more quickly from injury, I really cannot see any benefit for skaters from doping.
I think it is a waste of time testing skaters, as it really is not a doping sport.

RoseRed

zoe111

Mad for Skating

Let's hope he has got his splatting out of the way, and goes back to playing safe at Worlds, as Russia needs to get it's 3 spots back!

I love your optimism! Hopefully we don’t get a rerun of “Jack fell down and broke his crown, and Jill came tumbling after!”

The Russian doping scandal is still playing out :eek:
https://web4.insidethegames.biz/art...mong-russian-athletes-banned-after-cas-ruling

Now Russia has handed over RUSADA's LIMs database to WADA, I expect we will be seeing a lot more CAS cases before they finish analysing it in June. :yikes:Let's hope skaters are not involved .....

Honestly I’m scared. Didn’t we already survive this nightmare last year?

I assume some of the banned athletes can appeal.

They said that to Stolbova and Bukin, and you know how that ended 😢

Ka3sha

Tamara Moskvina: I never scold anyone in the K&C

- In the mixed zone after the free program, your students [Boikova/Kozlovsky] noted that you have already won so many World and Olympic medals with your students , that this bronze medal has hardly evoked any strong emotions in you. Is it true?

- Each new generation is like a new book. And each page in the new book is as significant as in the very first one. And for a new couple this is a very significant result, especially in the first year of new Olympic cycle.

- In the free program Dmitrii had a mistake on the jump combination and was very upset about it, as he understood that this mistake could cost them a medal. Did you manage to think that your team would not medal and scold them?

- I never scold anyone in the K&C. We analyze performances, highlight positive and negative things about them and set tasks for next events only after the competition has come to an end. Also, the final result of any event is determined only after the last skater has skated. Three other couples were still to skate after Alexandra and Dmitrii, and in sports the final result depends on a fraction of a second , and here it depended on 0,01 of points

- If there was a contest for the most charming team, your students would have definitely taken that title, as you not only want to look on them on the ice but also to listen to them after that..

- It’s nice that they were able to develop such personalities thanks to their schools and families. Due to this, our work with them is intellectual and successful. Athletes should have broad outlook, it helps. The most charming team? There were a lot of participants at Europeans, so a survey should be conducted to draw the final conclusion (smiles). The guys looked good in Minsk, the way we teach them: so that they make a pleasant impression on public. How did we set them up before the event? You can find everything in psychology textbook. This is the skill of the coach - to get your students mentally ready for the start. Dima made a mistake on a simple (for him) element, and it means that we could have done more. Mine impressions after Europeans? After watching performances in all disciplines, I have written several pages, noting all original lifts, step sequences and transitions.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Tamara Moskvina: I never scold anyone in the K&C

- In the mixed zone after the free program, your students [Boikova/Kozlovsky] noted that you have already won so many World and Olympic medals with your students , that this bronze medal has hardly evoked strong emotions in you. Is it true?

- Each new generation is like a new book. And each page in the new book is as significant as in the very first one. And for the new couple this is a very significant result, especially in the first year of new Olympic cycle.

- In the free program Dmitri had a mistake on the jump combination and was very upset, as he understood that this mistake could cost them a medal. Did you manage to think that your team would not medal and scold them?

- I never scold anyone in the K&C. We analyze performances, highlight positive and negative things about them and set tasks for next events only after the competition has come to an end. Also, the final result of any start is determined only after the last skater has skated. Three other couples were still to skate after Alexandra and Dmitrii, and in sports the final result depends on a fraction of a second , and here it depended on 0,01 of points

- If there was a contest for the most charming team, your students would have definitely taken that title, as they not only want to look at the ice, but you not only want to look on them on the ice but also to listen to them after thag..

- It’s nice that they were able to develop such personalities thanks to their schools and families. Due to this, our work with them is intellectual and successful. Athletes should have broad outlook, it helps. The most charming team? There were a lot of participants at Europeans, so a survey should be conducted to draw the final conclusion (smiles). The guys looked good in Minsk, the way we teach them: so that they make a pleasant impression on public. How did we set them up before the event? You can find everything in psychology textbook. This is the skill of the coach - to get your students phychologically ready for the start. Dima made a mistake on a simple (for him) element, and it means that we could have done more. Mine impressions after Europeans? After watching performances in all disciplines, I have written several pages, noting all original lifts, step sequences and transitions.

I love Moskvina. Other coaches should take lessons in coaching from her. It is not just about technique. She understands her students and puts them in a positive frame of mind, before and after the performance, so they continue to develop.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
That is the cutest thing ever - and amazing. I didn't think it was choreo like Med at all (although her choreography never bothered me that much tbh)

He is adorable! Such attention to detail at such a young age! How old is he? 10? 11? He could compete against the ladies!

Spun Silver

I love Moskvina. Other coaches should take lessons in coaching from her. It is not just about technique. She understands her students and puts them in a positive frame of mind, before and after the performance, so they continue to develop.
That's why she could be so great for T/M right now too. But I understand why that's unlikely to happen.

alexikeguchi

Watch and learn, Alina, watch and learn :lol: LOVE IT

https://twitter.com/whiteligat/status/1091705002819809281

That's fabulous... I think the whole school should take cues from Kostornaia, who seems to have a very clear idea of her abilities and her own goals and plan. She's standing her ground and beating the quad queens (whom I also love but worry about) with GOE and PCS, and I never worry that she will break in half before making it to Seniors. Slay Alenka!

muffinplus

That's fabulous... I think the whole school should take cues from Kostornaia, who seems to have a very clear idea of her abilities and her own goals and plan. She's standing her ground and beating the quad queens (whom I also love but worry about) with GOE and PCS, and I never worry that she will break in half before making it to Seniors. Slay Alenka!

Yasss queen. :lol: I read she was the one who decided she wouldn't jump the 3A any more after taking a few splats on it because her health is more important. (But this may not be accurate information)

Last edited:

starrynight

According to this interview I read with Alexander Volkov (provided by understanding through Google Translate is correct), Trusova's father was very determined from very early on that Trusova would try to jump the quads.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190201/1550226336.html

I think that Kostornaia is a very very special skater who is not just a bag of tricks. She is the one I truly hope makes the transition successfully. She could be the real deal on the seniors scene. Particularly if she remains uninjured, in a good mindset and can grow her artistry. Maybe Eteri is seeing this, because she was being very chummy in the Kiss n Cry with Korstonaia at Russian Juniors after the SP.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Watch and learn, Alina, watch and learn :lol: LOVE IT
https://twitter.com/whiteligat/status/1091705002819809281

Don't under estimate Alina.. it's Alena who is learning what she can get away with ..
- Alina's luggage handler..
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs8VHo3hUbd/

- Alina's driver..
https://vk.com/alina_queen_of_ice?z=video-164963490_456240164/45108a5e2a36e7a0c5/pl_wall_-164963490

Yasss queen. :lol:I read she was the one who decided she wouldn't jump the 3A any more after taking a few splats on it because her health is more important

Not quite so... she wants to learn 3A, she is very driven to beat Trusova's tech content... but the coaching team advised her that while in Juniors, she needs to first work on other things as a main goal, to stay top 3 before moving to seniors. Alina had no choice but to agree, and perhaps presented it as her own decision, which is partially true, since she agreed..

Her 3A is quite good, and she can try it in competition..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caGO6a9m4j0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZ7gfhvKsg

Last edited:

muffinplus

Not quite so... she wants to learn 3A, she is very driven to beat Trusova's tech content... but the coaching team advised her that while in Juniors, she needs to first work on other things as a main goal, to stay top 3 before moving to seniors. Alina had no choice but to agree, and perhaps presented it as her own decision, which is partially true, since she agreed..

Her 3A is quite good, and she can try it in competition..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caGO6a9m4j0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZ7gfhvKsg

This is before her body changed after last summer. She talked about losing the consistency on the jump, although maybe the part about her not wanting to jump it because of her health is just a rumor... I do remember seeing this somewhere

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

This is before her body changed after last summer. She talked about losing the jump
she is not loosing 3A, she is practicing it, others in the sport notice/know it. Kostornaya likes to play with words and create an image, and thinks she is very clever at manipulation. she has big ego, and she is too young to know what's good for her sometimes. people in "russian skating" know she is working on 3A, and predict that in combination with her other skills she will go very far. You need to filter what Kostornya says in public.. she is a show-off, but it does not mean she is not practicing Axel. maybe in her mind she thinks she'll give a big wow to all, with "axel out of the blue"..
https://nevasport.ru/46960-butyrskaya-kostornaya-budet-pervym-nomerom-v-mire-s-trojnym-akselem/

muffinplus

^That's just Butyrskaya's opinion. She hasn't tried it in competition once this year (and maybe no need yet because she is winning with her current content)...

Tinami Amori

^That's just Butyrskaya's opinion. She hasn't tried it in competition once this year (and maybe no need yet because she is winning with her current content)...
It's not a question of trying it in competition, because as you said she is medaling this year sufficiently enough. Alena is the type of person who needs to be centred and filtered, or she'll let her ambitions run away. She has many strength without 3A, and those need to be solidified. Then 3A... she has too much ambition to handle "too much good" at the same time, she'll let it run away, and can lose it all.. All is going well so far.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Kostornaia recently said she's been having more success with the 3A in practice and plans to reintroduce it to her programmes next season. (No link, sorry; some Kostornaia fan account tweeted this info, but I did not look up the source.)

Tinami Amori

Kostornaia recently said she's been having more success with the 3A in practice and plans to reintroduce it to her programmes next season. (No link, sorry; some Kostornaia fan account tweeted this info, but I did not look up the source.)
Not to dwell on what some 15 year+old+something said in public, but she is an exceptional talent... and she is a loud mouth at the same time, with "star ambitions" that need to be channeled. She is practicing 3A's quite well, and some private videos at the rink recorded it. The coaching team is quite right to make her perfect her current strong points, before introducing 3A into the routines. Kostornaya's mentality and type of character is all about "being the star" and "being the best" not just in skating: pretties girl, best dressing locker, cutest dog, fluffiest/longer hair, better clothes, fancier foreign vacations than other girls take on holidays... If she is not channeled, she'll go in all directions, and end up with nothing.. or will make stupid mistakes. She can win with what she has now, and she needs to perfect it... then 3A in competition, as a second stage. Her team seems to know her well, and is channeling her now, for her own good.

Kostornaya is not Alysa Lui, who said "yes i did my 1st 3A, but there is 2nd one.... and when i finished my 2nd one, there are still more jumps to concentrate on". Kostornya will do her 3A and think "yeees! i showed it to Trusova, and if i win, i can take the best locker in the dressing room...".. and then there is no guarantee how the rest of the skate will go. She has too much "wrong ego", and that needs to be handled.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
So let me see if I have this right. Alena's saying she doesn't have the 3A yet is proof of a character flaw. Alena's wanting the 3A is proof of a character flaw. Alena's practicing the 3A is proof of a character flaw. Alena's mentioning it is a character flaw, her not mentioning it is a character flaw, and when she starts putting it in, that will be another character flaw.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything she does or says or thinks that doesn't bug you?

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
she is not loosing 3A, she is practicing it, others in the sport notice/know it. Kostornaya likes to play with words and create an image, and thinks she is very clever at manipulation. she has big ego, and she is too young to know what's good for her sometimes. people in "russian skating" know she is working on 3A, and predict that in combination with her other skills she will go very far. You need to filter what Kostornya says in public.. she is a show-off, but it does not mean she is not practicing Axel. maybe in her mind she thinks she'll give a big wow to all, with "axel out of the blue"..
https://nevasport.ru/46960-butyrskaya-kostornaya-budet-pervym-nomerom-v-mire-s-trojnym-akselem/
You speak like you know her personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information