From Russia with Love [#31]: Winter to Spring 2019

hanca

Values her privacy
Entries haven’t been published yet, unnoficial info says that Kamilla Valieva won’t be there due to injury, but Alexei Erokhov is expected to compete in Perm.

Competition starts on Saturday with Men’s SP
That’s my point. The competition starts in three days and there is serious lack of official information. Only unofficial entries that some fans did based on the Russian cup competition results. Could they at least stop torturing us and confirm who is really competing?

Eisfee

Ohhhh that’s right. Nikita, can you please flop again so my babies Z/G can go?
I guess Nikita will go to Worlds if you like it or not. And I think deservedly. It's time for Russia to earn 3 spots back!! I'm sure S/B and S/K are capable of it. And if Tiff and John are come back strong next season (and Tiffanys knee is hopefully all right) they are for sure in the mix for Worlds 2020!:cheer2:

Ka3sha

Interview with Boikova/Kozlovskii about Europeans, Russian Nationals, social media, hobbies and etc
https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-...vropy-medvedevoy-futbole-foto-video-instagram

Aleksandra admitted that last season was very challenging for them and especially for her, since there were lots of problems with mental and physical health, but they are glad that they could overcome those problems.
For this season their main aim was to be consistent , but they are also working on 3-euler-3 and 3-3 combinations.

As mentioned in their cheer thread, they became the youngest European pairs' medalists in 33 years (at the age of 17 and 19).

Interview with Stanislava Konstantinova: "Wanted to be on the Worlds team, but I don't stand a chance now"
Honestly, I do not think that even if I medalled at Euros, it would helped me it terms of getting the spot at Worlds team. I am sure that if I won a medal with performances and scores like I had at Euros, I would not go to Saitama anyway. You have to skate decently, confidently. And my result is awful. My chances of getting on the World team are close to zero. But I still need to work, as I will be on the alternative list. I did what I did. I didn't show what I am capable of, but nothing depends on me anymore. The federation will decide. I can only train and be in shape by March.
I would like to prove myself to my fans, the audience, to myself. I just want to have great performances at the Universiade. I will be glad to represent Russia at this event, as there also was a selection for this competition. I will try to do everything I can to show decent performances there. For me, this is a matter of honor.
About Chebotareva and their relationship:
Being a strict coach doesn't mean that the coach will scold an adult in front of everyone. I am grateful to Valentina Mikhailovna Chebotareva for the fact that she treats us (Mikhail and Stanislava) as adults. Of course, we always analyze our mistakes, but it happens only between us and is never taken out on display. The fact that she doesn't show negative emotions publicly, doesn't automatically mean that she is a soft coach. There is always an on-going dialogue during practices, but at the same time she keeps me in tight rein. She never gets personal, doesn't insult us. And always finds words to motivate you, not to oppress.

DobrinFan

Entries haven’t been published yet, unnoficial info says that Kamilla Valieva won’t be there due to injury, but Alexei Erokhov is expected to compete in Perm.

Competition starts on Saturday with Men’s SP

Training groups are up so you can say it's official. Only looked at the boys (of course) and Erokhov was added as the 19th competitor, they didn't replace one of the other boys.

https://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1819/junnat1819_training_groups.pdf

hanca

Values her privacy

mjb52

That interview with Boikova & Kozlovski was interesting (i put it through google translate so my understanding of it is probably not 100% perfect but I got the gist of most of it). Lots of us were sort of spoiled this year - we found out about them, started to love them, then a few months later there they were medaling at the European Championships! That kind of instant gratification doesn't come too often in skating. So it surprised me to find out they had a rough season last year. I'm glad they got through it and hope they keep going strong at Worlds.

Bigbird

I would advise against rooting for this. What you need is for S&K and S&B to do well enough at Worlds to earn the third spot back for Russia. Which should be very doable, provided no one flops.

Silver lining. Always look for the silver lining, people. :)

Mad for Skating

I guess Nikita will go to Worlds if you like it or not. And I think deservedly. It's time for Russia to earn 3 spots back!! I'm sure S/B and S/K are capable of it. And if Tiff and John are come back strong next season (and Tiffanys knee is hopefully all right) they are for sure in the mix for Worlds 2020!:cheer2:
I would advise against rooting for this. What you need is for S&K and S&B to do well enough at Worlds to earn the third spot back for Russia. Which should be very doable, provided no one flops.

I can accept this! This is a good way of looking at things.

skatingguy

decently
If they place 5th and 6th it will be good enough. I am almost afraid to say they will get it done, given Nikita's propensity for making mistakes.
The twizzle mistakes really seem to happen when Nikita's in a position to win. After the bronze at the Olympics, and would have won worlds if not for the twizzles in the short dance, and was the favourite for the silver medal at Europeans after finishing 2nd at the Grand Prix Final and then messes up the twizzles in the rhythm dance. He really seems to get too aggressive with the twizzles and overcooks them, particularly in the short/rhythm dance.

hanca

Values her privacy
The twizzle mistakes really seem to happen when Nikita's in a position to win. After the bronze at the Olympics, and would have won worlds if not for the twizzles in the short dance, and was the favourite for the silver medal at Europeans after finishing 2nd at the Grand Prix Final and then messes up the twizzles in the rhythm dance. He really seems to get too aggressive with the twizzles and overcooks them, particularly in the short/rhythm dance.
In the past there were links to the practice where he messed up the twizzles too. One doesn’t win anything during their day-to-day practice, so it is not only the competition pressure that makes him mess it up. I would say, it is more like throwing a dice and hoping that the number on the dice won’t be the number one. Often it isn’t; sometimes it is. I guess we never know which Nikita we will get (the twizzling one or not twizzling one) which can add additional excitement when watching them, but the lack of consistency is not very good when trying to get the third spot.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
In the past there were links to the practice where he messed up the twizzles too. One doesn’t win anything during their day-to-day practice, so it is not only the competition pressure that makes him mess it up. I would say, it is more like throwing a dice and hoping that the number on the dice won’t be the number one. Often it isn’t; sometimes it is. I guess we never know which Nikita we will get (the twizzling one or not twizzling one) which can add additional excitement when watching them, but the lack of consistency is not very good when trying to get the third spot.

Indeed, I watched the official FD practice at Euros, and Nikita fell on a step sequence there too. :gallopin1
I could see from the FD warm-up that he was going to go for broke, rather than play safe as he has done for the rest of the season, thus the fall on the twizzles. :(
Let's hope he has got his splatting out of the way, and goes back to playing safe at Worlds, as Russia needs to get it's 3 spots back!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Or, he needs to fake Zach Donahue out so he goes for broke and does what he does. They are essentially the same skater (except I think Katsalopov is the better of the two overall). Both of them want that silver medal at worlds so both are prone to over excitement.

hanca

Values her privacy
Indeed, I watched the official FD practice at Euros, and Nikita fell on a step sequence there too. :gallopin1
I could see from the FD warm-up that he was going to go for broke, rather than play safe as he has done for the rest of the season, thus the fall on the twizzles. :(
Let's hope he has got his splatting out of the way, and goes back to playing safe at Worlds, as Russia needs to get it's 3 spots back!
I love your optimism but we are talking about Nikita. Of course he will splat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information