From Russia with love [#23]: Spring/Summer 2016

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Maybe Dean can choreograph for all of Igor's students? :cheer: Shanti Rushpaul, what? :40beers:

It's good news for levels, but will become very very bad with time if unaddressed. I'm excited to see what they come up with, if Igor is doing it they'll have another flamenco/paso themed program.

morqet

rising like a phoenix
I'm excited to see what they come up with, if Igor is doing it they'll have another flamenco/paso themed program.

Their FD is something completely different. Igor has come through on his promise to give them a new look.

@clairecloutier the online translation missed a bit - Собеседник агентства не чувствует, - the agency (R-sport) does not feel there are any objections from the federation.

Last edited:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Hmmm. Hmmmm. Well then. I see. :COP:

Madagascar jungle rhythms?

( :p ok Igor thanks for changing it up, when we can see/hear about it in only 3 months..)

Ka3sha

Not a news, it was a done deal and Zhulin told it a month ago or so. Khaliavin already has a new partner BTW.
Yes, not a news but I still feel sorry for Ksenia

I know that he had a tryout with Sara but not sure how successful it was..

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Ah my bad, I thought a partnership had been anounced but it has not.

Xela M

Ilinykh/Zhiganshin to stay with Shpilband

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20160519/923966651.html

According to this source, they will return to Detroit after a visit to Russia. However it sounds like the Russian fed may not fully support the decision to stay with Shpilband? Perhaps a Russian speaker can confirm.

I'm very happy that they will stay with Shpilband. I don't know if he's the "answer" but I think it's better than them staying under Kustarova.

@clairecloutier the online translation missed a bit - Собеседник агентства не чувствует, - the agency (R-sport) does not feel there are any objections from the federation.

Great news! And as @morqet said, it doesn't look like the Russian Fed has any objections to the move

Sylvia

TBD
Pairs (11): Astakhova/Rogonov, Bazarova/Deputat, Biryukova/Filonov, Borisova/Sopot, Volosozhar/Trankov, Efimova/Korovin, Zabijako/Enbert, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Mishina/Mirzoev, Stolbova/Klimov, Tarasova/Morozov.
Кристина Астахова -- Алексей Рогонов, Вера Базарова -- Андрей Депутат, Софья Бирюкова -- Андрей Филонов, Екатерина Борисова -- Дмитрий Сопот, Татьяна Волосожар -- Максим Траньков, Алиса Ефимова -- Александр Коровин, Наталья Забияко -- Александр Энберт, Юко Кавагути -- Александр Смирнов, Анастасия Мишина -- Владислав Мирзоев, Ксения Столбова -- Федор Климов, Евгения Тарасова -- Владимир Морозов.

Men (10): Voronov, Gorshkov, Dmitriev, Kovtun, Kolyada, Menshov, Petrov, Pitkeev, Plushenko, Samarin.
Сергей Воронов, Гордей Горшков, Артур Дмитриев, Максим Ковтун, Михаил Коляда, Константин Меньшов, Александр Петров, Адьян Питкеев, Евгений Плющенко, Александр Самарин.

Ladies (8): Lipnitskaia, Leonova, Medvedeva, Pogorilaya, Radionova, Sotnikova, Sotskova, Tuktamysheva.
Юлия Липницкая, Алена Леонова, Евгения Медведева, Анна Погорилая, Елена Радионова, Аделина Сотникова, Мария Сотскова, Елизавета Туктамышева.

Dance (7): Bobrova/Soloviev, Zahorski/Guerreiro, Evdokimova/Bazin, Ilinykh/Zhiganshin, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Stepanova/Bukin, Sosnitskaia/Golovishnokov.
Екатерина Боброва -- Дмитрий Соловьев, Тиффани Загорски -- Джонатан Гурейро, Софья Евдокимова -- Егор Базин, Елена Ильиных -- Руслан Жиганшин, Виктория Синицина -- Никита Кацалапов, Александра Степанова -- Иван Букин, Людмила Сосницкая -- Павел Головишников.

ETA:

According to Google translate:
"FFKKR Board approved the list of candidates for national teams of Russia for the season 2016/2017. This team of masters, juniors and young men and women. In total 151 people. <snip>
Full list lineups, including juniors and young men and women, will be published on the website FFKKR in the relevant section [where the 2015-16 national team currently is listed: http://www.fsrussia.ru/sbornaya.html ].

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am surprised that Sakhanovich is not on the list. I thought this was to be her senior debut year. Does this mean her career in Russia is over and she should look for another country that would adopt her? Same with Maria of the trainwreck team.

Sylvia

TBD
Only 8 ladies, but 10 men and 11 pairs?
I believe these skaters/teams are all ISU senior age-eligible in 2016-17.

ETA:

According to Google translate:
"FFKKR Board approved the list of candidates for national teams of Russia for the season 2016/2017. This team of masters [listed above], juniors and young men and women. In total 151 people."

"Full list lineups, including juniors and young men and women, will be published on the website FFKKR in the relevant section."

Last edited:
C

casken

Vaitsekhovskaya in her blog wrote that Monko/Khaliavin has retired
:(

Gah. Monko. :(:(:(

I became pro Monko becuase I shit talked her so bad when she was coming up from juniors, and I really wanted Khaliavin to leave her and find someone else, but then she improved more than I ever thought she possibly could, and I felt like I owed her (them) my support.

Well #TeamBobrova and #TeamZahorski all the way I guess.

lauravvv

Their FD is something completely different. Igor has come through on his promise to give them a new look.
Thank you for the information, morqet. But I am too curious now.
To be even more precise, it's - Собеседник агенства не чувствует, - The interviewee (conversation companion) of the agency does not feel...etc. :). Meaning, Shpilband does not feel there are any objections from the federation. Nothing to do with what the agency feels or does not feel ;).

Last edited:

papa_pl

Banned Member
I am surprised that Sakhanovich is not on the list. I thought this was to be her senior debut year. Does this mean her career in Russia is over and she should look for another country that would adopt her? Same with Maria of the trainwreck team.
Why would she be on senior Russian ladies list?
She hasn't done anything this year to get a senior spot. I even wonder, if she's gonna get junior GP spot - she will face fierce competition in autumn test skates.

hanca

Values her privacy
Why would she be on senior Russian ladies list?
She hasn't done anything this year to get a senior spot. I even wonder, if she's gonna get junior GP spot - she will face fierce competition in autumn test skates.
Well, her results were not worse than Leonova's, Lipnitskaya's and Sotnikova's result in the last season. And if you want to take into consideration the past results, like two three years ago, then Sakhanovich does have two junior worlds silver medals and two JGPF medals. I think she should be in reserve team. Unlike Leonova, Sakhanovich had only one bad season so she should still get a chance. Leonova now had two or three bad seasons and she is still getting chances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information