From Russia with love [#23]: Spring/Summer 2016

Sylvia

TBD
Evgeni Rukavicin and his students -- Dmitri Aliev, Serafima Sakhanovich, Alisa Fedichkina and Kirill Sokolov (he's wearing the "Russia" white tee shirt) -- recently spent some time training in Newburgh, NY with Oleg Makarov and Larisa Selezneva (Ksenia Makarova's parents): https://www.instagram.com/p/BFzS7VdJXdE/
I assume the older man in the middle with the Team Russia blue jacket is a coach in Rukavicin's group?

Ka3sha

Vaitsekhovskaya announced interview with Elena Ilinykh (it should be published tomorrow)
Here is a part of it translated via google translation

- Who proposed the idea of the programs and whether her voice?
- Speak while it is impossible, but suggested Igor. It all happened quite suddenly: We've thought about it, but the decision was not. One option seemed non-winning on music, the second is too worn out, in respect of the third there were concerns that the program "does not lie," specifically at us with Ruslan. It lasted so long that I was already on the verge of hysteria: there are elements, ligaments there, and the free dance and does not smell. When Igor came back from Boston, he brought to the rink to music and said that we see it in this thread.
I was uncomfortable at first, to be honest. Still, I am more used to the fact that the initiative in the choice of programs usually comes from me. But on reflection, I came to the conclusion that Igor rights. When experimenting with the styles, when not in season? Well, there really see what happens.
- Your short dance, to my knowledge, was made fast enough, but in this regard, the question arises: what if two ready-made programs you will need to Antonio Najarro to which you are going to Madrid?
- I'd love to work with Antonio on the motions to get additional charge of choreographic emotion may add both programs some "tasty" touches. Still blues - very peculiar dance. We once danced with Antonio on the ship when he came to Moscow, and I showed him the city, and just then I realized very keenly what the true essence of this dance should be.
- And what?
- The fact that in place of the dancers must be thirsty, anyone who sees dance the part: that women desperately jealous partner, and men - to the partner. But for this, you see, the dance in general should not be perceived as a sports program. And it is already able to teach, not every director.
The issue of dealing with Najarro dare, of course, together with Igor, he also spoke in favor of such a decision. The more that we are not talking about a period torn out of the training schedule, and that in Madrid we Ruslan simply spend part of their vacation. Antonio puts another show in Madrid's ballet, which is headed, we can work with them directly in the theater, and in parallel have already found the ice to practice, so that all have agreed about our arrival.

Xela M

Vaitsekhovskaya announced interview with Elena Ilinykh (it should be published tomorrow)
Here is a part of it translated via google translation

- Who proposed the idea of the programs and whether her voice?
- Speak while it is impossible, but suggested Igor. It all happened quite suddenly: We've thought about it, but the decision was not. One option seemed non-winning on music, the second is too worn out, in respect of the third there were concerns that the program "does not lie," specifically at us with Ruslan. It lasted so long that I was already on the verge of hysteria: there are elements, ligaments there, and the free dance and does not smell. When Igor came back from Boston, he brought to the rink to music and said that we see it in this thread.
I was uncomfortable at first, to be honest. Still, I am more used to the fact that the initiative in the choice of programs usually comes from me. But on reflection, I came to the conclusion that Igor rights. When experimenting with the styles, when not in season? Well, there really see what happens.
- Your short dance, to my knowledge, was made fast enough, but in this regard, the question arises: what if two ready-made programs you will need to Antonio Najarro to which you are going to Madrid?
- I'd love to work with Antonio on the motions to get additional charge of choreographic emotion may add both programs some "tasty" touches. Still blues - very peculiar dance. We once danced with Antonio on the ship when he came to Moscow, and I showed him the city, and just then I realized very keenly what the true essence of this dance should be.
- And what?
- The fact that in place of the dancers must be thirsty, anyone who sees dance the part: that women desperately jealous partner, and men - to the partner. But for this, you see, the dance in general should not be perceived as a sports program. And it is already able to teach, not every director.
The issue of dealing with Najarro dare, of course, together with Igor, he also spoke in favor of such a decision. The more that we are not talking about a period torn out of the training schedule, and that in Madrid we Ruslan simply spend part of their vacation. Antonio puts another show in Madrid's ballet, which is headed, we can work with them directly in the theater, and in parallel have already found the ice to practice, so that all have agreed about our arrival.

Thank goodness Igor doesn't entertain Elena's many program ideas! This means there is still hope.

As for the blues... Wouldn't that have been a perfect dance for I&K :skandal:smokin: *sigh*

hanca

Values her privacy
hell yeah, shibnev :encore:
Isn't he the guy who skated with Stavitskaya? So skating with a singles lady did not work out, let's see if pairs lady can do better ice dance? I don't want to be a pessimist, but I don't think this is going anywhere. Saying that, if Davankova really married Morozov, at least she will have plenty of coaching (and free).

Last edited:

barbarafan

Isn't he the guy who skated with Stavitskaya? So skating with a singles lady did not work out, let's see I'd pairs lady can do better ice dance? I don't want to be a pessimist, but I don't think this is going anywhere. Saying that, if Davankova really married Morozov, at least she will have plenty of coaching (and free).

mmmmmm....young love......or no shows at practices:watch:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Well, her results were not worse than Leonova's, Lipnitskaya's and Sotnikova's result in the last season. And if you want to take into consideration the past results, like two three years ago, then Sakhanovich does have two junior worlds silver medals and two JGPF medals. I think she should be in reserve team. Unlike Leonova, Sakhanovich had only one bad season so she should still get a chance. Leonova now had two or three bad seasons and she is still getting chances.

Leonova is former world silver medallist going downhill. Sima is young with a ton of potential. It makes no sense to drop the younger skater

J

Jeschke

I've heard that they moved to St.-Petersburg and are in Moskvina's group now
oh yes, these are some good news; as i always praised him; together they seem like a good match; hope they can show some consistency and make some impact!

btw: moskvina does take new students? :rofl:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
So with no V/T at Grand Prix circuit, I want a host spot for Biryukova/Filonov!!! :mitchell::drama::rofl:
Give us Sofia back on grand prix ice!:gallopin1

(I would be fine with Shevchenko/Bich, too)

Yes, in the same universe where Sarah Hecken is seeded on the GP this year, Volchkova actually has successful students, and Monko is Russian number 1 in dance. :p

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
I guess I can give up on Yanovskaya now... There is no way she will improve under those 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information