DWTS Season 27

screech

Really surprised by that elimination! I thought they would have a really good shot at winning.
I don't think they were 'connecting' with the audience, but it's a popularity contest, and I think people are buying into the Alexis/Alan showmance (which really - if it's an actual romance, then they'd still have it going if they were eliminated!!)
I know who I clearly want to be the top two... and I never thought I'd say this but Keo deserves to be one of them! He's really come into his own this year. He's never done a finals though, so it'll be interesting to see how he does with the freestyle. Alan has a more 'freestyle'-esque je ne sais quois to him, so I think he'll do well with it, but Keo seems more restrained in that respect. So it'll be interesting to see.

Bobby's freestyle will be hilarious. Though I half expected him to say "I volunteer as tribute!" as he was giving the thumbs down to the elimination.
Almost felt bad for Joe, though, that his elimination was overshadowed. He grew on me (like a fungus or something) over the last few weeks as he started to let his personality out. Didn't want him in the finals, but he became likeable.

Firedancer

I don't think they were 'connecting' with the audience, but it's a popularity contest, and I think people are buying into the Alexis/Alan showmance (which really - if it's an actual romance, then they'd still have it going if they were eliminated!!)
I know who I clearly want to be the top two... and I never thought I'd say this but Keo deserves to be one of them! He's really come into his own this year. He's never done a finals though, so it'll be interesting to see how he does with the freestyle. Alan has a more 'freestyle'-esque je ne sais quois to him, so I think he'll do well with it, but Keo seems more restrained in that respect. So it'll be interesting to see.

Bobby's freestyle will be hilarious. Though I half expected him to say "I volunteer as tribute!" as he was giving the thumbs down to the elimination.
Almost felt bad for Joe, though, that his elimination was overshadowed. He grew on me (like a fungus or something) over the last few weeks as he started to let his personality out. Didn't want him in the finals, but he became likeable.

I agree with your top two and how they will do with the free style. Of the final three, I hope Alexis and Alan win. I thought Bobby should have gone home today. I’m fully expecting something crazy for his freestyle.

I don’t really like Joe that much and think he definitely should have gone home tonight. But I do think he has improved the last couple weeks.

Spiralgraph

That elimination sure surprised me. I don't think I've ever seen Len more annoyed or vocal about that departure. You may be right about not connecting with the audience though. He and Cheryl were putting on a clinic every week it was hard to see how he could improve when he was so good already.

Edit!
I agree about Keo too. Evanna has progressed nicely and Keo seems thrilled to be in the finals. I know who I'll be rooting for.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Evanna has been my fav since the beginning (the Harry Potter connection - I loved her character) but she has improved so much it's hard to believe she's the same person as week one. Keo is also a revelation. He has loosened up so much. I don't know if that's Evanna's influence but they have been very good for each other. I never liked his dancing before & his choreography never showed a lot of originality before. Her contemporary was my favorite of the night.

I must be the only one to be happy about the eliminations. I never could warm up to either men. Joe because he got mega votes from Bachelor fans for dreadful dancing & the other (or we still not spoiling?) because he just seemed smarmy to me plus I view him as a ringer. Anyone who dances that well on week one shouldn't go up against people who have never danced. Last night Bobby's dedication made me like him. I guess I wouldn't hate it if he won. He has so many people voting for him that I think he has a real shot at winning.

skatesindreams

Evanna has been my fav since the beginning (the Harry Potter connection - I loved her character) but she has improved so much it's hard to believe she's the same person as week one. Keo is also a revelation. He has loosened up so much.

ITA.

screech

On Reddit, some people were suggesting that each season the judges should be allowed one 'save' that they all have to agree on, for cases like this.
Of the 8 weeks of competition, JP was at the top of the leaderboard 6 times (I'm counting last week based on the solo dance, not counting the team dance). People may complain about his natural/trained dancing ability, but look at Meryl Davis, Nicole Scherzinger, Alfonso Ribeiro, Mario Lopez, Corbin Bleu, Jordan Fisher... and all of the other stars familiar with performing choreography (Amber Riley, Jennifer Grey, Mya, Zendaya, Ricki Lake, the gymnasts, the other skaters). I really do think it was the inability for people to 'connect' with JP that hurt him. He seems like a genuinely nice and likeable guy, but he never really showed any personality.

While Milo lacked his usual personality this week, he's still my favourite over the whole season. I'm hoping for a win from him or Evanna. Bobby is just... bobby (though I'm expecting an AWESOME freestyle), and Alexan (I'm giving them a showmance name) are just so bland. I feel like she tries to dance 'pretty' so doesn't really get 'into' it. I did think their second dance (the 80s workout video) was a lot of fun, though.

screech

So according to GoldDerby, based on viewer predictions, Evanna is the favourite to win, just edging out Milo. And frankly, I'm okay with either of those 2 teams to win. I think Milo has been better (and shown more personality) all season, but Evanna has the 'growth' storyline people like to see. Odds then have Alexis 3rd, Bobby 4th.

I kind of hate that it's not a two night premiere. I'd want to vote on the freestyle (though I think live internet voting will be happening during the finale). Based on this week, though, I think Evanna has the edge.

screech

So on Monday, each team is doing a repeat of a dance in addition to their freestyle. For the freestyles, I think I'm most looking forward to Evanna and Keo's (I love that song).

Bobby & Sharna
Repeat: cha cha (Song: “U Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer)
Freestyle Song: Remix of “The Greatest Show” by Panic at the Disco

Alexis & Alan –
Repeat: Tango (Song: “Swan Lake” by Ray Chew Live)
Freestyle Song: “Head Above Water” – live performance by Avril Lavigne

Evanna & Keo
Repeat: Tango (Song: “Disturbia” by Rihanna)
Freestyle Song: “It’s Oh So Quiet” by Björk

Milo & Witney
Repeat: Charleston (Song: “Living in New York City” – live performance by Robin Thicke)
Freestyle Song: “Ain’t No Sunshine” (Lido Remix) by Bill Withers

love skating

Clueless American
Programming alert for those in the L.A. area... ABC7 is showing the Rams Monday Night Football game live - starting a little after 5pm. So the DWTS finale is scheduled to start at 9 pm instead of 8 pm, hopefully the game won't go overtime.

screech

The kids on DWTS Juniors are adorable.
Sky's love for her brother (and vice versa) is just precious. And I think her partner JT may be the best partner on the show.
Miles (Blackish) is my favourite star though. That kid can move!
I like Ariana (from Avengers), but I don't love her partner, who doesn't seem as trained as the others.
Mandla was wonderful. And it was nice to have Stevie Wonder there performing for his son's beautiful foxtrot.
Mackenzie Ziegler is a good dancer, but she just leaves me cold.
Akash is adorable, and so eloquent. And so gracious and mature after his elimination.

Now we gear up for tomorrow night's finale! First one in ages where I have absolutely no idea who will win.

screech

Not liking how they've set up tonight. Two dances, then 30 minutes of filler, then the next two, then filler, then now the freestyle coming up? I wish they would have had all 4 teams do their first round before any filler came in. Especially considering how there's live voting happening tonight to determine the winners.

Cute Emma Watson video for Evanna.

screech

I feel like Bobby spent the whole dance getting from one level of the stage to the next.

If he got a 30, then Milo should have received 40! Wouldn't have given Alexis 30 either.

Loved the concept of Evanna's, and love that she was front and centre. Kudos to Keo for choreographing that for his first freestyle (only thing I didn't love were her kind of clunky flat red shoes).

Debbie S

WTF?! Whatever, this whole season has been kind of blah. I've been enjoying DWTS Juniors more.

Either Milo or Evanna winning would have made me happy.

Is this Sharna's first MBT? If so, I guess I can get behind that.

screech

Is this Sharna's first MBT? If so, I guess I can get behind that.
Yep. But I can't even be happy for her. (I wanted her to win back when she had James Hinchcliffe).

Something seriously needs to change with the scoring. Or, if they keep going with one night shows, have the ballroom audience vote like they do on Juniors. Or do something like judges scores = 50%, online/phone votes 30-40%, ballroom audience 10-20%.

OR let Canada vote again!!

I wonder if Evanna and Milo's votes kind of cancelled each other out (since they were the deserving ones) and Bobby eeked through.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry or... what after that. So instead I am staring at the TV blinking.

I’ll give Bobby the benefit of being such a great spirit all season long, and can easily see why people voted for him.

As for a scoring/format overhaul, there is literally no voting criteria for the audience. They can vote for who they want and they’re not required to vote for the best dancer. Overall this show is for entertainment purposes and a few days from now mostly everyone will have moved on in life until the next season starts. Yeah it stinks when the best dancers don’t get the best placements, but I’m choosing to look at things from the perspective that this season had so many great couples, dances, and moments, such that it was one of the most enjoyable for me in many, many years.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I think you are being generous calling it the C list. They have moved way beyond the C list at this point. :p
I wanted to say D list but there's a website called DListed and I didn't want to cause confusion for people who are familiar with that website.

BaileyCatts

Good grief. Did Bobby even do any dancing at all? I mean I can dance as well as Bobby has this entire show. Yeah, I know, popularity contest 'n all, plus he has a radio show with about a million listeners he can pull votes from, but still usually the person who wins can actually like .. you know ...... dance! There may have people who won when I wanted the 2nd place person to win, but that person was still a great dancer and it could have gone either way. But this is just ridiculous. I watched the ending back and managed to freeze frame my DVR at previously the right split second moment where Keo's expression was just like "what the feck did you just say???". That was pretty funny. :rofl:

My order: Milo, Evanna, .. gap .. Alexis ................................... big huge gap all the way back to like 7th place ................................. Bobby. I can't even be happy for Sharna. I'm sure they are all in for their partner but they are professional dancers, they know who should win. She's gotta know this is fecked up. Or not. I wish Sharna would have got her first win with a legit dancing win.

So who was 2nd, 3rd, 4th?? This is the second time they have done the final call like this and I don't like it. I want a Final 2 only.

They also need to do a 2 night finale. Night 1 is just the do-over dance and the Freestyle in a 1-hour show so everyone can vote for the Freestyle! That sucks for West Coasters who couldn't even vote tonight. Then Night 2 can be a fusion dance or something and its a Judges vote only, then announce a 4th place, filler, 3rd place, filler ..... Final 2 call to winner.

I don't have Twitter, but I'm imagining it blowing right the hell up right now. Somebody let me know if it crashes. :rofl:

Last edited:

screech

Apparently Milo came second, Evanna third, Alexis fourth. It's on the season 27 wikipedia page, but apparently one of the producers, or someone related to the show also reported that result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information