Chinese Skating News, Pt. 4: Fresh Noodles for Milan 2026

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnskater

Does anyone in the know about Chinese skating have an understanding as to why An (Nini) was not selected for the Olympics last year? She seems to be the best female skater from China in years.

raruki

Some interesting facts about NINI:

Nini is a Korean ethnic minority in China.

Her dad and also coach An Longhe was the head coach of the Thai national figure skating team in Bangkok and also worked with Rafael Arutyunyan for a short while.

Here is the video of Nini's Dad performing in Bangkok.

Last edited:

raruki

Wang Lei and Peng Cheng are doing some fitness training at the Beijing Century star skating club without any sights of Jin Yang.
Don't make any guesses about their current status.

On My Own

Wang Lei and Peng Cheng are doing some fitness training at the Beijing Century star skating club without any sights of Jin Yang.
Don't make any guesses about their current status.
Here is Jin Yang:

I think the assumption and guess factory must be out in full force at this point.

ETA: It's on a Boyang fan page because that sugar glider is actually his lol

Gris

不做奴才做公民

From March 28 to April 1, CFSA will host a training camp for ice dancers younger not older than 21 years old and the invited instructors include Patrice Lauzon, Zachary Donohue and Ingrid Charlotte Wolter (member of ISU Ice Dance Technical Committee).

Last edited:

Gris

不做奴才做公民

On My Own

GPF next season is in Beijing!

LMAO, I just saw it! Well, China got back all the senior events it lost, AND you get to watch it without 🐮 💩

Hope for Junior Worlds going back to Harbin soon, too!!

raruki

Zhang Tianci didn't show up yet again for Zhang/Yang?
Their coach right now is Song Lun(宋伦), who used to be the single skater representing Harbin. I think Zhao abandoned them after the Beijing Olympics because I haven't seen him back in Harbin to have some contact with them.

raruki

Honestly, I hope Heilongjiang can send them to Qiqihar to train under Luan Bo since there will be no city-versus-city in NWG anymore in 2024 NWG and they will compete under the provincial teams, unlike the previous NWG. Certainly, There will be no barriers for them to transfer to Qiqihar. What's more, they don't have to train with the self-centered psycho ZTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information