Chinese Skating News, Pt. 4: Fresh Noodles for Milan 2026

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Well, it wouldn't be the worst thing for the pairs discipline to have Sui/Han compete next season, especially since it seems pretty likely that Knierim/Frazier are done. We need someone to push Miura/Kihara, and I'm positive they would get a 2nd GP invitation (Espoo or Angers maybe?). Next season would be really easy on them, travel wise - just one GP and Worlds outside of China, and then CoC, the GPF & 4CCs all in China.

raruki

really impressed with Chen/Xing! even though they didn't make it to the FD.
This was their third international competition in their career, and what they scored has already been above the second-tier ice dancers in China like Ning/Wang and Guo/Zhao. Not sure they will outperform Wang/Liu in the long run, but they definitely have the potential to score higher than Chen/Sun in a short term. So plz Heilongjiang, plz invest in your ice dance team more! You certainly can have a bigger opportunity to win the team event in NWG 2024 if you have stronger ice dance teams!

On My Own

I don't know what it is that Jin needs, but I hope TCC can help him in that area with a full season ahead... This seems mental to me, because the 4Lz was even there in the warm up, not to mention he was so much better at Four Continents despite the recovery phase and altitude? I was confused why they put the jump in the layout for the SP, and I maintain that, though, falling on a jump that's not stable enough probably doesn't help at all.

Last edited:

love skating

Clueless American
really impressed with Chen/Xing! even though they didn't make it to the FD.
This was their third international competition in their career, and what they scored has already been above the second-tier ice dancers in China like Ning/Wang and Guo/Zhao. Not sure they will outperform Wang/Liu in the long run, but they definitely have the potential to score higher than Chen/Sun in a short term. So plz Heilongjiang, plz invest in your ice dance team more! You certainly can have a bigger opportunity to win the team event in NWG 2024 if you have stronger ice dance teams!
What happened with Chen/Sun? Are they injured - I feel like I haven't seen them in ages. I did enjoy Chen/Xing - I especially liked her dress for the freedance.

On My Own

At best (counting the speculation that Beijing may bid for GPF), there will be Shanghai Trophy, CoC, GPF and 4CC (maybe even Asian Open?) in China next season. Quite a skating extravaganza after a few years' drought...
It was brought up earlier, so I assumed that there were rumours about it.

raruki

Cheesy news on Chinese figure skating today.

1, The rumor regarding the breakup between Peng and Jin becomes clearer and clearer? Someone posted a group picture with Wang Lei and Peng Cheng on the ice rink, but without the presence of Jin Yang.

2, Team Heilongjiang has sent their new ice dance hopeful, Liu Tong/Ge Quanshuo(eligible for the JGP next season), to Team Ekaterina Rubleva and Ivan Shefer in Moscow for short-term training, or choreographing the new programs.

Last edited:

coralline

Why am I not surprised about Peng & Jin…

Who are Team Ekaterina Rubleva and Ivan Shefer?Any famous students?

Then that‘s why Liu & Ge did not show up at the senimar. Will they be back for the next competition in Qingdao?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Well, that's a bummer if the Peng/Jin split turns out to be true. She would still be eligible for a GP assignment with her new partner as one half of a returning split couple, and the CFSA could give them a 2nd GP with one of their CoC host spots.

On My Own

2, Team Heilongjiang has sent their new ice dance hopeful, Liu Tong/Ge Quanshuo(eligible for the JGP next season), to Team Ekaterina Rubleva and Ivan Shefer in Moscow for short-term training, or choreographing the new programs.
I guess it's to be expected, but still disappointed they went to Russia. At least the fed decided to send them to foreign coaching, I guess.

re: P/J, well the signs were all there. Never underestimate the power of Chinese baby aunties and baby gay uncles to get the latest goss.

Sylvia

TBD
Some footages from the junior ice dance senimar [with Patrice Lauzon & Zach Donohue]:

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1iV4y1Q75T

Offical CFSA Wechat account has more pictures:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/LUAveBbrB5ps6EyOAKlz8w
Re-posting another link here:
More coverage from China about the CFSA junior ice dance seminar:

On My Own

It wouldn't surprise me if she does get 2 GPs next season, especially with China back to hosting. She's in a good spot to get one assignment outright and a host assignment as well.
She's in 116 place on world standings, 38 on season's best, is there a guarantee she'll get two spots or even one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information