Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Christina Applegate, “Dead to Me”
Rachel Brosnahan, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
Linda Cardellini, “Dead to Me”
Catherine O’Hara, “Schitt’s Creek”
Issa Rae, “Insecure”
Tracee Ellis Ross, “Black-ish”

Outstanding Variety Talk Series
“The Daily Show with Trevor Noah” (Comedy Central)
“Full Frontal with Samantha Bee” (TBS)
“Jimmy Kimmel Live!” (ABC)
“Last Week Tonight with John Oliver” (HBO)
“The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” (CBS)

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
Jason Bateman, “Ozark”
Brian Cox, “Succession”
Sterling K. Brown, “This Is Us”
Steve Carrell “The Morning Show”
Jeremy Strong, “Succession”
Billy Porter, “Pose”

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
Jennifer Aniston, “The Morning Show”
Olivia Colman, “The Crown”
Jodie Comer, “Killing Eve”
Laura Linney, “Ozark”
Sandra Oh, “Killing Eve”
Zendaya, “Euphoria”

Outstanding Competition Program
“The Masked Singer” (Fox)
“Nailed It!” (Netflix)
“RuPaul’s Drag Race” (VH1)
“Top Chef” (Bravo)
“The Voice” (NBC)

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie
Jeremy Irons, “Watchmen”
Hugh Jackman, “Bad Education”
Paul Mescal, “Normal People”
Jeremy Pope, “Hollywood”
Mark Ruffalo, “I Know This Much Is True”

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or TV Movie
Cate Blanchett, “Mrs. America”
Shira Haas, “Unorthodox”
Regina King, “Watchmen”
Octavia Spencer, “Self-Made”
Kerry Washington, “Little Fires Everywhere”

Outstanding Limited Series
“Watchmen” (HBO)
“Mrs. America” (FX on Hulu)
“Unbelievable” (Netflix)
“Unorthodox” (Netflix)
“Little Fires Everywhere” (Hulu)

Outstanding Comedy Series
“Curb Your Enthusiasm” (HBO)
“The Good Place” (NBC)
“Dead to Me” (Netflix)
“Insecure” (HBO)
“The Kominsky Method” (Netflix)
“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” (Amazon Prime Video)
“Schitt’s Creek” (Pop TV)
“What We Do in the Shadows” (FX)

Outstanding Drama Series
“Better Call Saul” (AMC)
“The Crown” (Netflix)
“The Handmaid’s Tale” (Hulu)
“Killing Eve” (BBC America)
“The Mandalorian” (Disney+)
“Ozark” (Netflix)
“Stranger Things” (Netflix)
“Succession” (HBO)

Glad to see much love for Schitt's Creek and Insecure. I heard Zendaya was excellent in Euphoria and glad to see she got nominated as well from what I heard from my sisters. I still need to see Mrs. America as I keep putting it off. I also need to see the latest season of Killing Eve. I say this every year, but I am so happy to see Steven Universe nominated for its final series, Steven Universe Future although I am saddened that my favorite story boarder, Jeff Liu, won't be a winner if the crewniverse wins since he left the team after they did the movie to work on another animated show. I am also sad that the movie wasn't nominated for long-form animated program (seems like that category no longer exists...probably due to lack of competition).

I am going to say it...I hope Olivia Colman doesn't win. I supported her Oscar win, and I appreciate her work on The Crown but I don't think she did anything award-worthy.

Cachoo

I am "Watchmen" all of the way. Regina King was awesome and that story line---incorporating the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre---as an important part of the backstory is oh-so-relevant. Plus it was odd, emotional and took the viewer to unexpected places with unexpected outcomes. Well done.

skatingguy

decently
I am going to say it...I hope Olivia Colman doesn't win. I supported her Oscar win, and I appreciate her work on The Crown but I don't think she did anything award-worthy.
Helena Bonham Carter deserves the Emmy for her work on the series.

clairecloutier

We only made it through 2 episodes of Watchmen. The vibe of the show just didn’t resonate with us, or something. I too found it weird.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I love all the Schitt's Creek love but I do wish Emily Hampshire could have gotten nominated as well. She's been amazing as Stevie, although season 5 was Stevie's best season.

I'm so happy D'arcy Carden got nominated, she should have been nominated for The Good Place last year based off of the episode Janet(s) alone.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Cate Blanchett- I’m gonna say it - is going to be the Meryl Streep of her generation. She is so realistically evil as Phyllis Schlafly. I found Watchmen endlessly weird to no point. DH loves Little Fires Everywhere and I love Succession.

Better than Streep already IMHO.

vgerdes

Cate Blanchett- I’m gonna say it - is going to be the Meryl Streep of her generation. She is so realistically evil as Phyllis Schlafly. I found Watchmen endlessly weird to no point. DH loves Little Fires Everywhere and I love Succession.

Cate is really good at playing a heroine, a la Galadriel in Lord of the Rings, but where she truly excels, IMO, is in playing the villain. She does evil SO WELL.

Cachoo

Didn’t know much at all about Schlafly, but Blanchett is riveting.
Mrs. Keep Them In The Kitchen who, btw, stayed out of the kitchen. Give me Gloria Steinem any day. I don't know if it is in this series but I remember a hostile male reporter (in the 70's) who asked if she was gay and without missing a beat she said "Are YOU the alternative?" I've got a girl crush.....

VGThuy

Mrs. Keep Them In The Kitchen who, btw, stayed out of the kitchen. Give me Gloria Steinem any day. I don't know if it is in this series but I remember a hostile male reporter (in the 70's) who asked if she was gay and without missing a beat she said "Are YOU the alternative?" I've got a girl crush.....

One of the highlights of my law school experience was seeing Steinem speak. AMAZING.

Cachoo

One of the highlights of my law school experience was seeing Steinem speak. AMAZING.
I also love Fran Lebowitz too. Billie Jean for her bravery, Gloria for her unswerving will and hard work and Fran because she makes me laugh out loud. Throw in Nora Ephron and Mary Tyler Moore and Elizabeth Warren and lately the awesome Congresswoman Katie Porter and GIRL POWER!!!! (Sorry got carried away there.)

So since this is about Emmy I do want to say that I've continued loving the cast of "Killing Eve" and the story as well. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is a gift.

VGThuy

I hate/love that Fleabag ended with two series on Phoebe Waller-Bridge's terms. I hate it because I love that show so much, I love her writing, those characters, everything. I love it because it was her vision to do it the way she did it and to end it the way she did and being forced to do follow-ups before she wanted would be obvious in the quality of the show.

Cachoo

I hate/love that Fleabag ended with two series on Phoebe Waller-Bridge's terms. I hate it because I love that show so much, I love her writing, those characters, everything. I love it because it was her vision to do it the way she did it and to end it the way she did and being forced to do follow-ups before she wanted would be obvious in the quality of the show.
ITA....and it is part of my admiration for "Watchmen." I wanted them to continue but Lindelof said he wasn't sure how to proceed with the series and was comfortable with one season. Leave us wanting more...

screech

Helena Bonham Carter deserves the Emmy for her work on the series.
HBC deserves all the awards just for existing. Woman is brilliant at absolutely everything, and the fact that she has so few awards wins is a complete travesty. I also want her to revamp my wardrobe to be as completely bonkers as hers.

In any case, hugely proud for Schitt's Creek, and hoping for a win for Catherine O'Hara especially. I predict Dan Levy will be on the virtual stage at least once, though (for writing, directing or comedy series. Not so much acting...)

Also happy for D'Arcy Carden for FINALLY getting her recognition. William Jackson Harper too. If only Manny Jacinto got a nomination - he was so brilliant at playing the lovable dingbat Jason.

And so happy to see Andre Braugher's name up there again. He is so fantastic as Capt. Holt!

screech

Anyone watching?

Go Schitt's Creek! I must admit I didn't expect Dan to win for supporting actor. Wasn't convinced Eugene would win either. Not surprised Catharine won - she was the one award in any category that I was confident of. And I was pretty sure Dan would win for writing.

Love their socially distanced party! And as a Canadian, I'm loving this!

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I’m thrilled for Schitt’s Creek, I’m guessing a lot of voters had time to finally watch all seasons and can appreciate how heartwarming it is.

screech

Even being Canadian, I didn't actually watch the entire series until this past year. I tried to watch it a few years ago and just could not get into it. Last year I decided to give it another go and just binged the first 5 seasons and was caught up right before the final season began. IMO what was hard to get into was that I didn't like the characters. But then they grew as people and I grew to love them. They didn't immediately become good people overnight, it was a realistic gradual thing that made me more engaged in them.
Though Moira was brilliant from the start. I hope the Rose family is enjoying a lot of Herb Erlinger wine tonight in Toronto. And huge Kudos to them for following Ontario's social distancing guidelines (apparently they've all been self isolating after testing negative for COVID, so that they could gather, all 6 feet apart and with masks, for tonight).

Also, I may be wrong, but I believe this is the first time a single show completely swept all 4 acting categories, let alone all 7 awards of an entire genre (at least Comedy). And huge Kudos to Dan Levy for winning 4 Emmys tonight in 4 different categories! And thankfully they won best costume design at the creative arts Emmys, for Moira's wardrobe alone.

For the show itself, I've liked the inclusion of essential workers. I also like how they had various celebs introduce the comedy series nominees. I think they could have done without having presenters in person, but the show has run pretty well so far, considering this is an unprecedented situation.

Last edited:

VGThuy

I’m thrilled for Schitt’s Creek, I’m guessing a lot of voters had time to finally watch all seasons and can appreciate how heartwarming it is.

I am assuming this is what exactly happened. Thanks to quarantine or whatever, many voters had more time to binge watch the show, or at least watched almost all of the nominees (something I don't think happens enough in non-juried awards like the Oscars) and realized this show should have been winning awards for the previous 5 seasons, so made up for lost time. Their wins made me so happy.

As for Zendaya, my younger siblings are ecstatic. I'm glad to see great talent among the younger generation. She also has awesome fashion sense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information