2023-2024 Rhythm dance

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Most amusing customer call and I had to restrain myself from outing myself as an ice dance fan... but, now, I really need some team to come out with at least one arm wrapped in Swatch watches as part of their costume!

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
So it’s not about the skating but the music. I’m sad for you.
It all began with music in the 1960s…and how skaters MOVED to that grand music. So it was movement, too, as lovely music was interpreted. 🎼 🎶 That’s why ice dancing, to more contemporary music (movie scores, instrumental pop), was my least favorite discipline in the early days.
Even until the early 1990s, we used to enjoy classical or other musical symphonic music during singles and pairs skating. So it hasn’t “crapped up” for me until the vocals were allowed.

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
It all began with music in the 1960s…and how skaters MOVED to that grand music. So it was movement, too, as lovely music was interpreted. 🎼 🎶 That’s why ice dancing, to more contemporary music (movie scores, instrumental pop), was my least favorite discipline in the early days.
Even until the early 1990s, we used to enjoy classical or other musical symphonic music during singles and pairs skating. So it hasn’t “crapped up” for me until the vocals were allowed.
There have been lyrics in all disciplines for almost a decade and in ice dancing for what, a quarter of a century now? The early 90s you speak of are thirty years ago at this point, yet you still watch. That’s a lot of skating to sit through miserably because they don’t always resort to centuries-old music anymore!

And I’m 😂 that you don’t know who Blondie or Guns ‘n Roses or Cyndi Lauper are when their music has been used relatively recently as a starter. And you know who Whitney is only because of Jill Trenary? Surely you remember Nancy skating to her music post-whack. Shame!

Last edited:

Frau Muller

There have been lyrics in all disciplines for almost a decade and in ice dancing for what, a quarter of a century now? The early 90s you speak of are thirty years ago at this point, yet you still watch. That’s a lot of skating to sit through miserably because they don’t always resort to centuries-old music anymore!

And I’m 😂 that you don’t know who Blondie or Guns ‘n Roses or Cyndi Lauper are when their music has been used relatively recently as a starter. And you know who Whitney is only because of Jill Trenary? Surely you remember Nancy skating to her music post-whack. Shame!

This brings true joy: Midori Ito just won the ISU Adult Championship, to tasteful, joyous music!

Sylvia

TBD

once_upon

Better off than 2020
It's unfortunate that you aren't able to enjoy anything about skating anymore.

I know I b1tch as much as the next about music choices, but if I couldn't find one program in a season that I liked or felt joy or the beauty of skating, I'd be very sad and would have to find another hobby.

Give it one more year, but if you can only find programs of yore to enjoy - watch you tube. But I guarantee you, you'll miss some beautiful skating.

Last edited:

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
It was released in a longer version on the 1984 album.

Knopfler has improvised and expanded the solo during live performances. The coda of the live recording on the 1984 album Alchemy stretches the song to nearly 11 minutes.

Frau Muller

It's unfortunate that you aren't able to enjoy anything about skating anymore.

I know I b1tch as much as the next about music choices, but if I couldn't find one program in a season that I liked or felt joy or the beauty of skating, I'd be very sad and would have to find another hobby.

Give it one more year, but if you can only find programs of yore to enjoy - watch you tube. But I guarantee you, you'll miss some beautiful skating.

I enjoyed Levito’s Swan. Enjoyed every Vivaldi Four seasons program, in multiple disciplines. (Also Soho Lee two progs, Josephine Lee’s Carmina, both Clare Seo progs…and Gabriela Izzo’s Punga SP.) Enjoyed Shoma Uno’s programs last year, esp the LP. BOTH of Memola’s programs!!! 🥳 and Vasiljev’s Dvorak LP!!! 🎉 Enjoyed C/B’s last year’s FD…and H/B this year and last! Pairs? Small pickings - liked the young US team skating to Fledermaus…and the young Japanese pair’s Le Corsair.

And Special Honor to Brown’s Impossible Dream and anything by Lucas Broussard…and KING KIRK HAUGETO’s Hall of the Mountain King!

Last edited:

Nmsis

Natacha Lagouge and Arnaud Caffa just posted re Bon Jovi for 2023-24 (although they did not specify RD).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrgYi4ho4ky/?img_index=1(Apr 26)
Bon Jovi ???
This is weird.
Bon Jovi never had any big success in France.
We are THE country where Bon Jovi is considered "meh".
To the point Jon Bon Jovi shared his cluelessness about that in interviews and some Bon Jovi's tours in Europe didn't even bother to come to France because of the local lack of interest.
Double meh if that's their RD. :slinkaway

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Bon Jovi ???
This is weird.
To the point Jon Bon Jovi shared his cluelessness about that in interviews and some Bon Jovi's tours in Europe didn't even bother to come to France because of the local lack of interest.
Hey French lady do NOT insult my 80s crush (or the other one, Patrick Swayze.) :D

I’m not sure how their music would work for skating but it’s great mainstream rock.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Lagouge & Caffa are coached by Margaglio in Finland, so those could be factors in why/how they came to select Bon Jovi for their RD music.

VGThuy

Bon Jovi ???
This is weird.
Apparently, the feeling is not mutual, ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information