2022 World Athletics Championships - Goodby sleep (Y)Oregon(er)

ilovepaydays

Karsten Warholm 🇳🇴 is literally what you would have if a Viking ran a lap around the track. And also while jumping over hurdles.

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
What on earth are the Polish hammer throwers eating that they are so dominant? Have either their men or women EVER NOT won at least two medals at a Worlds or Olympics?
According to the commentators on the World feed, lots of glasses of ice cold 'milk' to celebrate their wins. Fajdek had so much 'milk' in 2017 that he used his World Championships Gold Medal to pay for a taxi that night.

ilovepaydays

SAFP 🇯🇲 won her heat in 10.87 with Level 4, +4 GOE purple hair.

ETH 🇯🇲 won her heat in 11.15 with Level 4, +5 GOE orange hair.

Last edited:

ilovepaydays

Men’s 1500m heats: The Aussies (Hoare & McSweyn) 🇦🇺 and the Brits (Kerr & Wightman) 🇬🇧 looked SUPERB.

Does anyone else think that Jakob Ingebrigtsen 🇳🇴 has some weird tattoos? They just look…..so random.

Last edited:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Wang 🇨🇳 leaps into first in the final round to take the men’s long jump title. Great performance from decathlete Ehammer 🇨🇭 to nab bronze.

Karen-W

Most marathons are usually staged to pass by famous landmarks. Am guessing the big Walmart in Eugene is about as close as we are going to get to anything like that. :lol:
No, more like Skinner Butte and the Mill Race to the river. Not sure of the route but there are some pretty covered bridges in Lane County.

MsZem

I see the sea
Most marathons are usually staged to pass by famous landmarks. Am guessing the big Walmart in Eugene is about as close as we are going to get to anything like that. :lol:

No, more like Skinner Butte and the Mill Race to the river. Not sure of the route but there are some pretty covered bridges in Lane County.
Here's the route - a large portion of it is by the river & Alton Baker Park, which is not at all Walmart-like.

ilovepaydays

FYI - 🇺🇸 live coverage has started at CNBC instead of NBC. NBC’s coverage is delayed due to some guy with a mullet won the British Open. ⛳

Men’s 400m heats going on now! Wayde van Niekerk 🇿🇦 looked surprisingly GREAT!

ilovepaydays

Good Lord. How many Borlées 🇧🇪 are there that are still running track?

Michael Norman and Michael Cherry 🇺🇸 looked really good and relaxed in winning their heats.

Cachoo

It has been ages since I’ve visited. If I organized the race I would keep it in those gorgeous less populated areas. The only thing I can remember about the town was how familiar the campus was to me. And then we found out they filmed “Animal House” there.

ilovepaydays

Live evening 🇺🇸 coverage has started on CNBC. Will switch to NBC at 10pm EST.

Really looking forward to the finals in the men’s 110m hurdles, women’s 100m, women’s pole vault, and men’s shot put! The 🇺🇸 should rack up a serious amount of medals tonight! 😁

ilovepaydays

Men’s 110m hurdles semifinals. Grant Holloway 🇺🇸 needs to clean up those last few hurdles.

Trey Cunningham 🇺🇸 might just win this final tonight. His hurdling technique is basically perfect. 🤩

Devon Allen 🇺🇸 also makes it to the final! 😀

I think Hansle Parchment 🇯🇲 looks like he could spoil a 🇺🇸 sweep, though.

ilovepaydays

Women’s 100m semifinals.

Sad for Julien Alfred 🇱🇨 - not only did she false start and get DQed, but her federation didn’t have a national kit for her and she had to wear plain Nike gear. At a world championships. 😢

If anyone can stop this 🇯🇲 sweep, it’s probably Dina Asher-Smith 🇬🇧.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information