2022 World Athletics Championships - Goodby sleep (Y)Oregon(er)

ilovepaydays

😁 The 2022 World Championships in Athletics will start later this week in Eugene, Oregon, USA!!! 😁

Official World Athletics WCH 22 website

TV viewing schedule (USA) - I believe that Peacock will be streaming everything (including opening rounds) live.

Event schedule - I think results will be posted here as well.

Who else is getting excited? Which events and athletes are you the most looking forward to watch?

I live on the East Coast so I’m glad that I will have plenty of time to work out and have dinner before watching it each night (~8:00-11:30pm EST). 😀

ilovepaydays

Live coverage in the 🇺🇸 just started on the USA Network. Tonight it’s basically a bunch of qualifications and round 1s + the Mixed 4x400m relay final.

Allyson Felix should win her last world medal tonight. The 🇺🇸 is favored to win this mixed relay.

Cachoo

I am going to learn why it is called a steeplechase. (Irish origin!)

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Nail Devers commenting on the world feed and for some reason they thought it a good idea to talk about the 1500 metres. :confused:

Karen-W

Is that a coup happening behind that blue curtain?
This thread title is a TERRIBLE pun! It's Orygun! Not Oreegone. ;)

Haven't watched any of this yet - TV hasn't been on the entire time I've been out here at my parents (which is a very strange happening, lol), but I'm hoping to maybe have a chance once I'm back home.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
The Google thing still works for Allison Felix. Glad she was able to hold on for a medal.

I mean I knew this day would come, but it still feels like a major passing of the guard.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Day 2 about to start. Men’s hammer and women’s 10000m finals in the morning session.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
German athlete gets absolutely dunked in the water in the 3000m steeplechase. :yikes:

Wonder if we will get a replay. :slinkaway

ilovepaydays

NBC just aired a replay of the 4x400m mixed relay. Who ever at USATF that put this relay together (especially being that this was Felix’s last race) needs to be fired.

ilovepaydays

The men’s hammer throw final has started. This event always looks insane. I can’t imagine the safety checks that this requires. How are they so sure that this cage will be enough to cover where ALL that the hammer could go? 😱

The women’s 10,000m final is lining up. Thinking either Gidey 🇪🇹, Taye 🇪🇹, or Obiri 🇰🇪 will win this. Hassan 🇳🇱 hasn’t raced any (if at all) this year.

Last edited:

ilovepaydays

YAY for Gidey!!!!! 😃 🇪🇹

Men’s 400m hurdles prelims coming up.

Really looking forward to the women’s 100m prelims and men’s 100m semifinals and final tonight!

ilovepaydays

What on earth are the Polish hammer throwers eating that they are so dominant? Have either their men or women EVER NOT won at least two medals at a Worlds or Olympics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information