2022 World Athletics Championships - Goodby sleep (Y)Oregon(er)

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
What if she ran without hurdles?

Defending World Champions and Diamond League Season Winners have an automatic berth for the next worlds.

Sydney was AMAZING!! 50.68 with hurdles, imagine what time she could have posted in the 400 flat!!! I never saw her running like she did today, totally inspired, focused and delivering one of the greatest performances of all time in Athletics.

And FIRST World titles for Shaunae Miller-Uibo and Michael Norman in the 400 metres, finally getting that elusive individual gold (Miller-Uibo) and that individual medal of any color (Norman)

Australia took the gold in the Women's Javelin, with a surprising silver for the USA and bronze for Japan

Earlier today another history making performance with Kimberly Garcia from Peru taking her second world title winning the 35 Km walk, a week ago she won the 20 Km distance. Both golds are the first ever medals for Peru at this World Stage.

Last edited:

Cachoo

Goodness….problems in the hurdles today! 😯 Four women have fallen so far.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Is that a coup happening behind that blue curtain?
Woohoo! Team 🇺🇸 gold in the Women's 4x100m relay!!! Congratulations to 🇩🇪 for bronze and 🇯🇲 for silver!

Braulio

Men's triple jump Gold for Pedro Pablo Pichardo from Cub... I mean Portugal, yet another triple jumper from Cuba who competes for another country, Silver for Zango of Burkina Faso and Bronze for China.

And after this event, Cuba will be out of the medal table, first time for them at world championships. Irony that their best triple jumpers are competing under other nation's flag. There is another former cuban big promise who already jumped far enough this season but is yet to get Spain citizenship hence could not take part at this Championships.

Germany avoided that already with their 4x100m relay taking bronze medal on a big upset from the USA squad who defeated the power house Jamaica by 0.04

Poor Damian Warner, world title not meant to be for him. Now things looking good for Puerto Rico and the american guys. Watch out for Niklas Kaul (GER) defending world champion who based that title in 2019 in a HUGE second day in the last two events the Javelin and 1500m

Javelin world title for Anderson Peters from Grenada, Silver for Chopra from India and Bronze for czech athlete

Braulio

Andre de Grase ALWAYS get his medal and gives an upset, ALWAYS! after a poor peformance individually but once again thanks to his experience and of course the great team work they always show in the relays take the major title.

Americans suffered yesterday in the last exchange and today it happened again, so there they lost all the momentum.

Canada taking the Gold medal over the USA, a bit of relief after the Damian Warner injury

Bronze fot Great Britain

Braulio

I did not consider the americans the favorites given their history with the exchanges, thing that happened at the Semis and Final but did not cost them a DQ or a DNF.

Yet even with the 100m & 200m sweep but for me they were not the favorites

Wondering what Carl Lewis will say after this loss on Twitter

Last edited:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
The US men’s relay team were absolutely the favourites given how they have dominated the individual events this week. Incredible they still have not gotten their shit together when it comes to the relay.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The US men’s relay team were absolutely the favourites given how they have dominated the individual events this week. Incredible they still have not gotten their shit together when it comes to the relay.
Unlike the women, the US does not require the men to attend relay camp. Abby Steiner got a leg over faster 100 and 200 women because she attended the camp.

As for the men, the US hasn‘t been able to assemble a team with 4-6 trained relay guys since professional track became a thing. It’s not raced on the circuit, so the handoffs are always a crapshoot.

Tesla

Whippet Good
Relays are very different than individual sprints. Especially in the 4x100, how fast you are is second to the handoff. If the US men want to win the 4x100, they need to practice handoffs.

barbk

Relays are very different than individual sprints. Especially in the 4x100, how fast you are is second to the handoff. If the US men want to win the 4x100, they need to practice handoffs.
Swimmers have the advantage of competing in relays from the time they are little. I wish the US would make relay camp a requirement for guys to be named to relay teams. They have blown it so many times.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
For a swimmer, transitions or hand offs aren't anywhere near as complicated as they are in track. But yes, swimmers get tons of practice.

Cachoo

I did not consider the americans the favorites given their history with the exchanges, thing that happened here but did not cost them a DQ or a DNF.

Yet even with the 100m & 200m sweep but for me they were not the favorites

Wondering what Carl Lewis will say after this loss on Twitter
Good point. At least they remained on in the race. But you know they are disappointed with silver. I shouldn’t say it but I’m sure the fourth place team would have loved the bronze. We don’t learn
For a swimmer, transitions or hand offs aren't anywhere near as complicated as they are in track. But yes, swimmers get tons of practice.
The blind hand-offs are rough. Even though the women practiced they still had a bit of a problem. But maybe the practice prevented a dropped baton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information