2019-2020 Fall - Spring TV New/Returning Shows

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Haven't been watching American Idol all season but I do remember Arthur's audition video blowing up on social media and really liking what I saw of him. Don't know anything about the winner but the finale was super awkward all-around. Expected with the limitations, though.

BaileyCatts

You haven't missed much by not watching Idol. Its been horrible once the Hawaii auditions/pre-taped stuff was over and they went "live" (to use the word loosely). The whole last 4 weeks was so awkward doing all the broadcasts from their homes. What is funny to me is that some of these kids that were singing in like their backyards (you could see the other houses close by), how was there never like a random dog barking, or car horn blowing, someone firing up the lawn mower, or just some mean hater dude yelling 'shut the hell up!' when they recorded? :rofl:

But in regards to the finale, spoiler just in case ....
did Arthur's family think he won? First, when Ryan announced the Top 2 and called Arthur's name first, the were popping confetti and celebrating like he had won, and it was only Top 2 announcement. But then when Ryan DID announce the winner, again his screen shot was them celebrating, going crazy like he had won, they cut away from Arthur's shot and never went back to it. It was really awkward, like they thought Arthur won. I hope someone told them he didn't. :lol:

And Sam just sitting in her little hotel room all by herself and no one to celebrate with. :cry:

This whole season was just uh … awful to me. They should have just scrapped it and come back in the Fall with just the Live Rounds of the Top 11 so they could do full production/live performances. I wonder if the results would have ended up different across the whole Top 11 if they would have had that extra 'something' by doing a true 'Live' performance with audience.

And what's all this stuff I'm hearing about Ryan, about something happened in the last 10 minutes when Ryan was announcing Top 2 and Winner? I don't remember anything odd happening and I already deleted it from my DVR. I mean it was awkward and weird (like the whole Live rounds have been), but nothing that struck me as unusual. But he wasn't on Kelly & Ryan this morning either and its not like he was just up late at After Parties or anything so ...… :confused:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
And what's all this stuff I'm hearing about Ryan, about something happened in the last 10 minutes when Ryan was announcing Top 2 and Winner? I don't remember anything odd happening and I already deleted it from my DVR. I mean it was awkward and weird (like the whole Live rounds have been), but nothing that struck me as unusual. But he wasn't on Kelly & Ryan this morning either and its not like he was just up late at After Parties or anything so ...… :confused:

He seemed out of it and had an extremely droopy eye that I didn’t notice the rest of the episode. As far as the winning announcement- it didn’t seem like any of the reaction stuff was live, even with the winner. When he announced the top 2, the other three all kinda just stood there reactionless, and when he announced the winner, it looked like it was filmed to show both of them winning.

BaileyCatts

Wow. I totally didn't notice that at all. Near the end I did kind of notice his pace slowed down a little, but I thought he was just stretching for time so they would go off right at 10p …. and for :drama: effect.

And yeah, the reactions of everyone was just all around …. weird. I hope they just put a lid on all talent shows until we can get back to live audiences and performances. They did the 'remote show must go on thing', I understand why, given the circumstances, that they wanted to keep things going. But it didn't work (in my view anyway) so don't do it again. :D

vgerdes

Agree with everyone who says that this season of Idol was a failed experiment. I haven't really enjoyed any of the "live" episodes since the Hawaii showcase finished. It was like watching a series of weird music videos, with judges' commentary in between. The finale was extremely dull, IMO, and the announcement of the winner was very anticlimactic. I enjoyed the performance of "We Are The World," but that was about it.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday May 24/2020 - Saturday May 30/2020:
https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...of-dates-for-tv-and-streaming-shows?pv=search

Sunday, May 24
BETAAL - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Naked & Afraid XL Season 6 - Discovery - 8 p.m.

Monday, May 25
The Titan Games Season 2 - NBC - 8 p.m. (Two-Hour Premiere)
GRANT - History - 9 p.m. (Two-Episode Premiere)

Tuesday, May 26
HANNAH GADSBY: DOUGLAS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
America's Got Talent Season 15 - NBC - 8 p.m.
World of Dance Season 4 - NBC - 10 p.m.

Wednesday, May 27
JEFFREY EPSTEIN: FILTH - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
LEGENDARY - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
LOONEY TUNES CARTOONS - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
LOVE LIFE - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
THE NOT TOO LATE SHOW WITH ELMO - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
CRAFTOPIA - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
GAME ON! - CBS - 8 p.m.
Married at First Sight: Australia Season 7 - Lifetime - 9 p.m.
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 7 - ABC - 10 p.m.
American Soul Season 2 - BET - 10 p.m.

Friday, May 29
SPACE FORCE - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Somebody Feed Phil Season 3 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
CENTRAL PARK - Apple TV+ - 3:01 a.m.
Ramy Season 2 - Hulu - 3:01 a.m.

Saturday, May 30
THE CAPTIVE NANNY (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.

Please post any updates I may have missed.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I saw an interview that World of Dance finished their entire taping schedule the day before the whole shutdown thing started, so at least there should be no awful 'compete at home' issues with that show.

That's great news. I don't always agree with the judges or the results but that's one reality show that I enjoy watching every summer so I'm excited that we'll get a full summer season. :cheer:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday May 31/2020 - Saturday June 06/2020:
https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...of-dates-for-tv-and-streaming-shows?pv=search

Sunday, May 31
Celebrity Family Feud Season 7 - ABC - 8 p.m.
MY HUSBAND'S DEADLY PAST (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.
Press Your Luck Season 2 - ABC - 9 p.m.
WHO KILLED...: JEFFREY EPSTEIN? - Investigation Discovery - 9 p.m.
LAUREL CANYON - Epix - 10 p.m.
Match Game Season 5 - ABC - 10 p.m.
QUIZ - AMC - 10 p.m.

Monday, June 1
90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way Season 2 - TLC - 9 p.m.
Below Deck Mediterranean Season 5 - Bravo - 9 p.m.

Tuesday, June 2
MAXXX - Hulu - 3:01 a.m.
Dirty John Season 2 - USA - 9 p.m. (Special Time)
Dirty John Season 2 - USA - 10 p.m. (Time Slot Premiere)
Outdaughtered Season 7 - TLC - 9 p.m.
HOUSE HUNTERS: COMEDIANS ON COUCHES - HGTV - 10 p.m.

Thursday, June 4
IN MY SKIN - Hulu - 3:01 a.m.
Mountain Men Season 9 - History - 9 p.m.

Friday, June 5
13 Reasons Why Season 4 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Queer Eye Season 5 - 3:01 a.m.
EL PRESIDENTE - Amazon Prime Video - 3:01 a.m.
DEAR... - Apple TV+ - 3:01 a.m.
RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 5 - Showtime - 8 p.m.
TRACKERS - Cinemax - 10 p.m.

Saturday, June 6
PSYCHO YOGA INSTRUCTOR (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.
COUNTRY AT HEART (TV Movie) - Hallmark - 9 p.m. - 3:01 a.m.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
The final episodes of Fuller House debut on Netflix on June 2.

Also, my DVR picked up Dirty John on May 31 and it says sneak peek. It’s 45 minutes, so I don’t know if it’s the actual premiere?

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Dirty John needs to hurry up and air already because I'm tired of seeing those commercials a hundred times a day on literally every channel I watch since I've been working from home, LMAO :lol: :yikes: :rofl:

Susan1

Dirty John needs to hurry up and air already because I'm tired of seeing those commercials a hundred times a day on literally every channel I watch since I've been working from home, LMAO :lol: :yikes: :rofl:
How is this new? I thought he was killed by her daughter in the parking lot and that was that?

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
How is this new? I thought he was killed by her daughter in the parking lot and that was that?

I never watched the first one but this is a second story about a different murder. Just watch some cable TV one day and you'll see all the commercials you need to tell you about this show, LOL :lol:

Susan1

I never watched the first one but this is a second story about a different murder. Just watch some cable TV one day and you'll see all the commercials you need to tell you about this show, LOL :lol:
I saw one last night. Something about a Betty? Why are they calling it Dirty John? That was his nickname. I watched that series and even the documentary style thing about it. I won't be watching the Betty one.

BaileyCatts

"Dirty John" is simply the name of the series and will focus on a different case/story this season, and if it gets another season it will focus on another case, etc. This season the story is the Betty Broderick case from the 1980s, which is intriguing from all sides. Surely people remember Meredith Baxter Birney in the "A Woman Scorned" made-for-TV movies from the 90s. I will definitely be watching.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday June 07/2020 - Saturday June 13/2020:

Sunday, June 7
74th Annual Tony Awards - CBS - 8 p.m. (Three-Hour Special)
Quiz - AMC - 9 p.m. (Time Slot Premiere)
Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted Season 2 - Nat Geo - 10 p.m.
I MAY DESTROY YOU - HBO - 10:30 a.m.

Monday, June 8
L.A.'s Finest Season 2 - Spectrum - 3:01 a.m.
The Bachelor: The Greatest Seasons Ever! - ABC - 8 p.m.

Tuesday, June 9
Good Bones Season 5 - HGTV - 9 p.m.

Wednesday, June 10
LENOX HILL - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Bulletproof Season 2 - The CW - 9 p.m.

Thursday, June 11
DON'T - ABC - 9 p.m.
Double Shot at Love with DJ Pauly D & Vinny Season 2 - MTV - 9 p.m.
Alone Season 7 - History - 10 p.m.
The Bold Type Season 4 Summer Premiere - Freeform - 10 p.m.

Friday, June 12
CROSSING SWORDS - Hulu - 3:01 a.m.
F is for Family - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts Season 2 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
Pokémon The Series Season 23 - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.
THE WOODS - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.

Saturday, June 13
DEADLY EXPOSE (TV Movie) - Lifetime - 8 p.m.
GAME FACE - Nickelodeon - 8:30 p.m.
LOVE IN THE FORECAST (TV Movie) - Hallmark - 9 p.m.

Susan1

"TVLine has learned that the iconic Alex Trebek-hosted game show — which halted production roughy three months ago due to the coronavirus pandemic — will air its last original episode on Friday, June 12. Reruns begin airing on Monday, June 15 and will continue until the show deems it safe to resume production. "

Don't they show reruns most of the summer usually anyway? The Teachers' Tournament was taped in February. I was afraid they would have to stop early anyway when Alex got sick. They mentioned once back then that they had enough episodes to go till Christmas or something.

love skating

Clueless American
I saw a promo for ESPN's 30 for 30 - this Sunday June 7th. The episode is called Be Water and is about Bruce Lee. Looks interesting.

sk8pics

I saw on my DVR there is a new episode of Dr. Jeff Rocky Mountain Vet this Saturday and I was all excited, because I like that show so much. Turns out it's just one special episode and then they won't be back until the fall. Meh.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm getting a lot of "new" episodes on my DVR that are really just old episodes with "behind the scenes" stuff added. Or the host having a watch party and "watching" with you.

Blech to most of them.

BaileyCatts

Was anyone watching "Quiz", that ended last night?

I didn't really hear about this story until several years after it happened. I know there was a documentary made about it, but never saw that either. So really my only knowledge of this whole story is what I saw on Quiz. Is there anyone here who lived in the UK at the time so saw all the details as the story unfolded, or anyone who really followed this event well? Do you think they cheated? Based on what I saw on this show, I'm not really sure. Their lawyer put up some good arguments, especially about the tape and how they made multiple copies only isolating the coughs they wanted to point out (at least I'm assuming they didn't dramatize this part too much from the truth of the real trial). He had a good point about the audience groaning on the music question (again assuming this actually happened during the show), he was an engineer so should have known that question about the googol, and if he really took the Mensa test and was accepted, well he ain't exactly stupid (like me :D ). So to people who followed this story back when it happened, do you think they cheated?

And also ..... did some little prick really fckuing shoot their dog? :mad:

BaileyCatts

...... And also ..... did some little prick really fckuing shoot their dog? :mad:

Quoting myself because this made me so mad watching the show, yes, people really did beat their dog and killed him and shot their cat with an air pistol! What the ever loving fcku! What kind of sick assed people beat and kill someone's pets because they may or may not have cheated on a stupid game show!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Speaking to BBC News in 2007, Charles said: "Our dog was kicked and punched by six youths and subsequently died.

"Our cat was shot with an air pistol."

This evening, he confirmed on Twitter that the cat, Buffy, survived the attack after an operation.

Susan1

You guys are so smart - Waaaay out there t.v question (and yes I've looked up every combination of words) - I'm picturing an episode of something that was on t.v. (bear with me!) back in the 60s or 70s with an American Indian head growing on someone's shoulder or out of the side of their neck or something. I swear. It's not the movie Manitou (that's all the internet comes up with). It was a whole real head of a person. It wasn't a whole movie about it? I was thinking Night Gallery, but I don't see an episode description that matches? It was in color so not Twilight Zone or Outer Limits. Part of one of those trilogies, like that creepy little African doll that chased Karen Black around her apartment that scared me to death (still would)? No, I'm not on drugs. ha ha Things get in my head that won't get out till they are solved.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday June 21/2020 - Saturday June 27/2020:

Sunday, June 21
The Chi Season 3 - Showtime - 9 p.m.
PERRY MASON - HBO - 9 p.m.
NOS4A2 Season 2 - AMC, BBC America - 10 p.m.
Yellowstone Season 3 - Paramount Network - 9 p.m.

Monday, June 22
Penn & Teller: Fool Us Season 7 - The CW - 9 p.m.

Tuesday, June 23
ERIC ANDRE: LEGALIZE EVERYTHING - Netflix - 3:01 a.m.

Thursday, June 25
Doom Patrol Season 2 - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
Esme & Roy Season 2 - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
Search Party Season 3 - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
Adventure Time: Distant Lands BMO - HBO Max - 3:01 a.m.
The Twilight Zone Season 2 - CBS All Access - 3:01 a.m.

Friday, June 26
INTO THE UNKNOWN: MAKING FROZEN 2 - Disney+ - 3:01 a.m.

Skate Talker

If anyone checks out Perry Mason on HBO (USA) or Crave (Canada) I would appreciate a review. From the ads it looks like he is an investigator and not a lawyer. I also saw on IMDB that it's set in 1932 so a few decades before the iconic Raymond Burr TV series of the 60's.

Susan1

Too early for fall shows?

In the comments, people are asking where 9-1-1 and The Resident are on fox. I watch those too.

Big Sky on ABC is based on a C. J. Box novel, The Highway. That one was too creepy. I like his Joe Pickett books.

"The show will focus on private detectives Cassie Dewell and Cody Hoyt, who team up with Cody’s estranged wife, Jenny, to search for two sisters who have been kidnapped by a truck driver on a remote road in Montana. The detectives soon find out those aren’t the only girls who have disappeared, racing against time to stop the killer."

skatemomaz

Resist

BaileyCatts

How are TV shows even going to have new episodes ready to go in the Fall though? I thought all TV and movies productions were still shut down. I read an article about Dancing with the Stars will be back in the Fall but again, how they gonna do that because of the BB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information