2018 Fall-Spring TV New/Returning Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skate Talker

Thanks for the notes, @mpal2. I was kind of iffy about giving this a shot even before hearing this. Maybe I will try to fast forward through those parts and see if there is anything left to hold it together.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday March 03/2019 - Saturday March 09/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, March 3
7:30 p.m. - Bob's Burgers Season 9 - Fox (New Time Slot)
8 p.m. - American Idol Season 17 - ABC
8 p.m. - World of Dance Season 3 - NBC (Time Slot Premiere)
8:30 p.m. - Family Guy Season 17- Fox (New Time Slot)
9 p.m. - Cosmos: Possible Worlds (Season 2) - Fox
10 p.m. - Good Girls Season 2 - NBC
10 p.m. - Shark Tank Season 10 - ABC (New Time Slot)

Tuesday, March 5
8 p.m. - Masterchef Junior Season 7 - Fox
9 p.m. - MENTAL SAMURAI - Fox

Wednesday, March 6
9 p.m. - The Real Housewives of New York City Season 11 - Bravo

Thursday, March 7
8 p.m. - Superstore Season 4 Spring Premiere
8:30 p.m. - A.P. Bio Season 2 - NBC
9 p.m. - Station 19 Season 2 Spring Premiere - ABC
10 p.m. - For the People Season 2 - ABC

Friday, March 8
12:01 a.m. PT - AFTER LIFE - Netflix
12:01 a.m. PT - Tin Star Season 2 - Amazon

Saturday, March 9
8 p.m. - LOVE UNDER THE RAINBOW (TV Movie) - Hallmark

Please post any updates I may have missed.

VGThuy

Catching up on the latest season of Broad City and God I love this show. New York really is its own character in this show. Soo many ten or so years ago said NYC was a character in Sex and the City but honestly, Broad City is the New York I think most people know at least these days.

VGThuy

@VIETgrlTerifa off topic but ... where did the quote from Gabriella P. come from in your signature line?

It was an old ice network article that no longer exists, but if you copy and paste that quote you'll see a blurb on Google.

Let me know if this archived link works:

http://archive.is/ia4Kx

Full quote:
"Our first Junior Grand Prix took place in Lake Placid, three seasons ago (2010). We ended last. The winners were Maia and Alex Shibutani, and we regarded them as living gods," Papadakis told me after they won their first JGP, in Courchevel, France, in 2013. "Now we are sitting at the spot that was theirs at the time. It feels strange."

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday March 10/2019 - Saturday March 16/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, March 10
8 a.m. - Star vs. the Forces of Evil Season 4 - Disney (One-Hour Season Premiere)
8 p.m. - American Gods Season 2 - Starz
9 p.m. - NOW APOCALYPSE - Starz
9 p.m. - THE CASE AGAINST ADNAN SYED - HBO

Monday, March 11
10 p.m. - PUNK - Epix

Wednesday, March 13
8 p.m. - Empire Season 5 Spring Premiere - Fox
9 p.m. - Star Season 3 Spring Premiere - Fox

Thursday, March 14
12:01 a.m. PT - The Good Fight Season 3 - CBS All Access
8 p.m. - Project Runway Season 17 - Bravo

Friday, March 15
12:01 a.m. PT - SHRILL - Hulu (Episodes 101-106 Available)
12:01 a.m. PT - TURN UP CHARLIE - Netflix
10 p.m. - I AM RICHARD PRYOR - Paramount Network (90-Minute Special Presentation)

Saturday, March 16
8 p.m. - Trading Spaces Season 10 - TLC

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I’m sure Empire is going to pull massive numbers the first few weeks.

And I see Project Runway is coming back before All-Stars finishes. Completely new cast (eta- I see Nina actually is returning) and back to Bravo. Hope the shifting works in their favor.

LeafOnTheWind

I know I wrote a negative review of The Enemy Within earlier but I went ahead and gave the 2nd episode a chance. I like the actress from Dexter and really wanted this show to work. It didn't improve and just clarified the problem I'm having with the show. I apologize in advance for the length but there's a lot of problems. :lol:

I think the #1 problem leading to all others is that they didn't have enough courage to write a despicable character and still have us love watching her. House MD would be a successful example where they wrote a really hateful character that no one would want to be around in real life. Yet, in spite of that, we loved the show.

The Enemy Within wants us to like the main character so they tried to fix their character's treasonous flaws by giving her the story line of protecting her child. The errors and missteps in character development keep snowballing from there which make me dislike all the characters. And, because I no longer like any of the characters, the other flaws in the show jump out at me. I might have forgiven the other flaws if the characters were likable.

Shepherd is supposed to be genius smart to the point of pulling a Sherlock and noticing things other people miss. But every decision around her child just ends up making her look really stupid. In the end I just wish they never wrote in a daughter at all because the vast majority of problems would disappear once the daughter is out of the picture.

Warning: From this point forward there might be spoilers.

Shepherd wouldn't tell people she was under duress to save her child. I already mentioned this as not making any sense to me. Her daughter only knows that her mother is a traitor and no one knows why. She hasn't been able to talk to her mother for 3 years and she had to move with her father and change schools. I think knowing her mother committed treason to save her life would be less painful for the daughter than the current situation. Plus I don't see how changing schools would make the bullying from other students any better. It was national news. There is literally nowhere they could go other than another country to get away from everyone thinking mom is a traitorous evil being.

The first conversation with her daughter was poorly written and acted. There wasn't any underlying tension from the daughter about what she really wanted to ask. It was all love and kisses and then a sudden switch to questioning why her mother committed treason and a round of I hate you. The agent working with Shepherd is abruptly switching back and forth between actively hating her and feeling sorry for her too. Add to the mix that Shepherd is crying all the time about her daughter. Then you add into the mix that another female agent is in love with Will (agent working with Shepherd) and she keeps mooning over him. I'm watching this show to see a mystery spy show. I don't want This is Us drama getting in the way.

The bad guy has moles and secret agents everywhere. In fact he has a history of using family members against his enemies. When Shepherd was in charge of investigating him she never had a protective detail around her family. Bad guy was able to threaten the daughter because having a normal life is apparently more important than protecting her life to begin with. Shepherd keeps saying she won't help with the investigation until they provide protection for her daughter yet she openly walks around with the agents and insists on accompanying them to investigation sites. She's the only that will know what they need to look for when she sees it. So all this time her daughter still isn't under protection and her life is still in danger.

The other show's flaws related to the bad guy with secret agents everywhere. They work in an open office and have vital evidence showing on a giant screen. Anyone walking by can take a photo and give the bad guy a heads up. In fact one of his moles did that exact thing. They also have people standing in public places yelling at the agent that he shouldn't be working with that traitorous Shepherd. See above regarding her daughter being in danger for helping with the investigation.

I promise it will be my last review because I have taken it out of my viewing queues. I just can't watch anymore with this show.

BaileyCatts

I watched the first episode of The Enemy Within. It could be interesting to watch but I'm having major issues with the reason why Erica Shepherd turned traitor.

The terrorist showed her live video of her daughter (Hannah) and said he would kill her unless Erica gave him the names of 4 FBI agents chasing him. Erica gives the names but then never tells anyone she was under duress. She doesn't want her daughter to feel like four people died because of her. :huh: So having the entire world think her mother is a traitor and never being able to speak to her again is the better alternative to knowing her mother gave the names to save her life?

I finally watched the first two and I totally agree with you on the reason why! That is exactly what I thought and I had not even opened your spoiler since I had not watched it yet. Very lame reasoning. The second episode was eh ... I'll watch tonight still but if it doesn't pick up I may end up dropping this show.

BaileyCatts

Good Girls ... going back to the first episode since I just watched the first 2 again: that all of a 15 second scene when Stan walks in the house and lays that evidence bag on the table and just looks at Ruby and walks away ... OMG I burst out in tears! The way he walked in, the look on his face, the way he laid that bag on the table, his body language, the tenseness (is that word?) of the scene ..... wow. :wuzrobbed

ACTING!!!!! :drama::drama::drama::drama::encore::encore::encore::encore:

LeafOnTheWind

Has anyone been watching The Orville?

It is filled with Seth MacFarlane humor but he has been covering a lot of serious plot lines. For example there is a race of men only. The couple had a child that was born a daughter. The planet's custom is to perform surgery on the baby to make it normal. One of the parents wanted the surgery and the other was against it causing marital problems further down the line. They ended up in a court of law to decide the baby's fate.

This is only one of many plot lines that I don't normally see in any dramas, much less comedies today. So the humor can be crude but I applaud the risk he's willing to take.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I just finished S1 of Timeless on Hulu (thank you @HeatherC for always tweeting so enthusiastically about it and inspiring me to watch!), and I absolutely love it. I'm sad there's only a short S2 to get through next. I'm relearning many things I'd forgotten from my history classes in school. :D

I am SOOOOO glad that you enjoyed it so much! Season two is also really good (I learned a TON of interesting historical stuff in that season) and don't forget about the finale movie that you'll have to watch as well. Its such a great show and I will never stop wishing for more seasons of it. So good! :swoon:

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Has anyone been watching The Orville?

It is filled with Seth MacFarlane humor but he has been covering a lot of serious plot lines. For example there is a race of men only. The couple had a child that was born a daughter. The planet's custom is to perform surgery on the baby to make it normal. One of the parents wanted the surgery and the other was against it causing marital problems further down the line. They ended up in a court of law to decide the baby's fate.

This is only one of many plot lines that I don't normally see in any dramas, much less comedies today. So the humor can be crude but I applaud the risk he's willing to take.
Me - I thought I would hate it, but I actually ended up loving it.

Seth McFarlane's usual style of humour just isn't really my thing, but I find The Orville to be a good mix of light-hearted, funny, yet also serious. The humour is sometimes crude, but in small enough doses that I actually find it funny, instead of feeling like I'm being hit over the head with it.

It's a really quirky show, and has come up with some creative ways to talk about some timely and serious subject matter.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Me - I thought I would hate it, but I actually ended up loving it.
Usually I love this stuff. But I hate that show so much. The way the people behave on the show is nothing like how it would be real life and the acting is so brittle and/or wooden.

I try to avoid it but my husband watches and lately he hasn't been managing to watch it when I'm at work. :mad:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
Count me in as a "The Orville" watcher. I usually watch it on Hulu though. I like the replacement for Alara better.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday March 17/2019 - Saturday March 23/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, March 17
9 p.m. - Billions Season 4 - Showtime

Monday, March 18
8 p.m. - American Idol Season 17 - ABC (Time Slot Premiere)
9 p.m. - 9-1-1 Season 2 Spring Premiere - Fox
10 p.m. - THE FIX - ABC

Tuesday, March 19
9 p.m. - MENTAL SAMURAI - Fox
10 p.m. - THE VILLAGE - NBC
10 p.m. - Tosh.0 Season 11 - Comedy Central
10 p.m. - The Jim Jeffries Show Season 3 - Comedy Central

Wednesday, March 20
12:01 a.m. PT - THE ACT - Hulu
12:01 a.m. PT - Step Up: High Water Season 2 - YouTube
8:00 p.m. - PRETTY LITTLE LIARS: THE PERFECTIONISTS - Freeform

Saturday, March 23
8 p.m. - The 2019 Kids' Choice Awards - Nickelodeon

BaileyCatts

Whiskey Cavalier .... .is anyone watching? I like this show. Its funny. Oh sure the stories are a little outrageous but most spy story/government agent type shows are. But the characters are funny, the writing has a lot of quick wit, and the cast meshes well and delivers a great show. I love it!

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Whiskey Cavalier .... .is anyone watching? I like this show. Its funny. Oh sure the stories are a little outrageous but most spy story/government agent type shows are. But the characters are funny, the writing has a lot of quick wit, and the cast meshes well and delivers a great show. I love it!
I don't necessarily see me finishing the whole season, but each week I decide to leave it on my dvr to record the next episode. So it's already gotten further than I expected.

chantilly

I want to watch it because I love the leads and some of the dialogue seems cute if not a bit cliche or contrived.

But in general I find regular network tv dramas pale in comparison to streaming service content

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I checked out The Village tonight and I REALLY enjoyed it. The cast is very appealing (I love Warren Christie :swoon: ), I found myself drawn into the characters various stories, and I really love the concept of this building of tenants becoming a family. This show is right up my alley (I love a great family drama) and I'm looking forward to the next episode. Did anyone else check it out tonight? :)

And I agree with @manhn that next week's This Is Us is gonna kill me too. :fragile: :wuzrobbed

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I checked out The Village tonight and I REALLY enjoyed it. The cast is very appealing (I love Warren Christie :swoon: ), I found myself drawn into the characters various stories, and I really love the concept of this building of tenants becoming a family. This show is right up my alley (I love a great family drama) and I'm looking forward to the next episode. Did anyone else check it out tonight? :)

And I agree with @manhn that next week's This Is Us is gonna kill me too. :fragile: :wuzrobbed

I recorded it since I was watching Worlds. I'm looking forward to it!

Susan1

This is Us is going to kill me next week.
I went to look at the online guide to see why next week's show was going to make people cry. This is what it said (the generic description that I see now and then): "A group of strangers are affected by life's unexpected events when their paths cross and life's journeys intersect in unlikely ways, revealing shared attributes." Uh, what? Maybe somebody got that out of seeing a picture of the cast somewhere? Group of strangers? Shared attributes? Is that the English translation of parents of twins adopting a black baby who has the same birthday, and they show this same family at all different ages? It's like those funny translations of signs that don't mean the same thing in English.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday March 24/2019 - Saturday March 30/2019: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, March 24
10 p.m. - Into the Badlands Season 3 Spring Premiere - AMC (Special Night)

Monday, March 25
8 p.m. - JESUS: HIS LIFE - History
10 p.m. - Into the Badlands Season 3 - AMC (Time Slot Premiere)
10 p.m. - Knightfall Season 2 - History

Wednesday, March 27
9 p.m. - MILLION DOLLAR MILE - CBS
9 p.m. - Jane the Virgin Season 5 - The CW
10 p.m. - Happy! Season 2 - Syfy
10 p.m. - WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS - FX

Thursday, March 28
9:30 p.m. - ABBY'S - NBC

Friday, March 29
12:01 a.m. PT - OSMOSIS - Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information