2018 Fall-Spring TV New/Returning Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafOnTheWind

Tim definitely wished he could go back and treat Eric better after he met Robbie and Kenzi. In fact he did try but it was too late. I give him credit for being able to learn from his mistakes and feel he made a lot of personal growth in how he relates to others. I love how Tim told Robbie that he was a hero and I really think those two had a major influence on him. The Robbie/Kenzi duo is by far my favorite along with Terry in how they treated others. If any one of those three had met Eric, I think he would have stayed. The loneliness got him.

I don't think Angel left because of Richard or Sawyer. Angel seemed to be getting along well with the 1st guy he met. I can't remember which one was first. He wanted to get back to his brother who was in the hospital. He felt guilty about leaving someone to survive alone so when they met up with the other guy, Angel decided it was ok to leave then. I think he was really struggling with being there in the first place after his brother got shot.

A few more resources would have been nice. Sawyer and Richard seemed like they would be decent enough people if resources weren't so slim. The fear of survival made them stingy and miserly. What a huge contrast to Robbie and Kenzie. I also kind of felt like Matt was useless and expecting a lot from them. He did try to learn things but he also seemed to demand that they carry him too. It was just a bad mix of personalities no matter how you look at it.

I think (Sawyer's/Richard's?) drug addict brother really impacted the reaction to Matt too. There was already a lot of resentment built up to someone who was always needing something and expecting others to fix their problems. The irritation does rub off on others when they start needing too. I feel for both sides in that match up. I do hope that the final attitude they all had about surviving together instead of pitted against each other stuck.

All in all I would watch another season of this if they decide to do it again.

ETA: I wish they had done a follow-up on those that had to leave early. They only said what happened to those rescued when they returned to civilization. (BTW, go Robbie!) I want to know how everyone else is. The show treats them as if they died on the island and their lives didn't go on. I don't like that at all.

Last edited:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday September 23/2018 - Saturday September 29/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Sunday, September 23
8 p.m. - 9-1-1 Season 2 - Fox (Special Night and Time, Two-Part Premiere)

Monday, September 24
8 p.m. - The Big Bang Theory Season 12 - CBS (Special Night)
8 p.m. - Dancing with the Stars Season 27 - ABC
8 p.m. - The Resident Season 2 - Fox
8 p.m. - The Voice Season 15 - NBC
8 p.m. - JANE FONDA IN FIVE ACTS - HBO (Special Presentation)
8:30 p.m. - Young Sheldon Season 2 - CBS (Special Night)
9 p.m. - 9-1-1 Season 2 - Fox (Time Slot Premiere, Two-Part Premiere)
9 p.m. - MAGNUM P.I. (Reboot) - CBS
10 p.m. - Bull Season 3 - CBS
10 p.m. - The Good Doctor Season 2 - ABC
10 p.m. - MANIFEST - NBC

Tuesday, September 25
8 p.m. - The Gifted Season 2 - Fox
8 p.m. - NCIS Season 16 - CBS
8 p.m. - The Voice Season 15 - NBC (Time Slot Premiere)
9 p.m. - FBI - CBS
9 p.m. - Lethal Weapon Season 3 - Fox
9 p.m. - This Is Us Season 3 - NBC
9 p.m. - Life Below Zero Season 11 - NatGeo
10 p.m. - NCIS: New Orleans Season 5 - CBS
10 p.m. - NEW AMSTERDAM - NBC

Wednesday, September 26
8 p.m. - Survivor Season 37 - CBS (90-Minute Premiere)
8 p.m. - The Goldbergs Season 6 - ABC
8 p.m. - Empire Season 5 - Fox
8 p.m. - Chicago Med Season 4 - NBC
8:30 p.m. - American Housewife Season 3 - ABC
9 p.m. - Chicago Fire Season 7 - NBC
9 p.m. - Modern Family Season 10 - ABC
9 p.m. - Star Season 3 - Fox
9:31 p.m. - SINGLE PARENTS - ABC
10 p.m. - Chicago PD Season 6 - NBC
10 p.m. - A MILLION LITTLE THINGS - ABC
10 p.m. - South Park Season 22 - Comedy Central
10: 30 p.m. - BoJack Horseman Season 1 - Comedy Central (Linear TV Premiere)

Thursday, September 27
8 p.m. - The Big Bang Theory Season 12 - CBS (Time Slot Premiere)
8 p.m. - The Good Place Season 2 - NBC (Special Time, One-Hour Premiere)
8 p.m. - Grey's Anatomy Season 15 - ABC (Two-Hour Premiere)
8:31 p.m. - Young Sheldon Season 2 - CBS (Time Slot Premiere)
9 p.m. - Law & Order: SVU Season 20 - NBC (Special Time, Two-Hour Premiere)
9 p.m. - Mom Season 6 - CBS
9:30 p.m. - MURPHY BROWN (Revival) - CBS
10 p.m. - How to Get Away with Murder Season 5 - CBS
10 p.m. - S.W.A.T. Season 2 - CBS

Friday, September 28
8 p.m. - Last Man Standing Season 7 - Fox (New Network)
8 p.m. - MacGyver Season 3 - CBS
8:30 p.m. - THE COOL KIDS - Fox
9 p.m. - Hawaii Five-0 Season 9 - CBS
9 p.m. - Hell's Kitchen Season 18 - Fox
10 p.m. - Blue Bloods Season 9 - CBS
10 p.m. - Dateline NBC Season 28 - NBC

Saturday, September 29
9 p.m. - 48 Hours Season 31 - CBS (Special Time, Two-Hour Premiere)

Please post any updates I may have missed.

Susan1

New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday September 23/2018 - Saturday September 29/2018: https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...re-schedule-dates-for-new-and-returning-shows

Wednesday, September 26

From the two commercials I have seen - somebody committed suicide and "he should be here", it sounds like it's The Big Chill for the 2010s (without the cool soundtrack!).

I've seen that movie so many times, I can recite the whole thing along with the actors.

BaileyCatts

^^^ You have only seen 2 commercials for A Million Little Things?! You must not watch ABC that often. ;) I saw this commercial once and thought well, its a total rip-off of This is Us, but I like James Roday and Ron Livingston so I'll watch it. Then I saw the commercial again, and again, and again, and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again ..... times 1000000. I have the TV on all the time, even if I'm on the computer, and one day I saw it 7 times before I went to bed. I am now so sick of it, I am so turned off by the show that I am not going to watch it. Not even going to give it a shot. Its like they took every single depressing thing you can think of and built it into all the characters to make a 'touchy feely make you cry ABC version of This Is Us'. Sorry ABC, but your marketing campaign backfired for me! I'll be watching Chicago PD and won't have to worry about recording another show. :blah:

Could they make it any more a copy/depressing .... One guy who 'had it all' kills himself in the opening and his whole story is told thru flashbacks (come on, that is a total rip except for the kills himself part) while his broken wife and moody teenage daughter struggle with 'why'. One is a stay-at-home dad struggling with sobriety while his wife works a high profile job and struggles with having to provide the finances for the family versus being with them. One guy is battling male breast cancer and hooks up with a hippie type free-spirit girl who just also conveniently happens to be a therapist who works with depressed people and meets his friends ... who are dealing with the suicide of their 'he had a perfect life' friend. Another couple (the "Beth and Randall" copy) deal with a mid-life crisis and unfulfilled career aspirations not doing the work they always hoped they'd be doing. Yeah .... I'm out!!!!!

:violin::violin::violin:

Last edited:

PeterG

Sunday, September 23
8 p.m. - 9-1-1 Season 2 - Fox (Special Night and Time, Two-Part Premiere)

Monday, September 24
8 p.m. - The Big Bang Theory Season 12 - CBS (Special Night)
8 p.m. - Dancing with the Stars Season 27 - ABC
8 p.m. - The Resident Season 2 - Fox
8 p.m. - The Voice Season 15 - NBC
8 p.m. - JANE FONDA IN FIVE ACTS - HBO (Special Presentation)
8:30 p.m. - Young Sheldon Season 2 - CBS (Special Night)
9 p.m. - 9-1-1 Season 2 - Fox (Time Slot Premiere, Two-Part Premiere)
9 p.m. - MAGNUM P.I. (Reboot) - CBS
10 p.m. - Bull Season 3 - CBS
10 p.m. - The Good Doctor Season 2 - ABC
10 p.m. - MANIFEST - NBC

Tuesday, September 25
8 p.m. - The Gifted Season 2 - Fox
8 p.m. - NCIS Season 16 - CBS
8 p.m. - The Voice Season 15 - NBC (Time Slot Premiere)
9 p.m. - FBI - CBS
9 p.m. - Lethal Weapon Season 3 - Fox
9 p.m. - This Is Us Season 3 - NBC
9 p.m. - Life Below Zero Season 11 - NatGeo
10 p.m. - NCIS: New Orleans Season 5 - CBS
10 p.m. - NEW AMSTERDAM - NBC

Wednesday, September 26
8 p.m. - Survivor Season 37 - CBS (90-Minute Premiere)
8 p.m. - The Goldbergs Season 6 - ABC
8 p.m. - Empire Season 5 - Fox
8 p.m. - Chicago Med Season 4 - NBC
8:30 p.m. - American Housewife Season 3 - ABC
9 p.m. - Chicago Fire Season 7 - NBC
9 p.m. - Modern Family Season 10 - ABC
9 p.m. - Star Season 3 - Fox
9:31 p.m. - SINGLE PARENTS - ABC
10 p.m. - Chicago PD Season 6 - NBC
10 p.m. - South Park Season 22 - Comedy Central
10: 30 p.m. - BoJack Horseman Season 1 - Comedy Central (Linear TV Premiere)

Thursday, September 27
8 p.m. - The Big Bang Theory Season 12 - CBS (Time Slot Premiere)
8 p.m. - The Good Place Season 2 - NBC (Special Time, One-Hour Premiere)
8 p.m. - Grey's Anatomy Season 15 - ABC (Two-Hour Premiere)
8:31 p.m. - Young Sheldon Season 2 - CBS (Time Slot Premiere)
9 p.m. - Law & Order: SVU Season 20 - NBC (Special Time, Two-Hour Premiere)
9 p.m. - Mom Season 6 - CBS
9:30 p.m. - MURPHY BROWN (Revival) - CBS
10 p.m. - How to Get Away with Murder Season 5 - CBS
10 p.m. - S.W.A.T. Season 2 - CBS

Friday, September 28
8 p.m. - Last Man Standing Season 7 - Fox (New Network)
8 p.m. - MacGyver Season 3 - CBS
8:30 p.m. - THE COOL KIDS - Fox
9 p.m. - Hawaii Five-0 Season 9 - CBS
9 p.m. - Hell's Kitchen Season 18 - Fox
10 p.m. - Blue Bloods Season 9 - CBS
10 p.m. - Dateline NBC Season 28 - NBC

Saturday, September 29
9 p.m. - 48 Hours Season 31 - CBS (Special Time, Two-Hour Premiere)

Please post any updates I may have missed.

And all of a sudden...BAM!!! The new TV season is here! :lol:

BaileyCatts

I'm on the fence about continuing to watch Lethal Weapon after the whole Clayne Crawford thing went down because I believe the whole thing started because Damon was just flat out jealous of how Clayne sort of became the draw and star for the show. And I cared way more about Martin's story than I did about Roger's. Still thinking about this one.

Definitely looking forward to The Rookie and Manifest. I loved Murphy Brown in the 90's but I don't think I am going to be able to watch ... I get enough vitriol just watching the news that it pisses me off the rest of the night, I don't think I can get thru a 30 minute show that's talking about those very things that piss me off already so I'm taking a pass on that one. So glad they are finally running all the Chicago shows on one night! I'll give New Amsterdam a shot because I like Ryan Eggold, I just hope it doesn't get too 'preachy'. And I believe I've already made my feelings known about A Million Little Things. :rofl:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
This week, I'm only looking forward to "The Gift Season 2". I really don't have as much TV time as I use to. Curious about the "Murphy Brown" revival. I want to watch "Manifest" but kinda sure it will only last about 8 episodes, not sure I want to invest the time. Excited for The CW shows to start. Love, love, love "American Horror Story: Apocalypse"...so far. I like "Fear The Walking Dead" this season (major cast changes), and can't wait for "The Walking Dead" in less than 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Susan1

^^^ You have only seen 2 commercials for A Million Little Things?! You must not watch ABC that often. ;) I saw this commercial once and thought well, its a total rip-off of This is Us, but I like James Roday and Ron Livingston so I'll watch it. Then I saw the commercial again, and again, and again, and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again ..... times 1000000. I have the TV on all the time, even if I'm on the computer, and one day I saw it 7 times before I went to bed. I am now so sick of it, I am so turned off by the show that I am not going to watch it. Not even going to give it a shot. Its like they took every single depressing thing you can think of and built it into all the characters to make a 'touchy feely make you cry ABC version of This Is Us'. Sorry ABC, but your marketing campaign backfired for me! I'll be watching Chicago PD and won't have to worry about recording another show. :blah:

Could they make it any more a copy/depressing .... One guy who 'had it all' kills himself in the opening and his whole story is told thru flashbacks (come on, that is a total rip except for the kills himself part) while his broken wife and moody teenage daughter struggle with 'why'. One is a stay-at-home dad struggling with sobriety while his wife works a high profile job and struggles with having to provide the finances for the family versus being with them. One guy is battling male breast cancer and hooks up with a hippie type free-spirit girl who just also conveniently happens to be a therapist who works with depressed people and meets his friends ... who are dealing with the suicide of their 'he had a perfect life' friend. Another couple (the "Beth and Randall" copy) deal with a mid-life crisis and unfulfilled career aspirations not doing the work they always hoped they'd be doing. Yeah .... I'm out!!!!!

:violin::violin::violin:

Tell us how you really feel! ;-)
I really don't pay that much attention to commercials. I don't know if I've watched anything on ABC this summer. But I have noticed that commercials for new major network shows are on other cable channels too. I mostly DVR stuff and FF through commercials, or I flip channels. It's just the two different times I wasn't flipping, those two things stuck out and reminded me of The Big Chill (which is saved in my DVR and I'll have to watch again now!). They all get together for Alex's funeral after he kills himself, but he didn't have a "perfect life".

My friend Shauna saw it in the theater, then told me about it. Then we went one afternoon (summer). Then my boyfriend and I went to see it the next Saturday night. And he bought me the VCR tape for Christmas when we were married. Since I've not had a VCR anymore, I recorded it and kept it when I had Time Warner, and now AT&T too. And I will watch it when it is on a cable channel, even it I notice it is on in the middle. I can even supply the cuss words that they bleep out on some of the channels.

There was even a series based on the movie back then that didn't last long. I remember not liking it. I always wanted them to make a 5-10-20 year reunion movie to find out how their lives went.

Back to t.v. - I don't like the Chicago shows to all be on one night. I'll watch Med and DVR Fire and PD anyway. Manifest is repeated at 8 p.m. on Friday nights, whatever night it is originally on. If I end up liking it, I'll DVR that one. I can only DVR and watch four things at once. And if something is on at 8:00, it's DVR/watching time bleeds over into whatever is on at 9:00, etc. so that counts as two at a time right there. And watching something already DVRd counts as another! If I DVR two things at 9 and two things at 10, that's four things between 9:59 and 10:01 (and sometimes things are actually scheduled past 10:01) and whatever I'm watching, it won't let me change the channel! Weird.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I still watch most of my TV shows live so yeah, some of us do sit through commercials (I usually use those for bathroom breaks or refreshing of a drink). No big deal for me b-c I'm usually working on something while watching my shows and can tune out the commercials pretty easily. :p

And for the record, I HATE the Chicago shows all being on one night. I personally think that's gonna backfire big time on NBC. I know a lot of other fans who aren't happy about it either. :wall:

The only new shows that I'm checking out this season are Manifest and A Million Little Things. I may check out Single Parents at some point (it's gotten good reviews) but I'm gonna wait to see how that one goes before I commit to it.

ballettmaus

Why does everyone hate to have the Chicago shows on one night? I wondered why they didn't do that. Now that they're doing it, I'm not watching anymore. I don't really like what they've done to PD, Fire has gotten too repetitive for me and I was never much of a medical TV show fan, so when I stopped watching the first two, I kind of stopped watching the other by default.

PeterG

Well, I won’t pay for ad-free Hulu. :shuffle:;)

My DVR is great. I record everything and when I watch the program later and when the commercials come on, I just press the "next" button and it skips over all the commercials. :respec:

I still watch most of my TV shows live...

I've learned to NEVER watch anything live. Hard to understand dialogue...a surprise moment...something I didn't pay close enough attention to...a beautiful moment that has to be watched twice... If you don't record a program, you're screwed in each scenario. But sometimes I watch something 15 minutes after it starts. An hour long program is only 45 minutes long, after all.

Why does everyone hate to have the Chicago shows on one night?

I have no idea. You record them all on Wednesday. You watch one of them on Thursday, the other on Saturday and the other on Monday. Zero problem. :cheer:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Well, some of us don't own a DVR, LOL :lol: To be fair, I can watch things on demand later since I do have cable but I don't always have that much free time on weekends to catch up (I will have to watch A Million Little Things on demand since I'll be watching CPD live). I actually don't watch all that many shows anymore so watching them live isn't a big deal for me. I'd rather watch them live than risk getting spoiled on things the next day on social media.

And I don't like all the Chicago shows on one night because its too much drama for me. Each show has a lot of action in it and by the end of the evening, I'm tired and barely able to focus on anything. The few crossovers that they've done on one night haven't been all that enjoyable for me and this is gonna be like having a crossover every single week. It's just exhausting. Plus the writers of each show seem to have a stick up their behind and can't seem to stop trying to write BIG EVENTS all the time and having all of that on one night is gonna be insane IMO. To each their own though.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I was doing a search of upcoming events with DirecTV and came across this.

Wednesday, September 26th
Stevie Nicks: Rock A Little - AXSTV (channel 340 with DirecTV) - 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. Central (10 a.m. - 11 a.m. Eastern).

Stevie Nicks sings "Dreams", "Stand Back" and "Talk to Me" in Colorado's Rocky Mountains. Guests Mick Fleetwood and Peter Frampton.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
actually don't watch all that many shows anymore so watching them live isn't a big deal for me.
Even when I watch them "live," I don't watch them live. I wait 10-20 minutes and then start watching from the DVR and fast-forward through the commercials and hope I don't catch up too soon.

BaileyCatts

This Is Us ... hold on ... December 1972 in Pittsburgh and Jack and Rebecca are strollin' around an outdoor carnival? In Pittsburgh? In late December? Okay. :unsure: And I've changed my mind about 'its time to go see her'. Its Rebecca. She'd be pushing close to 90 in 15-20 years so yeah .... its Rebecca. That's my prediction on what the finale will be, everyone going to say goodbye to Rebecca.

Okay so I've never been on meds for depression but you can't just go and dump the whole bottle and just immediately stop taking them! Meds don't work that way and that's not going to immediately help them get pregnant cause there's a whole lot more issues going on than Toby having a low sperm count that may or may not be tied to his meds. Even he has to know that if he has been on those meds for 6 years.

And how we get Beth an Emmy nod cause her delivery kills me. :rofl:

PeterG

I really liked Manifest!

The idea is great, but the writing is kind of cliche'd. Not one, but TWO characters who simply can't say, "I thought you had passed away...in the last five years, I've moved on and have found a new partner". Plus the mysterious voice...it says,
set them free
but can't manage to say just one more word...
set the girls free
Lazy-ass supernatural entity! :lol: I'm willing to give this one a few more episodes. If it ends up being a Christian drama rather than sci-fi, I wish they had been honest from the start about the show... :shuffle:

judiz

We’ve talked about A Million Things in my support group for people who lost loved ones to suicide. Some of us will try to watch it, others feel it may be too painful. We all hope though it somehow helps open a discussion about suicide and how it effects those left behind - much differently than people who lose someone in an accident or to an illness.

Simone411

Just watched Stevie Nicks: Rock a Little on AXSTV. It was actually a concert tour at Red Rocks between 1981 through 1986. Simply put, it was awesome. What was shown on TV was part of the Rock A Little tour. Stevie also sang Beauty & The Beast, Edge of Seventeen and Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For you.

For anyone that wishes to see the Red Rock tours videos, I found a playlist at YouTube.

Stevie Nicks Live - Red Rocks

I also found a video for a preview of Live Red Rocks where Stevie is singing Dreams.

Stevie Nicks - Live - Red Rocks Trailer

@PeterG, I know you may be especially interested. There's a whole lot more of Stevie that wasn't shown in the hour special. I haven't watched all the videos yet, but I will definitely watch the rest! :)

Simone411

Just finished watching Fleetwood Mac: Live in Boston on AXSTV. There will be another showing from 11:30 p.m. - 1:35 a.m. central (12:30a.m. - 2:35a.m. eastern). Mick, Lindsay, John and Stevie performed, but for some reason, Christine wasn't there. I was sort of disappointed by that. I really enjoyed it other than that fact.

I also found the concert at YouTube. Here's the link in case there are some here that doesn't get AXSTV. @PeterG, I thought about you, too, when I came across the show on TV.

Fleetwood Mac - Live in Boston 2004 - Part 1

The Playlist also includes Part 2 and Part 3. :respec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information