U.S. Men in 2017 - articles & latest news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellanca

Nathan absolutely can win this weekend. Yuzu winning is definitely not a given.
I'll be happy just to see Nathan on the podium, period. Obviously, I would love to see him win, but I'm not going to allow myself to get too carried away with the thought. After all, it is Yuzu...

olympic

(((Grant))) Yeah, my heart aches for him. Hopefully, it only goes up from here.

Looking at it from a strategic standpoint, he really needs to up his game. At this level, the 3-3 should be automatic and the 3A reliable.

ETA - I meant the above for Grant as a top 10 Worlds finisher. He has the talent and PCS to make it happen

Last edited:

Bellanca

Looking at it from a strategic standpoint, he really needs to up his game. At this level, the 3-3 should be automatic and the 3A reliable
Yeah, you're right, he should be there at this point.

The U.S. men's field is a tough one, a lot of talent, a lot of depth. Grant know this, of course, and he will have to concentrate on not letting this fact get too deep into his psyche. Hard to do, but he is a talented guy, and I hope that he (at the very least) has a satisfying season with more productive competitions to follow.

olympic

OK, so after watching the video of the LP, the camera on both Ice Network and Russia's Match! pan to Asian women crying in the audience after Nathan Chen's performance. I wonder if they were crying because Hanyu lost or Nathan won?

Maria Sotskova recalls an audience of young women at one event were yelling that they wanted to marry Nathan. IDK.

Frida80

Shout out to everyone that believed Nathan could win this week. I was feeling lonely for a while.

Nathan could win over Yuzu. Nathan seems to be on a mission. Of course, so is Hanyu. Should be a battle!

Nathan did beat Yuzu at Four Continents last season, so it could happen here too.

Nathan absolutely can win this weekend. Yuzu winning is definitely not a given.

^ I do agree w/ the 3 previous posts. But, I hate setting myself up for disappointment, so I talk down my fave's chances.

Willin

@livetoskate There are some very nice Hanyu fans, but the hardcore ones are absolutely insane. You should see the salty comments on the articles announcing Nathan's win. (And wasn't there something about Hanyu fans raiding YouTube videos and posting nasty comments about a skater "plagarizing" Hanyu's music choice?)

The ironic part is that Hanyu is so incredibly focused only on himself - probably more than any other skater - and his own performance while his fans always seem to attack others when he doesn't meet their expectations.

ETA: Some of the comments were saying that Nathan beating Hanyu this time didn't count because Hanyu had mistakes. One in particular said that even with this result, Nathan technically had never beaten Hanyu. A reply was more moderate - beating Hanyu in only one segment doesn't count as beating him in anything. Also apparently beating him at certain competitions (4CC) doesn't count because it's just 4CC and not worlds.

Last edited:

olympic

So, six weeks until Nathan’s next comp, SA? I am glad he has time away from the competitive stage and won’t have the travel time and annoyances with regards to SA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information