Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancing_on_ice

On their competitive future after worlds, the couple is undecided, saying they are taking things “season by season.”
“I couldn’t have predicted how this season unfolded,” Chock said. “But that’s what keeps it interesting, and that’s what keeps us hooked — our love of the sport, our love of growth. That we get to do it together on a daily basis is even better.
“And so long as we have that love, that drive, that fire, we will continue.”

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

alexikeguchi

I loved Madi's and Evan's SP performance! They have come such a long way since the start of the season and over the past few years; Madi's skating and Evan's performance quality have improved beyond belief. They always look like they are genuinely having a blast out there, just reveling in skating together and sharing their experience with the audience. I hope their beautiful flame program goes equally brilliantly and that they achieve their goal of being world champions. And maybe one day they'll finally be acknowledged as Olympic champions too.

BittyBug

Disgusted
Madison was everything today - absolutely radiant. And criticism be damned, I love this program. Latin is a rhythm, not lyrics, and I love this remix (and yes, I'm a Bowie fan).

IMO this program is the closest to Latin ballroom, and Chock's turns have that crisp sharpness of turns on the floor. Their execution was close to perfection and they sold it to the rafters. Deservedly in first place IMO.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Madison was everything today - absolutely radiant. And criticism be damned, I love this program. Latin is a rhythm, not lyrics, and I love this remix (and yes, I'm a Bowie fan).

IMO this program is the closest to Latin ballroom, and Chock's turns have that crisp sharpness of turns on the floor. Their execution was close to perfection and they sold it to the rafters. Deservedly in first place IMO.
This is good to hear. :D At 3 o'clock in the morning watching through my fingers, I didn't really see how they skated. :lol:

Allskate

That was nervewracking at the end but being a C/B uber has never been an easy ride. :D So happy for them!
I was watching the competition live and paused it just before their performance because I was so nervous. I decided to wait until it was over and see the results before watching it. OMG. I read about the fall and didn't realize it wasn't on an element. That leg pull has made me nervous all season. Either too little pull or too much? What's with all the winners at Worlds this year having a mistake in their last performance?

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Today was a day of ultimate redemption for Madi and Evan. For all the OG fans, we have seen it all. From the lackluster results at their first Nats to the twizzle disasters that cost them world medals. Madi sobbing at 2018 Nats after they’d won the FD but were stuck with bronze and no Olympic team event. Collapsing on a spin at the Olympics. 2020 Worlds being cancelled when they were zooming toward the podium with the iconic snake program. Madi’s concussion in 2021 that stalled their revival in Montreal. Hitting a rut in the ice in the 2022 Olympic RD. They were always SO CLOSE but just out of reach. But not today. Aside from the fluke fall (which I thought was so fitting considering the crazy mishaps they’ve had in their career), they went out and grabbed the title with pure, passionate and precise skating. I couldn’t be more proud of them!!!!

Sylvia

TBD
:)

Evan ("Soaking it in and it still doesn’t feel real. What a crazy journey it’s been. Thank you for being a part of it! 🇺🇸🥇"): https://www.instagram.com/p/CqOys1dP-vj/

Madi ("✨Had a cute date last night ✨"): https://www.instagram.com/p/CqR5ymTSsfi/
More pics from the banquet: https://www.instagram.com/p/CqSV4Ntyjcs/

ETA:
I loved Madi's and Evan's SP performance!
Thank you for posting the link to their RD - glad to hear Mark Hanretty's positive commentary!

NBC Sports' video of their FD (also with Hanretty): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8pMYROriB8
Madi's quote in their kiss & cry interview afterwards: "Elated! I was so into our performance and connected with Evan from the start through little boop (her fall) and to the end. I’m so happy! [about the fall] I just caught my heel on the ice and it was so surprising."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information