ISU 2021-22 Junior Grand Prix announcement

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
As an example of how final qualification is affected by using scores rather than placements, six of the top ten scores so far in junior ice dance are from JGP Slovakia, including three of the top four (the entire podium in Kosice outscored all six medalists from Courchevel apart from Wolfkostin & Chen).
Well, I think that D'Alessandro/Waddell and Kaganovskaia/Angelopol are a cut above the dance teams we saw in both Courchevel events apart from Wolfkostin/Chen and, possibly, Makita/Gunara. I'd say Tyutyunina/Shustitskiy are on par with M/G and the Browns and Flores/Tsarevski are just below them. There's no way I'd consider the Lim/Quan or Mazingue/Gaidajenko to be near the same level as those other 7 teams.

Now, if you want to make an argument about score inflation, you'd probably be better off comparing the Czech team who competed in Courchevel 1 and Kosice - hard to understand how their total score jumped by 10 points. Their RD in Kosice was an improvement over Courchevel 1, definitely, but they weren't as strong in the FD this week as they were 2 weeks ago, IMO.

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Well, I think that D/W and K/A are a cut above the dance teams we saw in both Courchevel events apart from W/K and, possibly, M/G.
I don't disagree with them being ahead. I'm just noting that, for instance, Tyutyunina & Shustitskiy would be in trouble under a placements system, but are currently in fourth place for final qualification under scores.

Karen-W

I don't disagree with them being ahead. I'm just noting that, for instance, Tyutyunina & Shustitskiy would be in trouble under a placements system, but are currently in fourth place for final qualification under scores.
Well, that's why I'm hoping the ISU isn't going to go with a JGPF qualification using scores. And I would bet they get some pushback from Canada and the USA on this because, clearly, if you compare the Czechs scores and actual programs from their two events there's a huge disconnect between what was put on the ice in each event (the Courchevel RD was weaker than Kosice, but the Courchevel FD was stronger than this week, IMO) and their scores.

RoseRed

Well, that's why I'm hoping the ISU isn't going to go with a JGPF qualification using scores. And I would bet they get some pushback from Canada and the USA on this because, clearly, if you compare the Czechs scores and actual programs from their two events there's a huge disconnect between what was put on the ice in each event (the Courchevel RD was weaker than Kosice, but the Courchevel FD was stronger than this week, IMO) and their scores.
Well, a big part of the difference was technical. In Courcheval, they had a fall on the spin, so they got negative GOE and only a level 1. This week, the fall wasn't on an element, so they only got the deduction. That made a pretty big difference. 1.92 points vs 6.97 points for the element. They also got a couple more step sequence levels this week compared to two weeks ago.

They did, for the record get lower GOE on every element except the spin and the midline this week compared to Courcheval. But the increased BV, stronger RD and ~2 points more PCS resulted in a higher overall score. Maybe somewhat inflated, but not as crazy as you'd think if you didn't look at the protocol.

Dobre

One of the main rules of thumb in ice dance for me is not to read much into comparing scores from different competitions. These are the rules for this year's qualifications. All the athletes can do is their best under these particular rules. If you qualify for the JGPF, then you qualify. That's all.

It won't tell us which six junior dance teams are the best in the world. Nor does it ever.

hanca

Values her privacy
And then there is the issue that if scores are used, it may be all Russian event in junior ladies!

Karen-W

One of the main rules of thumb in ice dance for me is not to read much into comparing scores from different competitions. These are the rules for this year's qualifications. All the athletes can do is their best under these particular rules. If you qualify for the JGPF, then you qualify. That's all.

It won't tell us which six junior dance teams are the best in the world. Nor does it ever.
Are they the rules? As far as I have seen, there hasn't been an official announcement from the ISU on HOW they will determine the JGP Finalists yet. We can speculate until the sun stops coming up (which we do very well here on FSU) but I don't think it's a given how the ISU will determine the finalists yet.

For what it's worth, it shouldn't be how the ISU determines the finalists for pairs since none of the 4 pairs events were impacted by the inability of the Russian skaters to get into France.

Colonel Green

And then there is the issue that if scores are used, it may be all Russian event in junior ladies!
There’s a pretty strong chance that would have happened either way, though. It’s been touch and go for non-Russian girls to make the JGP Final in recent years.

Dobre

Are they the rules? As far as I have seen, there hasn't been an official announcement from the ISU on HOW they will determine the JGP Finalists yet.
Oh, I thought I had read this year that scores were being used for the JGP instead of placements? Maybe it was just speculation? I feel so unbelievably out of touch & behind after the craziness of last season.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Ted is asking everyone to subscribe to the ISU JGP YouTube channel so they can hit 100k subscribers - they're sitting at approximately 95k right now. So, if you like the videos and coverage they provide, then help them out by subscribing!
We love Ted. His interview with the Russian pair who won gold in Kosice was just so darn adorable, too.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Well, I think that D'Alessandro/Waddell and Kaganovskaia/Angelopol are a cut above the dance teams we saw in both Courchevel events apart from Wolfkostin/Chen and, possibly, Makita/Gunara. I'd say Tyutyunina/Shustitskiy are on par with M/G and the Browns and Flores/Tsarevski are just below them. There's no way I'd consider the Lim/Quan or Mazingue/Gaidajenko to be near the same level as those other 7 teams.

Now, if you want to make an argument about score inflation, you'd probably be better off comparing the Czech team who competed in Courchevel 1 and Kosice - hard to understand how their total score jumped by 10 points. Their RD in Kosice was an improvement over Courchevel 1, definitely, but they weren't as strong in the FD this week as they were 2 weeks ago, IMO.
I remember seeing Natalie and Bruce skate live and in person four years ago at the JGP of Brisbane. They've really developed into a fun and exciting team.

Sylvia

TBD
Initial entries for JGP #7 in Linz, Austria, Oct. 6-9, 2021 (as of Sept. 7): https://results.isu.org/events/fsevent00110969.htm

Junior Men
Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Alexander CHARNAGALOV AUT 1
2 Tobia OELLERER AUT 1
3 Michail SAVENKOV AUT 1
4 Alexander LEBEDEV BLR 2
Vasil BARAKHOUSKI BLR 2 S
Mikalai KAZLOU BLR 2 S
Yauhenii PUZANAU BLR 2 S
5 Matthew NEWNHAM CAN 3
Alec GUINZBOURG CAN 3 S
Aleksa RAKIC CAN 3 S
6 Damian MALCZYK CZE 4
Georgii RESHTENKO CZE 4 S
7 Pablo GARCIA ESP 5
Euken ALBERDI ESP 5 S
Arnau JOLY ESP 5 S
8 Mihhail SELEVKO EST 6
Arlet LEVANDI EST 6 S
Jegor MARTSENKO EST 6 S
9 Matias LINDFORS FIN 7
10 Ian VAUCLIN FRA 8
11 Louis WEISSERT GER 9
Davide CALDERARI GER 9 S
Luca FUENFER GER 9 S
Denis GURDZHI GER 9 S
Arthur MAI GER 9 S
12 Mozes Jozsef BEREI HUN 10
Aleksandr VLASENKO HUN 10 S
13 Dillon JUDGE IRL 11
14 Nikita KOVALENKO ISR 12
Iakov POGREBINSKII ISR 12 S
Lev VINOKUR ISR 12 S
15 Emanuele INDELICATO ITA 13
16 Raffaele Francesco ZICH ITA 13
Tommaso BARISON ITA 13 S
Edoardo COMI ITA 13 S
Nikolaj MEMOLA ITA 13 S
Matteo NALBONE ITA 13 S
17 Dias JIRENBAYEV KAZ 14
18 Hyungyeom KIM KOR 15
Hangil KIM KOR 15 S
Jaekeun LEE KOR 15 S
19 Sinali SANGO RSA 16
Nicolas VAN DE VIJVER RSA 16 S
20 Vladislav DIKIDZHI RUS 17
21 Kirill SARNOVSKIY RUS 17 (JGP Kosice gold)
Aleksandr GOLUBEV RUS 17 S
Artem KOVALEV RUS 17 S
Gleb LUTFULLIN RUS 17 S
Semen SOLOVEV RUS 17 S
Nikolai UGOZHAEV RUS 17 S
Ilya YABLOKOV RUS 17 S
Fedor ZONOV RUS 17 S
22 David SEDEJ SLO 18
23 Andreas NORDEBACK SWE 19
Jonathan EGYPTSON SWE 19 S
Casper JOHANSSON SWE 19 S
Oliver PRAETORIUS SWE 19 S
24 Yu-Hsiang LI TPE 20
25 Efe Ergin DINCER TUR 21
Ali Efe GUNES TUR 21 S
Alp Tore OVALIOGLU TUR 21 S
Alp Eren OZKAN TUR 21 S
26 Kyrylo LISHENKO UKR 22
Kyrylo MARSAK UKR 22 S
27 Ilia MALININ USA 23 (JGP Courchevel #1 gold)
William ANNIS USA 23 S
Lucas BROUSSARD USA 23 S
Joseph KLEIN USA 23 S
Kai KOVAR USA 23 S
Daniel MARTYNOV USA 23 S
Matthew NIELSEN USA 23 S
Jacob SANCHEZ USA 23 S
Maxim ZHARKOV USA 23 S

Junior Women
Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Paula MARGARIDO PEREIRA AND 1
2 Vlada VASILIEV AUS 2
Victoria ALCANTARA AUS 2 S
3 Jasmin ELSEBAIE AUT 3
4 Dorotea LEITGEB AUT 3
5 Emily SAARI AUT 3
Paola JURISIC AUT 3 S
6 Zara HUSEDZINOVIC BIH 4
7 Varvara KISEL BLR 5
Anastasiya BALYKINA BLR 5 S
Hanna KALINKA BLR 5 S
Aliaksandra MALASHKA BLR 5 S
Milana RAMASHOVA BLR 5 S
Nastassia SIDARENKA BLR 5 S
Agata STARYKAVA BLR 5 S
8 Chiara HRISTOVA BUL 6
Ivelina BAYCHEVA BUL 6 S
Maria LEVUSHKINA BUL 6 S
Maria MANOVA BUL 6 S
9 Sara-Maude DUPUIS CAN 7
Lia PEREIRA CAN 7 S
Rose THEROUX CAN 7 S
10 Hana CVIJANOVIC CRO 8
Meri MARINAC CRO 8 S
Nevia Ana MEDIC CRO 8 S
11 Marian MILLARES ESP 9
12 Niina PETROKINA EST 10
Amalia ZELENJAK EST 10 S
13 Janna JYRKINEN FIN 11
Pihla BERGMAN FIN 11 S
Nella PELKONEN FIN 11 S
Rosa REPONEN FIN 11 S
14 Aya HATAKAWA GER 12
Hannah DEMPFLE GER 12 S
Dora HUS GER 12 S
Olesya RAY GER 12 S
15 Regina SCHERMANN HUN 13
Lili KRIZSANOVSZKI HUN 13 S
Vivien PAPP HUN 13 S
Cintia SZABO HUN 13 S
Bernadett SZIGETI HUN 13 S
Katinka Anna ZSEMBERY HUN 13 S
Daria ZSIRNOV HUN 13 S
16 Elizabeth GOLDING IRL 14
17 Mariia SENIUK ISR 15
Ivetta BERKOVICH ISR 15 S
Elizabet GERVITS ISR 15 S
Viktoriia IUSHCHENKOVA ISR 15 S
18 Lara Naki GUTMANN ITA 16 (will she withdraw again?)
Lucrezia BECCARI ITA 16 S
Ginevra Lavinia NEGRELLO ITA 16 S
Anna PEZZETTA ITA 16 S
19 Chaebin HWANG KOR 17
20 Boin MOON KOR 17
21 Siwoo SONG KOR 17
Heesue HAN KOR 17 S
Yean JUNG KOR 17 S
Siwon LEE KOR 17 S
22 Anete LACE LAT 18
Mariia BOLSHEVA LAT 18 S
Nikola FOMCHENKOVA LAT 18 S
Sofja STEPCENKO LAT 18 S
23 Gemma MARSHALL LUX 19
Elli Noriko Madeleine KANKARE LUX 19 S
24 Jana KUKOVSKA MKD 20
25 Dani LOONSTRA NED 21
Julia VAN DIJK NED 21 S
Mikai Maria VAN OMMEREN NED 21 S
26 Linnea Sophie Kolstad KILSAND NOR 22
Oda HAVGAR TONNESEN NOR 22 S
Mia Caroline RISA GOMEZ NOR 22 S
Ida Eline VAMNES NOR 22 S
27 Ella SMITH NZL 23
28 Skye Frances PATENIA PHI 24
29 Weronika FERLIN POL 25
30 Alicja REJMENT POL 25
Karolina BIALAS POL 25 S
Jagoda CALA POL 25 S
Matylda PASZYNSKA POL 25 S
Julija POLNIUK POL 25 S
Noelle STREULI POL 25 S
Laura SZCZESNA POL 25 S
31 Ana Sofia BESCHEA ROU 26
Andreea-Denisa-Stefania COMANESCU ROU 26 S
Maria Alexandra GIURGIU ROU 26 S
Luiza-Elena ILIE ROU 26 S
Ingrid Ana PRICOP ROU 26 S
Ruxandra Sabina ROTUNDU ROU 26 S
32 Sofia SAMODELKINA RUS 27
33 Anastasia ZININA RUS 27
Sofia AKATEVA RUS 27 S
Anna FROLOVA RUS 27 S
Alina GORBACHEVA RUS 27 S
Elizaveta KULIKOVA RUS 27 S
Sofia MURAVIEVA RUS 27 S
Adeliia PETROSIAN RUS 27 S
Daria SADKOVA RUS 27 S
Mariia ZAKHAROVA RUS 27 S
34 Manca KRMELJ SLO 28
Ana CMER SLO 28 S
Maksima KRIVIC SLO 28 S
Julija LOVRENCIC SLO 28 S
Klara SEKARDI SLO 28 S
35 Darja MIJATOVIC SRB 29
Danica DJORDJEVIC SRB 29 S
Ivona KLEUT SRB 29 S
Irena MARKOVIC SRB 29 S
Ana SCEPANOVIC SRB 29 S
36 Emelie LING SWE 30
Josefin BROVALL SWE 30 S
Julia BROVALL SWE 30 S
Emelie NORDQVIST SWE 30 S
37 Yan-Yi LIN TPE 31
38 Mariia ANDRIICHUK UKR 32
Anastasiia ARKHIPOVA UKR 32 S
39 Isabeau LEVITO USA 33 (JGP Courchevel #2 gold)
40 Kate WANG USA 33 (placeholder; competing in #4 Krasnoyarsk)
Elsa CHENG USA 33 S
Mia KALIN USA 33 S
Josephine LEE USA 33 S
Maryn PIERCE USA 33 S
Clare SEO USA 33 S
Kanon SMITH USA 33 S
Lindsay THORNGREN USA 33 S
Ava Marie ZIEGLER USA 33 S

Junior Pairs
Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Anastasia GOLUBEVA / Hektor GIOTOPOULOS MOORE AUS 1
2 Meghan FREDETTE / William ST-LOUIS CAN 2
3 Karina SAFINA / Luka BERULAVA GEO 3 (JGP Kosice silver)
4 Letizia ROSCHER / Luis SCHUSTER GER 4
5 Alyssa MONTAN / Filippo CLERICI ITA 5
6 Federica SIMIOLI / Alessandro ZARBO ITA 5
7 Kseniia AKHANTEVA / Valerii KOLESOV RUS 6
8 Natalia KHABIBULLINA / Ilya KNYAZHUK RUS 6
9 Anastasia MUKHORTOVA / Dmitry EVGENYEV RUS 6 (JGP Kosice gold)
Ekaterina CHIKMAREVA / Matvei IANCHENKOV RUS 6 S
Polina KOSTIUKOVICH / Aleksei BRIUKHANOV RUS 6 S
Ekaterina PETUSHKOVA / Evgenii MALIKOV RUS 6 S
Ekaterina STORUBLEVTCEVA / Artem GRITSAENKO RUS 6 S
Evgeniia TUMANOVA / Georgy KUNITSA RUS 6 S
10 Violetta SIEROVA / Ivan KHOBTA UKR 7
11 Cate FLEMING / Chase FINSTER USA 8
12 Isabelle MARTINS / Ryan BEDARD USA 8
13 Anastasiia SMIRNOVA / Danylo SIIANYTSIA USA 8
14 Anastasiya SAZONOVA / Jamshid TASHMUKHAMEDOV UZB 9

Junior Ice Dance
Entries
No. Name Nation
1 Corinna HUBER / Patrik HUBER AUT 1
2 Anita STRAUB / Andreas STRAUB AUT 1
3 Nadiia BASHYNSKA / Peter BEAUMONT CAN 2
4 Emma GOODSTADT / Michael BARSOUM CAN 2
Chloe NGUYEN / Alec ROUECHE CAN 2 S
Alyssa ROBINSON / Jacob PORTZ CAN 2 S
5 Denisa CIMLOVA / Vilem HLAVSA CZE 3
Katerina MRAZKOVA / Daniel MRAZEK CZE 3 S
Barbora ZELENA / Jachym NOVAK CZE 3 S
6 Sofia VAL / Nikita VITRYANYUK ESP 4
7 Solene MAZINGUE / Marko Jevgeni GAIDAJENKO EST 5 (JGP Courchevel #2 bronze)
Tatjana BUNINA / Ivan KUZNETSOV EST 5 S
8 Yulia LEBEDEVA-BITADZE / Dmitri PARKHOMENKO GEO 6
9 Darya GRIMM / Michail SAVITSKIY GER 7
Karla Maria KARL / Kai HOFERICHTER GER 7 S
Michelle KONOV / Malte BRANDT GER 7 S
Milla Ruud REITAN / Nikita REMESHEVSKIY GER 7 S
10 Katica KEDVES / Fedor SHARONOV HUN 8
Reka LEVELES / Balazs LEVELES HUN 8 S
11 Nicole CALDERARI / Marco CILLI ITA 9
Giorgia GALIMBERTI / Matteo Libasse MANDELLI ITA 9 S
Noemi Maria TALI / Stefano FRASCA ITA 9 S
12 Sofiya LUKINSKAYA / Danil PAK KAZ 10
13 Sofia LEONTEVA / Daniil GORELKIN RUS 11
14 Sofya TYUTYUNINA / Alexander SHUSTITSKIY RUS 11 (JGP Kosice bronze)
Sofiia KACHUSHKINA / Oleg MURATOV RUS 11 S
Vasilisa KAGANOVSKAIA / Valeriy ANGELOPOL RUS 11 S
Irina KHAVRONINA / Dario CIRISANO RUS 11 S
Taisiia LINCHEVSKAIA / Timur BABAEV-SMIRNOV RUS 11 S
Olga MAMCHENKOVA / Mark VOLKOV RUS 11 S
Alisa OVSIANKINA / Matvei SAMOKHIN RUS 11 S
Anna RUMAK / Gleb GONCHAROV RUS 11 S
Ekaterina RYBAKOVA / Ivan MAKHNONOSOV RUS 11 S
Elizaveta SHICHINA / Gordey KHUBULOV RUS 11 S
Margarita SVISTUNOVA / Dmitrii STUDENIKIN RUS 11 S
15 Gina ZEHNDER / Beda Leon SIEBER SUI 12
16 Myroslava TKACHENKO / Andrii KAPRAN UKR 13
17 Oona BROWN / Gage BROWN USA 14 (JGP Courchevel #2 gold)
18 Angela LING / Caleb WEIN USA 14

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Oh wait isn’t the Italian challenger series this week? I know wrong thread but I’m actually not that far from Italy

Sylvia

TBD

Sylvia

TBD
There are no singles Korean skaters in JGP Russia. There were supposed to be one man and two women competitors.

Recently, the Korean government imposed two-week quarantine regardless of vaccination status on travellers from Russia. This new rule affects coaches and KSU officials on their return trip to Korea.

I think KSU/ISU moved the singles skaters to other JGPs. JGP No. 3 has two Korean male skaters instead of one. Let's see what happens to female entries in other JGPs. Fans expect JGP No. 7 may have four Korean females skaters instead of two.
Junior Women
Entries
19 Chaebin HWANG KOR 17
20 Boin MOON KOR 17
21 Siwoo SONG KOR 17
Heesue HAN KOR 17 S
Yean JUNG KOR 17 S
Siwon LEE KOR 17 S
3 entries for South Korea again here in Linz (also in #6 Gdansk).

Karen-W

I'm looking forward to the match up between Sarnovskiy and Malinin in the Junior Men!

Stephanie

Some changes for the US per the ISU website entries:

Slovenia: Matthew Nielsen added (replaced Daniel Martynov who WD) for men, his first JGP of the season and Ava Ziegler added for ladies (replaces Mia Kalin's placeholder spot), her second assignment

Poland: Will Annis added (second assignment), replacing Maxim Zharkov's placeholder spot.

I'm guessing who gets Kai Kovar's Poland placeholder spot will depend on how Eric Prober does in Russia. I'm still hoping that Jacob Sanchez gets something. :)

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝

Slovenia: Matthew Nielsen added (replaced Daniel Martynov who WD) for men, his first JGP of the season and Ava Ziegler added for ladies (replaces Mia Kalin's placeholder spot), her second assignment

Poland: Will Annis added (second assignment), replacing Maxim Zharkov's placeholder spot.

I'm guessing who gets Kai Kovar's Poland placeholder spot will depend on how Eric Prober does in Russia. I'm still hoping that Jacob Sanchez gets something. :)

What about the really cool Broussard?

Stephanie

These changes are now confirmed on the USFS international assignments page. Isabeau Levito is now shown as confirmed for Austria and the remaining Gdansk placeholder is shown as Eric Prober.

Stephanie

Russia updated their Slovenia entries today. Sofia Samodelkina is competing instead of Sofia Muavieva whilst they've given up one of their mens' entries and only Yablokov is competing.

I wonder if the Samodelkina switch is partially to reduce travel for the Plushenko team as they already have Zhilina scheduled for Poland and Zinina and Sarnovsky for Austria. I certainly hope Muravieva isn't injured and will turn up at one of the last 2 events.

Karen-W

Russia updated their Slovenia entries today. Sofia Samodelkina is competing instead of Sofia Muavieva whilst they've given up one of their mens' entries and only Yablokov is competing.

I wonder if the Samodelkina switch is partially to reduce travel for the Plushenko team as they already have Zhilina scheduled for Poland and Zinina and Sarnovsky for Austria. I certainly hope Muravieva isn't injured and will turn up at one of the last 2 events.
The JGP Austria entries haven't been updated yet and Samoldelkina is still listed there, so either there was an error on the Poland update or there is a switch happening and we'll see Muravieva pop up on the Austria list whenever it's updated.

Andrea82

Single Men and Women

i) The 7 winners of each individual ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Event will qualify for the Final.
ii) Should there only be 6 different individual winners out of the 7 individual ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events because a Skater has won 2 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events, the 6 different individual winners will qualify for the Final.
iii) Should there be fewer than 6 different individual winners out of the 7 individual ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events because more Skaters have won 2 JGP Events, all the different individual winners will qualify for the Final. In addition, the best 2nd placed Skater(s), 3rd placed Skater(s) and so forth by total score, who are not yet qualified as a winner, would be invited to the Final to reach the number of 6 entries.
iv) Japan as the host Member will be granted 1 Wild Card Entry for Men and for Women.

Pair

i) The 4 winners of each individual ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Event will qualify for the Final.
ii) Should there be fewer than 4 different individual winners out of the 4 individual ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events because a Pair has won 2 JGP Events, all the different individual winners will qualify for the Final. In addition, the best 2nd placed Pairs(s), 3rd placed Pairs(s) and so forth by total score, who are not yet qualified as a winner, would be invited to the Final to reach the number of 4 entries.

Ice Dance

i) The 7 winners of each individual ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating event will qualify for the Final.
ii) Should there only be 6 different individual winners out of the 7 individual ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events because a Couple has won 2 JGP Events, the 6 different individual winners will qualify for the Final.
iii) Should there be fewer than 6 different individual winners out of the 7 individual ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events because more Couples have won 2 JGP Events, all the different individual winners will qualify for the Final. In addition, the best 2nd placed Couple(s), 3rd placed Couples(s) and so forth by total score, who are not yet qualified as a winner, would be invited to the Final to reach the number of 6 entries.

Karen-W

Currently qualified in each discipline by virtue of their JGP wins:

Men
Ilya Yablokov RUS (Ljubljana)
Gleb Lutfullin RUS (Krasnoyarsk & Gdansk)
Wesley Chiu CAN (Courchevel 2)
Ilia Malinin USA (Courchevel 1)
Kiriil Sarnovskiy RUS (Kosice)

Women
Lindsay Thorngren USA (Courchevel 1)
Isabeau Levito USA (Courchevel 2)
Sofia Akateva RUS (Krasnoyarsk & Gdansk)
Adeliia Petrosian RUS (Ljubljana)
Veronika Zhilina RUS (Kosice) - she's currently injured but the JGPF is 2 months away

Pairs
Anastasia Mukhortova/Dimitry Evgenyev RUS (Kosice)
Ekaterina Chikmareva/Matvei Ianchenkov RUS (Krasnoyarsk & Gdansk)

Dance
Katarina Wolfkostin/Jeffrey Chen USA (Courchevel 1)
Oona Brown/Gage Brown USA (Courchevel 2)
Natalie d'Alessandro/Bruce Waddell CAN (Kosice)
Irina Khavronina/Dario Cirisano RUS (Krasnoyarsk & Gdansk)
Vasilisa Kaganovskaia/Valeriy Angelopol RUS (Ljubljana)

Not sure who has the highest total points for the extra spots should there be less than 6 different winners in Women, Men or Dance, or less than 4 in Pairs.

Colonel Green

The big winner of this is Zhilina, who (by plain reading) is now qualified for the Final despite not being able to skate a second event.

Also, in dazzling ISU fashion, they waited so long to announce this that the "if there are seven different winners" criterion is already obsolete in all three categories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information