ISU Junior Grand Prix 2024-25

Andrea82

ISU Council approved the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Calendar for the season 2024/25 as follows:

August 21-24, 2024 Epinal /FRA

August 28-31, 2024 Riga / LAT (including Pair Skating)

September 4-7, 2024 Ostrava / CZE (including Pair Skating)

September 11-14, 2024 Bangkok / THA

September 18-21, 2024 Istanbul / TUR (including Pair Skating)

September 25-28, 2024 Gdansk / POL (including Pair Skating)

October 2-5, 2024 Ljubljana /SLO

December 5-8, 2024 Grand Prix Final Orléans / FRA

Source: https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/32175-isu-communication-2597/file

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Can someone refresh my Cointreau? Do they mostly go to countries where figure skating is developing? I know Japan has gotten it before and I think USA maybe but does it ever go to like Australia, Mexico, Spain or Italy. Seems like North American skaters always have to do the most traveling.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Yes to all 4: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISU_Junior_Grand_Prix

In France, Épinal will be the first time a JGP is held there (only new location in 2024).

interesting. Thanks for sending. I noticed Finland, Switzerland, and some other countries have never had it at all. It does seem like a lot of countries have it multiple times. Anyway not complaining just making an observation. I’m more into the junior Grand Prix than ever.

airgelaal

Can someone refresh my Cointreau? Do they mostly go to countries where figure skating is developing? I know Japan has gotten it before and I think USA maybe but does it ever go to like Australia, Mexico, Spain or Italy. Seems like North American skaters always have to do the most traveling.
Perhaps other countries don't want it that much?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Russia, Canada and the USA have all hosted JGPs in past seasons.

Russia is currently BANNED from hosting ANY international sporting competitions, so they would not be in the mix for the foreseeable future. Their satellite feds like Armenia, etc, weren't chosen this year, but they also perhaps decided that geopolitical regional conflict makes it difficult to commit at this time without the full support from their national security partner.

I'm more than a little bemused at France once again going for the GPF, but, whatever.

Other feds have a lot of smaller, regional competitions throughout the fall and they like the size/character/prestige of a JGP rather than a GPF.

airgelaal

Russia, Canada and the USA have all hosted JGPs in past seasons.

Russia is currently BANNED from hosting ANY international sporting competitions, so they would not be in the mix for the foreseeable future. Their satellite feds like Armenia, etc, weren't chosen this year, but they also perhaps decided that geopolitical regional conflict makes it difficult to commit at this time without the full support from their national security partner.

I'm more than a little bemused at France once again going for the GPF, but, whatever.

Other feds have a lot of smaller, regional competitions throughout the fall and they like the size/character/prestige of a JGP rather than a GPF.
russia held JGP for the first time in 2016. And then again in 2021. And if I remember correctly, they only held one international competition, in addition to the GP and championships. Even before 2016, this was explained by the fact that there was no desire to hold such competitions, since it was more profitable to hold local competitions.

Andrea82

russia held JGP for the first time in 2016. And then again in 2021. And if I remember correctly, they only held one international competition, in addition to the GP and championships. Even before 2016, this was explained by the fact that there was no desire to hold such competitions, since it was more profitable to hold local competitions.

The 2015 Mordovian Ornament!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information