#TeamTrainwreck 22: Every dark cloud has a pewter lining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Well, if Mishin can pull off three spots with Kolyada and Semenenko, he is a wizard who deserves all praise. Semenenko has no international creds and is going to skate early which is going to hurt. And we know how well Kolyada handles pressure. :lol: Let's just hope Semenenko repeats the Russian Cup final and not Nationals. I would like for the Russian men to get 3 spots to the Olympics because they have the talent if they can just get the mental discipline to not waste that talent.

Oh, well, if any of the Russian men want to go to the Olympics, the fed is pretty clear that you'd better skate well or you stay home. They've got ladies, pairs and possible dance medals and aren't going to give any benefits of the doubt to the men. Hopefully, they'll all stay healthy, work hard over the spring and summer and for God's sake Rukaviticin give your men decent programs that make them shine.

Last edited:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
If Russia was going to pick an unknown, I'd rather they picked Kondratiuk for his best overall performance across nationals, team event, and Russian Cup final. But there's also something to be said for going for who has the best most recent results. Oh well. Watching the Russian men's (and Canadian man's) results will be nerve-wracking.

Vagabond

Looks like the ISU is really trying to spice things up at worlds with the Men doing a 'Free Dance' on the Saturday according to the first information! 😂
First announcement - see page 10
This will take the emphasis off of jumps and
Daisuke Takahashi will win the gold !!!
I dunno about that. With the emphasis off of quadruple jumps and on Skating Skills, Jason Brown should do very well.

skatingguy

decently
Daisuke Takahashi will win the gold !!!

I dunno about that. With the emphasis off of quadruple jumps and on Skating Skills, Jason Brown should do very well.
But Daisuke will be completing a free skate with his ice dance partner Kana Muramoto, and Jason Brown is competing in the men's free dance, so they can both win their respective divisions as long as they aren't too far back after the short programs.

Kateri

void beast
But Daisuke will be completing a free skate with his ice dance partner Kana Muramoto, and Jason Brown is competing in the men's free dance, so they can both win their respective divisions as long as they aren't too far back after the short programs.
Not to spoil the fun, but I didn't think Daisuke was competing at Worlds.

Vagabond

I feel sorry for Aliev now, he was smiling like a Cheshire Cat when was talking about Worlds and potential of getting three spots there
The Cheshire cat is still there, but Worlds and the potential of getting three spots there have vanished, leaving only a frown on the cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information