#TeamTrainwreck 21: Ride until the fantasy ends!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Rewatching a bunch of old 00s competition videos, including stuff from the 2009 Four Continents (the Vancouver test event). It's remarkable how skewed the ladies field was in the 2006-2010 quad toward the Four Continents division.

More notably, this is the era in which Gizmo had a completely different hair color and style each year, and was guaranteed to finish top 12. :glamor:

S

SmallFairy

I’m rewatching Olympics 88 and 92 men, and now 88 woman. Vladimir Kotin has an epic FS in 88, complete with mustache and puffy sleeves, a silver horse, and MESS. Some other great MESSes in there too. Will provide footage in a few days, when life is less busy.

Vagabond

Am not sure it's so much Rozanov but the conditions. If Kostornaya plans to skate for just 2 season and the next season might not happen she might as well milk all she can out of it. Also whether she stayed or went her chances making it to the team this or next season are very slim (unless she got herself a quad, which I doubt
I struggled to understand this reference to "the team" because Kostornaia, having earned a European Gold Medal, isn't even eligible, and then I realized -- Oh! That team! :duh: :slinkaway

J

Jeschke

You have to admit. It's so entertaining.
I love badass Eteri not being afraid kicking Euros gold medalist out :respec:
I love @Hanna being :cheer2: new coach for Kostornaia only to find out it's Plushy :rofl::gallopin1

Only thinks I wonder:
Why does no one consider Tsareva? :drama:
Stasia from #1 to#3 :rofl:
Imagine the fun, when Rozanov goes from kindergarten teacher to olympic gold coach in 2 seasons :watch:

I am all in for the drama! Bring it!

DobrinFan

You have to admit. It's so entertaining.
I love badass Eteri not being afraid kicking Euros gold medalist out :respec:

Nope, that's what Eteri said initially that Alena came with some demands and Eteri wasn't putting up with it. But come to find out, Alena already spoke to Plushy and arranged the transfer in May and mid-July after Alena played sick, didn't want to come to the ice and after a sit down told Eteri that she was leaving, she didn't want to train with them anymore. Alena even used a medical excuse to leave the training base. This after Daniil made her programs that would be a godsend to both her (Alena) and the world. Eteri got played by a 16 yo. Bravo Alena 👏

P.S. Stasia trains with Volkov, this is a different group. I hear Plushy works with him from time to time.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Swipe the photos of Sokolovskaya:
Mushroom, followed by harmony tree love photo of Sokolovskaya and Rukavicin, followed by both shooting rifles.
Priceless order :rofl:

PS: And check Rukavicin's grin in the tree picture :swoon:

J

Jeschke

Unbelievable Shulepov was old enough to marry :rofl: :gallopin1

DobrinFan

Maybe's been staying at home since March. 😷

But the photo suggests that avoiding infections isn't one of this concerns. :shuffle:

He was pale as hell last year too. Photo below:
Someone asked him why it was he was so damn white. His response was that he's a creature of the cold 🤣 So he's naturally just that pale.

And I have seen very few photos, if any, from Russia were they are not concern with catching covid. It's as if we are not living in a pandemic. No social distancing what so ever for like the last month or so :shuffle:

Vagabond

And I have seen very few photos, if any, from Russia were they are not concern with catching *********. It's as if we are not living in a *********. No social distancing what so ever for like the last month or so :shuffle:
I hope those photographs don't come back to haunt them (and us). 🤞

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

Colonel Green

What channel was this broadcast from @Colonel Green ?
Who is the commentary lady?
This was broadcast on CBC Bold, a secondary CBC channel that would air all the skaters who didn't make the main broadcast. It doesn't exist anymore, having gotten killed by the Harper government's last round of budget cuts.

The commenter is Kwong, as stated in the post.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information