#TeamTrainwreck 21: Ride until the fantasy ends!

Colonel Green

Rewatching a bunch of old 00s competition videos, including stuff from the 2009 Four Continents (the Vancouver test event). It's remarkable how skewed the ladies field was in the 2006-2010 quad toward the Four Continents division.

And Tracy saying that Caroline Zhang's coaches need to fix her technique before it's too late. :gallopin1

Colonel Green

I don't know about that. This is the perfect opportunity for Russian ladies to jump ship and skate for 🇦🇿 🇧🇾 🇫🇷 🇫🇮 or some other country that will take them.
Sure, but pretty much by definition the ladies Russia is willing to release will not generally be near the caliber of their top skaters.

EDIT: Unrelatedly, continuing my voyage through old YouTube collections of 2000s competitions, :rofl: at Joubert winning the short program at 2009 Worlds on PCS.

NAOTMAA

I don't know about that. This is the perfect opportunity for Russian ladies to jump ship and skate for 🇦🇿 🇧🇾 🇫🇷 🇫🇮 or some other country that will take them.

Didn't the federation just pass new rules that made "jumping ship" more difficult or something like that? Adding more red tape or making the wait before release longer. Or is it only temporary due to the upcoming Olympics?

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Didn't the federation just pass new rules that made "jumping ship" more difficult or something like that?
I didn't think it is more difficult. They just have set strict rules.
IIRC 2yrs for international skaters, 1yr for national skaters.
As mentioned back then; seems fine to me.
Everyone knows in advance what to deal with!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vagabond

I didn't think it is more difficult. They just have set strict rules.
IIRC 2yrs for international skaters, 1yr for national skaters.
Which is what it is for all skaters who don't compete at the ISU Championship level. There are going to be few, if any, international competitions below the Championship level this season, and there might not even be any at the highest level either.
I only accept Perkova, just because!
Kazakhstan beckons. 🇰🇿

S

SmallFairy

You do realize I am mourning Stasia pewter back then and not Lindfors‘ retirement? :rofl:
Always those Finns, first Lepistö then Lindfors! :drama:

(on a serious note: still a great way to end her career with that bronze outing! 💪🏼)

Or course!:) Don’t get me started on Lepistö, she was exquisite, and also had to retire due to injury:wuzrobbed But those Finns rules at winning medals, because their basics and quality is so special, even though they were not always the best jumpers;) (Viveca was good!)
Stasya botched the SP, didn’t she? Then has a gruesome FS-revenge! 💪🏻:gallopin1

rfisher

Let the skating begin
EuroKwan, LovelyLaura, and Kiira--the only woman who could wear lime green and make it look fabulous. Sigh.

I liked Lindfors well enough, even if I'm TeamEmmi, but I hope she's able to go on to university and do well.

J

Jeschke

Baby LaTuk and BabyTM2.
1) Who is older girl?
2) Who is the little one? Polina A.?
3) 2nd guy is Lip's baby dad?

Ka3sha

Baby LaTuk and BabyTM2.
1) Who is older girl?
2) Who is the little one? Polina A.?
3) 2nd guy is Lip's baby dad?
1. Former Estonian skater now coach and Liza’s friend, Sindra Kriisa
2. Nugumanova
3. Yes, it’s Tarasenko

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Like I care what he looks like. He’s forever my pairs giant, who smoked and drank and enjoyed life in between, but always got back in shape when He had to. And who skated the best pairs program of all time (not Libestraum;) ) And who was always creative and fun, according to Katia G’s book, and who still is, and also really nice and a good coach, says my friend who spend two weeks on camp with him last summer. (And as someone pointed out in here earlier, it seems he couldn’t care less about that speedo-pic going viral, I like that attitude)
Senior :respec:

I am SO behind, but I agree with everything in this post 100%. :respec:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information