Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chantilly

Do you perhaps mean her 2017/2018 season latin dress? To me her red tango dress with a bit of black doesn't quite fit the description "multicoloured".
Yes. Thank you. While I was writing it down I had an inkling my memory was foggy on what dance. But I do remember the dress and Carol Lane commenting that she designed it.

Bigbird

Why is their score so low though. I don't understand that. Shouldn't it be just as high as G/P at least for the FD that is?

Debbie S

Why is their score so low though. I don't understand that. Shouldn't it be just as high as G/P at least for the FD that is?
Their levels were a bit lower (L2 on the circular steps) so that affected their TES. I thought they were a bit undermarked in PCS (although they got one 10 :) ) but it's tough to compare PCS between diff comps b/c the scores are essentially a comparison to others in the event.

Bigbird

Their levels were a bit lower (L2 on the circular steps) so that affected their TES. I thought they were a bit undermarked in PCS (although they got one 10 :) ) but it's tough to compare PCS between diff comps b/c the scores are essentially a comparison to others in the event.

I had similar thoughts.

SkateFanBerlin

I don't really follow dance but impressed how C/B turning around things. They have much more attention to detail than H/D. The unisons, the parallel gestures. I thing the Rhythmn dancce will come. The Free has the structure to build a ground breaking program for them. See them following the pattern of Davis/White's developmental progression. Think they'll win nationals. Don't know enough to predict world placement.

muffinplus

Chock/Bates made a smart choice in picking music that didn't allow their choreographers to rely on a repertoire of moves they've used in past programs, which is clearly a temptation when they're producing eleventy million programs.

Did they pick the music themselves?

kittyjake5

Next up for Maddie and Evan is COC. Not much time for them to rest before they fly off to China.
I believe that their only competition at COC will be Sin/Kat. I just hope that they are not to tired. I would love
for them to take Gold, but Silver would be ok. I just want them to make the GPF.

suki

Next up for Maddie and Evan is COC. Not much time for them to rest before they fly off to China.
I believe that their only competition at COC will be Sin/Kat. I just hope that they are not to tired. I would love
for them to take Gold, but Silver would be ok. I just want them to make the GPF.
I think the Rus Federation is pushing to have two Russian ice dance teams on the podium at World's this year. I expect to see some interesting marks here that may or may not have anything to do with what is actually presented on the ice.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I love C/B's programs from last season, which they only skated a few times since they didn't skate the entire season. Maybe they will bring back the FD -- I hope!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8oZncG28wk Tango RD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF8LsASmjgg Sexy noir FD medley

This imaginative FD by Dubreuil for C/B reminds me of Gilles/Poirier's Hitchcock FD, and also G/P's spy-themed FD which they changed to a James Bond FD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsVJwcWjg5I G/P Hitchcock FD -- my fave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a0ZEbz0Tbk G/P spy-themed FD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibx3xiKVIa8 G/P James Bond FD

As well, C/B's noir FD medley reminds me of Navarro/ Bommentre's famous FD at 2006 U.S. Nationals -- N/B had only been together for 10 months:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=664k3L1ym3E :encore:

ETA:
N/B's costumes are even similar coincidentally to C/B's, and they both use a Buble song as one of their music cuts... Hmmm

Last edited:

mollymgr

I'm just 😍 at that ending pose. I'm always disappointed with starting or ending poses for most programs from various teams. But this FD has finally figured it out. Those are the bookends and need just as much thought put into it as the rest of the program.

starrynight

Chock/Bates made a smart choice in picking music that didn't allow their choreographers to rely on a repertoire of moves they've used in past programs, which is clearly a temptation when they're producing eleventy million programs.

I think you've made a really good point as to why Chock/Bates have such an interesting program compared to others. And Chock/Bates deserve credit because at Gadbois, if a team doesn't have a good idea then they will get lost in the crowd.

I find myself really appreciating the lack of complex narrative in their FD. No voiceovers, no plotlines, no deep symbolic meaning to try and parse. She's a snake? He's a snake charmer? Okay, got it, now I can just enjoy it.

I agree. It's nice to have a program that doesn't take itself so incredibly seriously. But it's also vibrant and fun.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I find myself really appreciating the lack of complex narrative in their FD. No voiceovers, no plotlines, no deep symbolic meaning to try and parse. She's a snake? He's a snake charmer? Okay, got it, now I can just enjoy it.
Absolutely, but it is only true because there are alternatives. I love the diversity this year among the top teams specifically. From abstract with P/C to spacey with G/F to pure entertainment with C/B to sexy with FB/S and so on. I don't love all but the variety is here. As I've said C/B is my favorite after P/C and both brings two very very different things to the table which makes ice dance this year quite exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information