Bobrova talks Medvedeva and flowers

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Well, this is interesting: a short interview where Bobrova claims that Janny did try to go give Eteri flowers (according to Russian speakers on Twitter and to Google Translate), but they were unable to work out a time, or something.

dinakt

Video for Russian speakers. Ms. Bobrova truly has the gift of gab.

Bobrova gives another interview

Thank you! I've always loved Bobrova's voice, so I am enjoying listening:) She speaks well- fluid, clear. And she is positive.
Bobrova is a very wholesome person (and, as Soloviev said, "joyful and talkative"). Best wishes to her.
Asked about her favorite programs from last year, she says "Van Gogh"-Gilles/Poirier (plus Sinitsina/Katsalapov's RD "Tango").
She also says she loves Popova/Mozgov's sense of humor and creativity.

Last edited:

BittyBug

Disgusted
Bobrova is a very wholesome person...
She certainly appears to be that way. Didn't she sell the Mercedes she was gifted for the Team Gold in Sochi and donate the money to charity? And now she wants to help children without economic means to experience the joy of skating.

She sounds very satisfied with her life right now, as she should be, and I wish her well in her future endeavors.

Tinami Amori

Tutberidze does not need Med's blimey flowers ... :rofl:. Eteri has accomplishments and recognition of her talents falling on her all year long. She said in a recent interview "Zhenya needs to do it for her self, to find closure, as a symbol of the path that ended".

Exactly the same "feeling of uneasiness" that Tzurskaya had, until she found time to bring closure to her path with Eteri, and now proudly said so in her last interview.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Had time to listen - quite an interesting interview. She revives the Sochi 2014, explains the programme change for the Olympics and talks in depths about their feelings back then and even now; when asked which programmes stood out for her last season - SinKats' tango, Gilles/Porier and praises them for always being interesting different and innovative, Hanyu is something she can just rewatch for hours, the pairs- James/Cipres LP was the highlight of the pairs season for her.
She is one of the not so many ladies who has the flowing language - no 'it's like you knows' and 'eeeeeeeerrrrrmmm' for half an hour. Am not sure I'll miss her skating much, but I will miss her press conferences.

Bigbird

Had time to listen - quite an interesting interview. She revives the Sochi 2014, explains the programme change for the Olympics and talks in depths about their feelings back then and even now; when asked which programmes stood out for her last season - SinKats' tango, Gilles/Porier and praises them for always being interesting different and innovative, Hanyu is something she can just rewatch for hours, the pairs- James/Cipres LP was the highlight of the pairs season for her.
She is one of the not so many ladies who has the flowing language - no 'it's like you knows' and 'eeeeeeeerrrrrmmm' for half an hour. Am not sure I'll miss her skating much, but I will miss her press conferences.
We need not worry if there is a way Bobrova will find a way to have a press conference. :)

Madhatter

I don't know why some people think it's an obsession? It's a deeply rooted custom. You bring your teachers flowers. Where I'm from kids do it at the end of each school year starting from kindergarten throught their entire course of education.

muffinplus

Bobrova is getting trashed for her behavior towards Zagitova at the Olympics, which she addressed in this interview... this is not to start another flood of comments from Tinami :lol: I have no idea if it's the usual trolls or Zagitovaubers on sports.ru inventing this or not... probably?

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

No, it’s you who has been making the drama. :p

If you have visions of me in the bodies of Bobrova, Tzurskaya, Penenkova, Tarakanova, Shelepen, Sakhanovich and many others, including journalists, who talk about “flower for Eteri” for over a year, then you need serious professional help.. :rofl:

And i am quite sure that @Wyliefan, who posted this link and the title, does not think that she is "me" or that she is making a drama.. ;)

Tinami Amori

Bobrova is getting trashed for her behavior towards Zagitova at the Olympics, which she addressed in this interview... this is not to start another flood of comments from Tinami :lol: I have no idea if it's the usual trolls or Zagitovaubers on sports.ru inventing this or not... probably?
Bobrova is giving her version of the story and she is twisting facts, giving a "red herring", buy putting emphasis on Alina being an adult and could have asked for help if she wanted to. That was not the issue. Bobrova was in an official capacity as a Team Captain, it obligated her to follow certain protocol of giving equal attention to all medalists, in public speaking and in actions. Instead she completely ignored Zagitova, demonstratively turned away from her, spoke praises only of Medeveda, and formed "little cliques" of other skaters which gave Zagitova looks and body language negativity. She was acting like "highschool mean girl", showing obvious resentment towards Zagitova's win.

It was a well noted situation the evening of the FS and Zagitova's win. Even Julia Lipnitskaya, who is "no fan of Eteri", was outraged, and during Zagitova's skate at the Gala, spoke about it through Zagitova's whole programme, that she does not understand all the negativity against Alina, "people" are not entitled to win based on past results, Alina was the best that night, and should not be bullied (that video can be found) or put down.

Bobrova can sell whatever BS she is selling now, it's irrelevant. Besides Bobrova lied, Medvedeva was not trying to bring ET flowers. She came to the main office and left flowers for the Sambo-70 club, as per Medevedeva's own words.

E.T does not need Med's flowers, she had her prize with all 3 of her girls on the World Podium this year, in the proper order, and nobody is killing each other either... :D

It's unfortunate that some skaters and journalists are trying to stay relevant by attaching themselves to the old issues.

muffinplus

Where can it be seen that Bobrova ignored Zagitova? I don't even know what people are referring to... is this on video? I see all these references to her ignoring Zagitova but have no clue what they are based on?

Tinami Amori

Where can it be seen that Bobrova ignored Zagitova? I don't even know what people are referring to... is this on video? I see all these references to her ignoring Zagitova but have no clue what they are based on?
She had to even explain herself after the Olympics..
April 2018 "Bobrova - I had many complaints that i am bullying (hostile towards) Zagitova, but it is not so".

Bigbird

Bobrova can be a mean girl/bully when she wants just ask Maxim Trankov. She was very upset at the rise of Elena Ilinykh when she skated with Katsalapov. She was furious that Ilinykh got a chance to skate at the team competition and she could not congratulate her in Sochi when she won team and individual medals. It was Bobrova's mother who congratulated Lena when she won bronze and team gold in Sochi, there are other details but I've chosen not to mention them here. When Katsalapov dumped Ilinykh in Saitama, Bobrova made fun of the situation on Social media. So IMHO, Bobrova would be doing herself a favour by talking less. She has a reputation, she just does these things with a smile, she should give it a rest already.

Finsta

I always read that Julia hates Medvedeva, so not surprising she was supporting Zagitova at Olympics.
I don’t know. I always viewed it as 2 of Brian Orsers girls on the world podium. Silver and bronze.

Bigbird

My feeling is why does it have to escalate so far in the Russian camp. Why does everything have to be so do or die? Bobrova said Ilinykh was someone with whom she always fought, but that was only in competition!! When the competition ends and you retire is it really so hard to be civil and supportive to two little girls? Why not make Dima Team Captain? I thought he would have been more fun and impartial.

VGThuy

Feelings are heightened during highly competitive environments and when the primary thing you have is your skating goals. Look at the top three US teams in ice dance leading up to Pyeongchang. Then during SOI after the Olympics, it seems things got better. Isn’t this sort of old news though? Didn’t Bobrova help Ilinykh/Soloviev train for their shows? It seems time has made things better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information