From Russia with Love [#33]: Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

Can't wait to see Tina's new skating dresses this season.
Look at this page, turn it 180, and see under the cat's tail last two sketches, that maybe it IF approved by the Queen.

for refs:

Ka3sha

Maxim Miroshkin teamed up with Nadezhda Labazina.
Misma Ge choreographed their LP: “Le nozze di Fígaro - The Marriage of Fígaro”

Now the question is - will we see them on competitive ice next season?
If I remember correctly, Ge also choreographed a program for Miroshkin and Liza Zhuk last season, but we didn’t have a chance to see it

J

Jeschke

Please :drama:
I have no clue who she is, but I really liked Miroshkin, so I long to see him back.

Edit: I now know who she is :D

Last edited by a moderator:

hanca

Values her privacy
Please :drama:
I have no clue who she is, but I really liked Miroshkin, so I long to see him back.
She skated last season with Rakhmanin. They actually were not bad at all, placing 3rd and 4th at their Russian cup events with scores just over 170. They qualified for the junior nationals but had to withdraw, and he was too old to compete in Junior B nationals (nationals of elder age). They also placed 1st and 2nd at the senior events of Russian cups, they qualified to the senior nationals and placed 11th (to be fair they were juniors) with score of 174. In my opinion, it is a pity they split up because this season they would easily get their JGP events.

In my view, it is a waste of a decent pair female skater to be paired with Miroshkin. As much as I liked his skating when he skated with Fedorova, the reality is that he has been injured since 2015. In the past four years he has tried several partners, but managed to compete only once, with Yugai in February 2017 and the result was pretty bad. Score 142 at senior level, that’s roughly 30-40 points less than top Russian juniors score. Liza Zhuk was very promising with her previous partner, then she teamed up with Miroshkin and hasn’t competed for 18 months. Don’t get me wrong, I do feel sorry for Miroshkin that he has been injured, especially when it happen during his compulsory medical. But at the same time, I think it may be time to face the reality that he won’t competitive elite skater any more and move on. It is not his fault, but it is clear that either his injury or his lack of commitment to his competitive career prevents him to get back to decent level. If he was a singles skater, I may not care as much, but how fair it is to be paired up with all those promising skaters and then it doesn’t go anywhere and they wasted their time on this. If he could have competed, he would have. Liza Zhuk is now supposed to be skating with Bidar, so it is not as if he couldn’t compete because he had a bad partner. He is also currently involved with Ilynikh/Lipnitskaya’s skating school project and travels a lot, does he really committed to pursuing senior elite competitive skating? Can he fit all that in?

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

If I remember correctly, Ge also choreographed a program for Miroshkin and Liza Zhuk last season, but we didn’t have a chance to see it

Great news! I liked Labazina at Nationals last year; hopefully this partnership works out!

Amy L

I am hoping the same for team Panfilova/Rylov.

Panfilova/Rylov have gorgeous everything, except for the nonexistent triples. They have 3(?) more years in juniors to figure it out, or else become Belarussians or something.

I love sassy Polina Kostiukovich & partner, but I worry for her Polinaness. Could she be the Polina to break the Polina curse?

I liked Pepelova/Pleshkov last season, so I hope they can improve and qualify for the JGPF this season. otoh, they are from the Mozer school and once they hit seniors the programs tend to turn to garbage, but I can like them for now!

As for Miroshkin, I'll believe it when I see it.

Anyone know anything about what Nikita Volodin is up to? I heard that Amina Atakhanova retired due to injury, but I didn't find out anything about whether Volodin is planning on continuing or not.

hanca

Values her privacy
I really liked the relatively new junior pair Mukhortova/Evgeniev. Even though they didn’t have the harder elements yet because they were both new to pairs, there was something in their skating that I found very watchable. The extensions, and being very synchronised (perhaps even more than pairs who skate together for a long time).

I am also curious how Nika Osipova will do with Bushlanov. She has been quite unlucky. She was doing pretty well with Galliamov before they took Galliamov away and gave him to Mishina. Osipova got Tarasenko who was new to pairs. Then she was going to skate with Bidar and wasn’t released. I wish this partnership would finally work out for her. Bushlanov aged out, so they will have to skate as seniors. Not easy in Russia at the moment.

Bigbird

She skated last season with Rakhmanin. They actually were not bad at all, placing 3rd and 4th at their Russian cup events with scores just over 170. They qualified for the junior nationals but had to withdraw, and he was too old to compete in Junior B nationals (nationals of elder age). They also placed 1st and 2nd at the senior events of Russian cups, they qualified to the senior nationals and placed 11th (to be fair they were juniors) with score of 174. In my opinion, it is a pity they split up because this season they would easily get their JGP events.

In my view, it is a waste of a decent pair female skater to be paired with Miroshkin. As much as I liked his skating when he skated with Fedorova, the reality is that he has been injured since 2015. In the past four years he has tried several partners, but managed to compete only once, with Yugai in February 2017 and the result was pretty bad. Score 142 at senior level, that’s roughly 30-40 points less than top Russian juniors score. Liza Zhuk was very promising with her previous partner, then she teamed up with Miroshkin and hasn’t competed for 18 months. Don’t get me wrong, I do feel sorry for Miroshkin that he has been injured, especially when it happen during his compulsory medical. But at the same time, I think it may be time to face the reality that he won’t competitive elite skater any more and move on. It is not his fault, but it is clear that either his injury or his lack of commitment to his competitive career prevents him to get back to decent level. If he was a singles skater, I may not care as much, but how fair it is to be paired up with all those promising skaters and then it doesn’t go anywhere and they wasted their time on this. If he could have competed, he would have. Liza Zhuk is now supposed to be skating with Bidar, so it is not as if he couldn’t compete because he had a bad partner. He is also currently involved with Ilynikh/Lipnitskaya’s skating school project and travels a lot, does he really committed to pursuing senior elite competitive skating? Can he fit all that in?

I think Moser has the same reservations. Zhuk was the much better girl, but Miroshkin, for better or for worse, and I was really a fan, his best days are now behind him. But who knows maybe this will work for them both.

Tinami Amori

Zagitova and Trusova will represent "Team Europe" at Japan Open 2019 (October 5)

Last edited:

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Russian press is in a serious off season. Interview with Davankova and with Grebenkina.

hanca

Values her privacy
Russian press is in a serious off season. Interview with Davankova and with Grebenkina.
Please, translate the interview with Davankova, so that we can hear again from @Tinami Amori about Davankova’s bad character, including laziness and unwillingness to do something ‘proper’ with her life.

Saying that, Davankova explained why she changed from pairs to ice dance. Becoming older, her self-preservation instinct awoke and she became scared of some pair elements.

Mad for Skating

Well if you’re in a relationship with your coach, some of the normal coaching, particularly the part where the coach pushes you to train harder, goes out the window. I wonder what she would’ve been like if she was coached by someone not named Nikolai Morozov

Tinami Amori

Please, translate the interview with Davankova, so that we can hear again from @Tinami Amori about Davankova’s bad character, including laziness and unwillingness to do something ‘proper’ with her life.

Be careful what you ask for ;) or you may end up reading about her scandals with parents over Morozov, choosing “blogging about herself” over “training as a coach”, bragging in an earlier video about skipping classes and cheating on the university exam while manipulating her teacher.
https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-...kova---o-brake-i-razvode-s-43-letnim-trenerom

… or that she had to go back to Russia because “in America she had no room to grow as a person”, and that her “blogging” job requires technical equipment/props, space and structure, and a group of assistants…. :D
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz23EINIwMP/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxZvcGgIco5/

Who knows? Few people with a brain maybe even agree with me.. (not trying to change your mind about Davankova… please note, I said “with a brain”.)

Tinami Amori

Well….. there is Stanislava Konstantinova’s birthday – turns 19 today..
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/beauty/2508494.html

… and Kolyada’s full interview in Russian, that is not a short English version for the ifsmagazine, and many interesting details that were skipped..
http://figureskating-online.com/mikhail-kolyada.html

… and then there is Aveburch, who thinks that “scandals/gossips are good for the popularity of figure skating” and that “Tarasova is the pillar of Russian Figure Skating”..
https://rsport.ria.ru/20190710/1556383050.html?in=t

… and then there are always “Med's fan pages” where they discuss “how white Med’s skin is, not like the other tanned one”…. in addition to "Zagitova is a Tatar and a Muslim".. :lol:

… or sending death threats to Tutberidze with nasty photos of what to do to her.. like killing her with a stake knife.. (and some poor soul trying to remove the account, bless her heat.. :lol:).
https://twitter.com/tutragen
https://twitter.com/tutragen/status/1148639759004262400

Ka3sha

… or sending death threats to Tutberidze with nasty photos of what to do to her.. like killing her with a stake knife.. (and some pooir soul trying to remove the account).
https://twitter.com/tutragen
https://twitter.com/tutragen/status/1148639759004262400
Oh god, just stop it..
Do you think we are all so stupid here? And are not able to open those links and read the captions or tweets?

Because all I can see on that account is complimentary tweets about both Evgenia and Eteri. Even the caption says 'Evgenia Armanovna & Eteri Georgiyevna stan account.' :rolleyes:
As for the second link - it's a meme (person on the right is 'Tarzan' , Russian actor, stripper, singer and all this stuff). Do I really have to say that there's no mention of any death threats?

hanca

Values her privacy
Be careful what you ask for ;) or you may end up reading about her scandals with parents over Morozov, choosing “blogging about herself” over “training as a coach”, bragging in an earlier video about skipping classes and cheating on the university exam while manipulating her teacher.
https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-...kova---o-brake-i-razvode-s-43-letnim-trenerom

… or that she had to go back to Russia because “in America she had no room to grow as a person”, and that her “blogging” job requires technical equipment/props, space and structure, and a group of assistants…. :D
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz23EINIwMP/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxZvcGgIco5/

Who knows? Few people with a brain maybe even agree with me.. (not trying to change your mind about Davankova… please note, I said “with a brain”.)
I knew you wouldn’t disappoint. Of course you can’t help yourself.

Not sure what skipping classes or cheating at exam have to do with the latest interview. It is not mentioned there, is it? And I believe she already graduated, so skipping the classes didn’t cause her any long-term harm.

I don’t blame her that she felt she didn’t have room to grow as a person in the USA. If she wanted to study, it would have been much cheaper in Russia. She probably didn’t have money to pay for uni in the USA, and didn’t wish her husband to pay for it (and also be completely financially dependent on him for the next 3-5 years). So it was a choice between education, coaching or having a family and be completely financially dependent on her husband. She says coaching didn’t attract her much, so she chose education and also found a way how to earn money by doing online blogs.

I am absolutely confused about what exactly you have against her. If she stayed in the USA, you would criticise her that she threw herself on her husband and expect him to financially support her. She hasn’t done that. She decided she wants to study and earn money. What’s wrong with that? It is interesting how everything can be interpreted in various way. What I consider quite positive, you still manage to twist into something negative. So what that she didn’t enjoy coaching? There are hundreds of jobs I wouldn’t particularly enjoy. And so what that she is earning money by blogging? Yes, it may seem to you that her posts lack intelligence, but people are happy to watch it, it earns her money and she enjoys doing it. I had various jobs during uni, such as working in a bakery, in a pizza place, delivering leaflets etc. I can’t say that loved those jobs but it got me the money. She found a way where she enjoys herself. Well done to her.

hanca

Values her privacy
Well if you’re in a relationship with your coach, some of the normal coaching, particularly the part where the coach pushes you to train harder, goes out the window. I wonder what she would’ve been like if she was coached by someone not named Nikolai Morozov
I think she achieved much more by being trained by her husband than she would achieve with any other coach. The results in her first ice dance season were pretty impressive (for someone who changed discipline at this age). For comparison, Stavitskaya also changed discipline from singles to ice dance in her later teens and didn’t have such good results. I think Morozov put in a lot of extra hours to get the results. Saying that, I am guessing it probably wasn’t doing much good to their relationship.

Tinami Amori

I knew you wouldn’t disappoint. Of course you can’t help yourself.
How can i disappoint someone who gives my words so much value and attention. and thank you for the opportunity to have a laugh about Davankova, she is such a feature.... ;)

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Jesus, Tinami, did you mention in one of your previous posts that (unlike Davankova) you are intelligent? I hate to say it, but your posts when you write about Tutberidze, her skaters and her past skaters don’t show that you are. Most of your posts on this topic contain such a weird and illogical reasoning that I would guess you are a young girl who hasn’t figured out yet that she can use her brain. All those assumed slights someone made (or in your view made) against Tutberidze or her skaters, and as a fighter for Tutberidze’s rights, you are ready to fight... even if the offence against Tutberidze is only imaginary, in your head. I still remember how you fought for Medvedeva, and suddenly she is the bad guy...and anyone associated with her. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information