From Russia With Love (No 32): Spring to Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

Sorry for the thread drift, but I just have a quick question.
I thought the ‘a’ was only added to females’ last names in Russian?
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve never seen Trankov spelled that way in reference to Maxim. I probably just missed it and I’m confused.
Just checking.
Sorry, it is "Trankov", fixed it.

She is putting her country in the map. She deserves her own thread. So many of my friends proud of her. She could be World Champion.
I already started one, it lasted 5 days and received relatively little interest over all.
https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...er-eteri-training-issues.105048/#post-5496582

Last edited:

zebraswan

Off season "skaters, skating.... fashion"...
Maxim Kovtun, still in view, on two feet, not hurt, but not seen skating as of yet.
https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/6be1682c-2541-48f3-a799-9c94ef71d1c0.png

That's not true, he posted some clips of himself skating at the CSKA rink at night alone. If I had to guess, maybe he's choreographing an ex for Eteri's show. I have no idea what is going on with him and don't particularly care...but he's been skating.

Tinami Amori

That's not true, he posted some clips of himself skating at the CSKA rink at night alone. If I had to guess, maybe he's choreographing an ex for Eteri's show. I have no idea what is going on with him and don't particularly care...but he's been skating.
Thanks! i'd love to see them if you have a link, and it is probably for that Krasnodar show. Well, at least he is not "injured".

aemeraldrainc

yes, and he doesn't seem a poor guy. He complained if you remember https://www.instagram.com/p/BvetYaBFLPK/

You don’t have to be rich to dress well(or attempt to dress well).
There’s thrift and second hand stores, for example. Or it could be a gift from friends/sponsor, etc.
I can’t say I have inside knowledge or know the balance of Kovtun’s bank account but appearances can be deceiving and maybe we shouldn’t jump to conclusions?
Just my .02 cents.

lala

You don’t have to be rich to dress well(or attempt to dress well).
There’s thrift and second hand stores, for example. Or it could be a gift from friends/sponsor, etc.
I can’t say I have inside knowledge or know the balance of Kovtun’s bank account but appearances can be deceiving and maybe we shouldn’t jump to conclusions?
Just my .02 cents.

Yes, who knows? But the motocycle, his cars aren't cheap..But do you know what? I don't care about it just it was my thougth suddenly

Japanfan

Credit where credit is due. Morozov is very debonair and he honestly loves and cherishes women. He actually feels totally in love at the time.

There can be one major problem with men of this type. They love and cherish women. But, they fail to understand that women are people.

I think he got caught in a fate worse than death in his latest marriage and he is steering away from young very impressionable women who do not have a lot of substance and has switched to a more mature woman with layers. I hope things work out for the 3 of them both on and off the ice...But then I am a bit of a Pollyanna.

Methinks it is not the young women who are lacking in substance. :p

And his last marriage was a fate worse than death? Um. . .he's been married how many times now?

zebraswan

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Kolyada has posted on his instagram that he was hospitalized again with "old diseases", so apparently he has been struggling with sinusitis all season. I guess, no WTT for him then.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvyfl62FIkJ/
How considerate that Kolyada also posted his IG message in English and Japanese for his fans. :) Re-posting @Eislauffan from the WTT thread today:
Mikhail's sinusitis problems started at the beginning of the season, after he returned from the training camp with Rafael Arutunian in California, IIRC. So also after a transcontinental flight. He was treated for it with antibiotics, but started his season as planned with the test skates and Challenger events. However, he apparently never was really healthy, because he struggled with stamina in the Grand Prix and overall seemed not at his best. Just before Nationals in December the sinusitis hit him badly, he was hospitalized, but left the hospital after about three days to travel to Saransk for Nationals. He felt terrible but competed successfully. After Nationals he took a break to recover and was declared healthy (according to him). But apparently the illness came back now and even worse than before - now it was a two-sided sinusitis (before it was one sided). :-( At least there is no rush to get ready for a competition now and hopefully he can fully recover. He is feeling better already. Looking at these ongoing health problems all season I think it is still remarkable what he was able to do.

Moustaffask8r

There can be one major problem with men of this type. They love and cherish women. But, they fail to understand that women are people.

And his last marriage was a fate worse than death? Um. . .he's been married how many times now?
Anyone has a list affairs, married to... It's delicate situation now since the daughter is older than most of the girlfriend!!

Tinami Amori

A new Skating Training Centre is opening in Minsk, Belarussia, opening is on 18th of April 2019.
"Alexei Yagudin Training Programme".
https://news.tut.by/society/632420.html?crnd=85689

He will be teaching young children, 3 to 9, and assisting with training of Belarussia National Team.
His wife, Tatiana Totmianina, and Polina Shelepen, will be assisting him. (Polina left Tzareva's group already earlier, where she was an assistant coach).

There will be 3 groups of young children, 15-20 in each group, the registration for the programme already started on line. The training centre will include other facilities for choreography and different off ice training.

hanca

Values her privacy
He will be teaching young children, 3 to 9, and assisting with training of Belarussia National Team.
His wife, Tatiana Totmianina, and Polina Shelepen, will be assisting him. (Polina left Tzareva's group already earlier, where she was an assistant coach).
Oh, did she? I thought she was getting so well with her new BFF Tutberidze, she would stay there for a while.

Tinami Amori

Oh, did she? I thought she was getting so well with her new BFF Tutberidze, she would stay there for a while.
Shelepen was working for Tsareva, not ET. Tsareva's camp is part of "Sambo-70" but a different rink, in Mariyeva Roscha.

Mad for Skating

Credit where credit is due. Morozov is very debonair and he honestly loves and cherishes women. He actually feels totally in love at the time. I think he got caught in a fate worse than death in his latest marriage and he is steering away from young very impressionable women who do not have a lot of substance and has switched to a more mature woman with layers. I hope things work out for the 3 of them both on and off the ice...But then I am a bit of a Pollyanna.

I do agree that he must have some affection for them at the time; he can’t be just a caricature of a man. No one can truly be THAT shallow. Sometimes I wonder if he had his heart broken when he was young and never recovered.

However, it’s not Ksenia’s job to heal him. He doesn’t need a mature woman to fix him. He needs to fix himself and understand why he lives the way he does. I’m all for him getting his act together, but I don’t want him messing up Ksenia in the process.

Unless of course, he really is a simple old Don Juan who’s just here for a good time and doesn’t need any soul-searching to figure it out. He certainly is a character.

Hm. Probably Morozov is charming( not for me) but after Navka, Ilinykh, Davankova, etc. I wouldn't believe him. But I wish to Ksenia happiness.

I agree, I wouldn’t date him knowing his history either. But I think Ksenia probably won’t stay for long. The minute her career is on the rise and she’s kicking butt like the fierce diva she is, she won’t need his emotional support anymore. However, I do worry about how coaching will go if they do break up.

“Fate worse than death? “ Please explain. I have a hard time imagining that being married to a pretty young woman can be that. If it was this bad for him, I can’t imagine how much worse it must have been for her.

I think she meant he had a rough divorce. But still, it seems royally unfair that he’s dated all the hottest women in the sport and I am still pathetically single.

Off-season has not yet begun and we are already going after Morozov again? :rofl:

I sure am. A daily complaint about Morozov is just what the doctor ordered.
You laugh, but imagine if TAT started dating your precious Aliev or Samarin. We’ll see who’s crying now.

According to all who are close to the situation, Morozov and Stolbova are not an item. He is currently flying solo in his personal life. His role in Stolbova's life is simply that of a coach.

Really? Because I heard firsthand accounts of people saying they were caught holding hands in public. She also accompanied him to California when he went to Four Continents (it was her birthday that week too) and she posted an Instagram story for his birthday (just a pic of him with some balloons, but he appeared to be at someone’s home and not a rink). If they are not together at the moment, that means they must’ve broken up after February.

I agree with this. I think he usually dates women who are young, beautiful, and like to be pampered while not giving him too much trouble. Honestly I was surprised he would date Ksenia because she has a strong personality AND she has a lot of emotional baggage right now.

He’s been married four times. But who’s counting lol?

hanca

Values her privacy
I do agree that he must have some affection for them at the time; he can’t be just a caricature of a man. No one can truly be THAT shallow. Sometimes I wonder if he had his heart broken when he was young and never recovered.

However, it’s not Ksenia’s job to heal him. He doesn’t need a mature woman to fix him. He needs to fix himself and understand why he lives the way he does. I’m all for him getting his act together, but I don’t want him messing up Ksenia in the process.

Unless of course, he really is a simple old Don Juan who’s just here for a good time and doesn’t need any soul-searching to figure it out. He certainly is a character.

I agree, I wouldn’t date him knowing his history either. But I think Ksenia probably won’t stay for long. The minute her career is on the rise and she’s kicking butt like the fierce diva she is, she won’t need his emotional support anymore. However, I do worry about how coaching will go if they do break up.

I think she meant he had a rough divorce. But still, it seems royally unfair that he’s dated all the hottest women in the sport and I am still pathetically single.

I sure am. A daily complaint about Morozov is just what the doctor ordered.
You laugh, but imagine if TAT started dating your precious Aliev or Samarin. We’ll see who’s crying now.

Really? Because I heard firsthand accounts of people saying they were caught holding hands in public. She also accompanied him to California when he went to Four Continents (it was her birthday that week too) and she posted an Instagram story for his birthday (just a pic of him with some balloons, but he appeared to be at someone’s home and not a rink). If they are not together at the moment, that means they must’ve broken up after February.

I agree with this. I think he usually dates women who are young, beautiful, and like to be pampered while not giving him too much trouble. Honestly I was surprised he would date Ksenia because she has a strong personality AND she has a lot of emotional baggage right now.

He’s been married four times. But who’s counting lol?
I wouldn’t take that seriously when someone on the forum is swearing that ‘they are not together’. I have heard plenty of that with Morozov-Ilynikh and then Morozov -Davankova. I am not sure why some people would bother to post denials when the rest of the world can see it for themselves. It is not as if Morozov could move somewhere where nobody knows him. He is dependent on having access to ice rink to be able to do his job, and where there is the ice rink, there are also usually ice skating fans around.

hanca

Values her privacy
Has anyone noticed that Russian federation renamed the competition. It used to be Older age nationals for all four disciplines, and now it seems that it remained (second) nationals only for pairs and ice dance, and ladies and men have a competition which is considered separate and got different name. I wonder if it still be considered as important for ladies and men as the older age nationals were, (i.e. giving the medallist a chance to get onto the national team), or whether the change of name also signifies change of status.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Has anyone noticed that Russian federation renamed the competition. It used to be Older age nationals for all four disciplines, and now it seems that it remained (second) nationals only for pairs and ice dance, and ladies and men have a competition which is considered separate and got different name. I wonder if it still be considered as important for ladies and men as the older age nationals were, (i.e. giving the medallist a chance to get onto the national team), or whether the change of name also signifies change of status.
I frankly don't care if they name it a Jack in the Box Parade.... they are now holding as much as 4-5 local/national, yet important, competitions per month..... and put on live video 24/7..... i can't keep track of them all anyway....

mjb52

I wonder if the Federation finds it all stressful to have this many incredible skaters at every age level. It seems almost overwhelming at this point. Has there ever been a situation like this in skating history in any country?

starrynight

How the eff does Morozov keep getting ladies? Dude needs to write a book for the rest of us staring at perpetual spinsterhood.

This. Skating is such a small world that I can’t imagine you could keep too many secrets. If you’ve married 4 people from the tiny elite section of the skating world (and dated many more) I can imagine every piece of your dirty laundry has been thoroughly aired in public.

Tinami Amori

How the eff does Morozov keep getting ladies? Dude needs to write a book for the rest of us staring at perpetual spinsterhood.
Oy... I don't get why Morozov is viewed as "Casanova" or a heart breaker. Yes he dated lots of women, publicly. we don't know who ended the relationship. maybe some or all dumped him first. why do we assume that it is men who have the final word and control the relationship, or in this case Morozov? there is an old russian "street-jargon" verse, which i think fits him.. it's a rhyme..

Вот и вся любовь моя
двадцать три девки бросил я
тридцать три бросили меня

Love-lucky can i be,
I dumped twenty three,
Thirty three dumped me.

Who cares how many he dates if they all enjoy each other for short or long while. He behaved badly few years ago, while at an official ISU event, with another ISU member, and it had nothing to do with "sex". In my book what he did and said would be against any official international function's rules. He should have been suspended for couple of years from attending any ISU events in an official capacity, but that did not happen. too bad. but his love affairs are perfectly fine, and between him and the girl.

Last edited:

Japanfan

Seriously. How does he do it? I guess some women find him attractive. He's probably charming. But his reputation....:scream:

He's probably seductive as well as charming. Young women can be particularly vulnerable to such a man.

Unfortunately there is some truth to the saying 'nice guys finish last'.

I think you give him too much credit. If it looks like a duck jerk and walks like a duck jerk, it might just be a duck jerk - and/or classic example of male entitlement.

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva for St Petersburg Sobaka magazine
Translation: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: It’s impossible to perceive every competition as World Championship – otherwise it will break you
You were preparing for the World Championships, but you didn’t got into the main team. How did you take this news?
– I was upset, but I didn’t lose heart. Now I train as before, because you can’t relax. Future plans also have not changed, I continue to skate and don’t intend to end my career.
But recently you said that 22 is a respectable age for a figure skater.
– Rather, I was joking. I don’t want to set some kind of frameworks for myself, I will build on my feelings and skate as long as my health permits and I have a desire. There is no right age for leaving sport, now everything is changing rapidly, for example, Carolina Kostner has been skating up to 30 years. I still hope to get to the Olympics – the third attempt should be lucky.
How do you think why your gala program to Britney Spears, first shown in Canada, became an Internet hit?
– I’m different from other skaters, I like to bring a shocking highlight to this sport, to be bright and bold, not to coincide with the usual image of a skating girl. Surprisingly,but despite the venerable age, my coach Alexei Mishin is also very bold, keen, eager to know the trends, so we understand each other perfectly. Although, I had to talk him a little to make the Toxic program. But, since I’m already adult and experienced, I have a slight advantage – after telling that everyone knows this song and the audience will definitely like the performance, he agreed. I know that more than a million people watched it on YouTube, but I try not to take it seriously. I’m sure that it was cool, though there was also a lot of negativity, especially from women. People got used to a specific format of figure skating, and then some hotshot came and made some noise. Of course it makes angry. But I learned not to take haters to heart. When you know your self-worth, it is easier to push the negative away. I looked at myself in the mirror, admitted that I didn’t have a model figure, that I was small and with shapes, and learnt to be happy with who I am. Some may not like it, but this is not my business. All comments are nothing if you respect yourself.
Not all who do sports choose a career as a professional athlete. Do you have a sporty character?
– I was a very active child, it was important for me to put energy somewhere. And my parents are not one of those who will force a child to do something, they didn’t tell me: “You must become a champion.” This is in my character, even at simple “fun competitions” it was important for me to be the first. Perhaps this because my dad was also an athlete, he had the will to win, which he passed to me.
In 2006, Alexei Mishin, the number one coach in Russian figure skating, paid attention to you, a ten-year-old child. What did you feel?
– Nothing, I didn’t understand anything, I was quite small. Only with age I realized what a legendary person is coaching me. From our acquaintance with him, my professional sports career began. Then my life changed: my childhood was over, I always went to the training camps, sport was in the first place. Of course, there were moments when I wanted to quit. Doubts passed when I realized what kind of world awaits me. I began to travel the world, communicate with different people. I thought: “Yes, my life is much cooler than the life of ordinary schoolchildren!” I had to grow up earlier than others, but then I was even happy about it. Now I understand that it would be better to remain a child a little longer.
You have a rough career, after the serious victories in 2012–2013, you results were far from the best. What happened?
– Transitional age, the Olympic season, the responsibility broke me. The breasts and hips began to appear, I put on weight, and every gram was felt on the ice – it hit me. I constantly thought about competitions, set myself an impossible task. Therefore, 2014 was a failure for me. I overreacted, it seemed to me much more serious than it actually was, I was overthinking. Because of this, I have such a strange career – everything goes from your mind. When I missed the Olympics, broke my leg, flew out of the national team, I realized that it could not be worse. It helped me to let go of the situation and start enjoying what I have. And then the time to feel the taste of victory again has come. I went to the ice and wasn’t afraid that something wouldn’t work out. It’s very difficult to maintain this ease – after that season I didn’t have it for three years. You need to constantly motivate yourself, to feel who you are and what you can. At the same time, it’s impossible to perceive every competition as a World Championship – otherwise it will break you.
Now you are engaged not only in figure skating, but also develop your personal brand, try yourself as commentator, actively lead instagram @liza_tuktik. This is not quite usual for a competitive athlete.
– I think about where to go after finishing my career. Otherwise, I will have only two options: coaching and shows. I want to explore the world, and I’m not sure that I want to devote 100% of my life to skating. I’m still developing the concept of my future brand. It’s much better when you have a choice about what to do. Although starting from scratch is very difficult.

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

I wouldn’t take that seriously when someone on the forum is swearing that ‘they are not together’. I have heard plenty of that with Morozov-Ilynikh and then Morozov -Davankova. I am not sure why some people would bother to post denials when the rest of the world can see it for themselves. It is not as if Morozov could move somewhere where nobody knows him. He is dependent on having access to ice rink to be able to do his job, and where there is the ice rink, there are also usually ice skating fans around.

I’m afraid they are together too. There’s no shame in it; Morozov is doing his typical thing again, and Ksenia is in a sticky situation where such things happen. That person’s sources may be mistaken, or maybe they broke up within the past month. I won’t comment until we get another update.

I will never understand how he’s gotten to date Ando, Ilinykh, and now Stolbova, while I’m still pathetically single and would marry any of them in a heartbeat.

Oy... I don't get why Morozov is viewed as "Casanova" or a heart breaker.

Do you even realize what you’re saying LOL?

I think you give him too much credit. If it looks like a duck jerk and walks like a duck jerk, it might just be a duck jerk - and/or classic example of male entitlement.

Well, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt...but you’re not wrong 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information