From Russia With Love (No 32): Spring to Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad for Skating

The Alexander Nevsky music is amazing. But of course it is being composed by a master like Prokofiev :cool: Problem with that program was Mozer and her once again highly questionable packaging. She disgracefully made brilliant music look tacky and gimmicky :angryfire

I think that music and all its drama and power would have looked brilliant with T/M's glorious skating skills. It should have gone to them!

I agree that the music isn’t bad. It’s just the cheap costumes and awkward choreography that annoys me. T/M could’ve done it justice!

If Elena could bury the hatchet, Morozov would be a great choice. Morozov is a genius when he puts his mind to it. If anyone could launch a new team straight to the top, it would be him!

While I agree with most of your points, I stop right here. Morozov is an excellent choreographer and coach, but I don’t think it would be a good idea for him and Elena to work together again. Like, VERY BAD IDEA. There’s too much water under the bridge, and tensions could escalate into a potentially dangerous situation. If anything, I think Elena and Dmitri could find a foreign coach. Love you, but I strongly disagree.

But does Morozov have stable training conditions? He seems to be a traveling nomad? Or is he now based in Russia training Stol/Nos?

I’ve always wondered how Morozov seems to manage all those teams. He has one base in Perm’, Russia for Stolbova/Novoselov, one in New Jersey for Weaver/Poje, and one in Europe (either France or Switzerland, I forget). Somehow he manages to do it though.

And I can’t imagine the atmosphere at the rink - Morozov coaching his current partner Stolbova to launch a new pair team, and at the same time coaching his ex to launch a new ice dance team? I wonder how the dynamics between Stolbova and Ilynikh would work...

I think that would be seriously uncomfortable. Both of them seem like pretty badass women who I wouldn’t want to fight! Nope, Elena would be better off to stay out of Morozov’s rink once and for all.

There is no way in hell that Elena and Dima would be willing to move to Perm to work with both of their exes (did you all forget that Ksenia and Dima were a couple)? I don't see any sense of urgency from them as far as competing is concerned anyway...yeah, I don't think it's happening.

Nope, I didn’t forget, they were cute together 😀 As much of a great soap opera that would be, I just can’t see that happening. It’s bad enough Morozov has one pretty woman in his rink to rendezvous with; he doesn’t need two.

Stolbova and Morozov? Since when? What happened to his young bride Vasilisa Davankova?

They divorced over a year ago but kept it low key. I believe Ksenia and Nikolai have been dating since last spring or early summer. They’ve been caught holding hands in public and she’s been traveling with him when he goes to competitions.
(Hey, don’t shoot the messenger).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I agree that the music isn’t bad. It’s just the cheap costumes and awkward choreography that annoys me. T/M could’ve done it justice!

While I agree with most of your points, I stop right here. Morozov is an excellent choreographer and coach, but I don’t think it would be a good idea for him and Elena to work together again. Like, VERY BAD IDEA. There’s too much water under the bridge, and tensions could escalate into a potentially dangerous situation. If anything, I think Elena and Dmitri could find a foreign coach. Love you, but I strongly disagree.

I’ve always wondered how Morozov seems to manage all those teams. He has one base in Perm’, Russia for Stolbova/Novoselov, one in New Jersey for Weaver/Poje, and one in Europe (either France or Switzerland, I forget). Somehow he manages to do it though.

I think that would be seriously uncomfortable. Both of them seem like pretty badass women who I wouldn’t want to fight! Nope, Elena would be better off to stay out of Morozov’s rink once and for all.

Nope, I didn’t forget, they were cute together 😀 As much of a great soap opera that would be, I just can’t see that happening. It’s bad enough Morozov has one pretty woman in his rink to rendezvous with; he doesn’t need two.

They divorced over a year ago but kept it low key. I believe Ksenia and Nikolai have been dating since last spring or early summer. They’ve been caught holding hands in public and she’s been traveling with him when he goes to competitions.
(Hey, don’t shoot the messenger).

I feel sorry for Ksenia. I thought she was an intelligent woman.

Mad for Skating

I feel sorry for Ksenia. I thought she was an intelligent woman.

She is. She’s one of the strongest, most insightful people I’ve ever seen. But she’s also gone through a crazy ordeal this year. She got banned from the Olympics without even an explanation why. She got seriously injured again. Her partner decided to retire. Her coach basically threw her under the bus. She started a new partnership and she doesn’t even know if the guy can get citizenship. I would say she’s in a very vulnerable position right now. Not to mention, Morozov is an expert at seducing women. He knows what to say to make them fall for him. This isn’t his first rodeo. So I wouldn’t say she is stupid.
However, I feel terrible for her and would do anything to see her dump him.

Taso

She is. She’s one of the strongest, most insightful people I’ve ever seen. But she’s also gone through a crazy ordeal this year. She got banned from the Olympics without even an explanation why. She got seriously injured again. Her partner decided to retire. Her coach basically threw her under the bus. She started a new partnership and she doesn’t even know if the guy can get citizenship. I would say she’s in a very vulnerable position right now. Not to mention, Morozov is an expert at seducing women. He knows what to say to make them fall for him. This isn’t his first rodeo. So I wouldn’t say she is stupid.

This. Also add to the vulnerability factors living in not one, but two completely new cities over the past year and she wouldn't have people around her she normally would (like her mother, for example),

Bigbird

Don't worry if a pair of 19 year olds were able to escape his clutches I'm certain Ksenia will come to her senses. OTOH, I don't get why more skaters don't work with Moskvina.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Morozov always goes for the vulnerable women- like young women (Elena Ilynikh, fir example), women who are having some difficulties (like Davankova losing Deputat as her pairs partner, trying ice dance, and not really making it). Now Stolbova.

lala

Morozov always goes for the vulnerable women- like young women (Elena Ilynikh, fir example), women who are having some difficulties (like Davankova losing Deputat as her pairs partner, trying ice dance, and not really making it). Now Stolbova.

I was surprised, too cca 2 months ago when i learned Davankova is gone and Ksenia is a new partner..Unbelieveable! The women never learn!

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
It was Deputat losing Davankova, who overgrew him. She paired up with Enbert, became part of the Mozer team and had a chance and the funding. She became Morozov's wife and then later an ice dancer, partly because team Mozer could afford working with him.
Deputat ended up skating with Bazarova in Vasiliev's team, who at that poit, IIRC received 0 funding.
Davankova had a chance to be a current Zabijako.

Mad for Skating

This. Also add to the vulnerability factors living in not one, but two completely new cities over the past year and she wouldn't have people around her she normally would (like her mother, for example),

Exactly! She’s been through hell and back and it’s only normal for her to do some ill-advised things right now. Not to mention, Morozov is probably being her emotional support system at the moment. No doubt he is saying that he believes in her and will help her reach her goal, which is something she isn’t hearing much lately.
Hopefully when she is in a better place, she can break up with him. And possibly date me.

True, true. He knows what he’s doing. My biggest concern now is how he will react if Ksenia does break up with him. She’ll be out of a coach.

I was surprised, too cca 2 months ago when i learned Davankova is gone and Ksenia is a new partner..Unbelieveable! The women never learn!

I wouldn’t say the women are to blame...he can be a very clever, charming man. Smart women get themselves messed up with problematic men all the time.

Don't worry if a pair 19 of year olds were able to escape his clutches I'm certain Ksenia will come to her senses. OTOH, I don't get why more skaters don't work with Moskvina.

Oh, I trust she’ll get out of there eventually. But in the meantime, I’ll continue to harbor an insane level of jealousy towards Mr. Morozov for dating my first crush.
I think a Stolbova-Moskvina collaboration would be incredible, but there’s one problem with that: Moskvina’s assistant coach is Artur Minchuk, who used to skate with Ksenia before she paired up with Fedor. More hatchet-burying is due...

It was Deputat losing Davankova, who overgrew him. She paired up with Enbert, became part of the Mozer team and had a chance and the funding. She became Morozov's wife and then later an ice dancer, partly because team Mozer could afford working with him.
Deputat ended up skating with Bazarova in Vasiliev's team, who at that poit, IIRC received 0 funding.

Wow that’s really interesting. I knew she skated with Enbert, but didn’t know what all happened there. Thanks for the background info.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
What is Vasilisa doing now? Is she skating somewhere, with someone? If not, what a waste of talent!

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I really don't remember much drama in Davankova/Deputat split. It was just another nice junior pair with heigh troubles. Or Gerboldt/Enbert split stole all the drama?

barbarafan

Credit where credit is due. Morozov is very debonair and he honestly loves and cherishes women. He actually feels totally in love at the time. I think he got caught in a fate worse than death in his latest marriage and he is steering away from young very impressionable women who do not have a lot of substance and has switched to a more mature woman with layers. I hope things work out for the 3 of them both on and off the ice...But then I am a bit of a Pollyanna.

hanca

Values her privacy
Actually, you are wrong about Davankova. Trying ice dance and not really making it? I think she was pretty successful in ice dance, considering the lenght of time she has did it. She went from zero in ice dance (being a pair skater) to qualifying to senior nationals and placing seventh, beating ice dancers who did ice dance for years. In comparison, Popova-Mozgov who were that season also a new dance couple (but made from two ice dancers) didn’t even manage to qualify for the nationals. So saying that she tried for ice dance and didn’t really make it is quite inaccurate. Whatever reason she had after that season to quit, it definitely wasn’t because she couldn’t make it. Maybe she lost interest, maybe she decided it was too much work, maybe it wasn’t fun to be taught by her husband, because teaching involves constant corrections and criticism, but her problem definitely wasn’t that she wasn’t making it.

hanca

Values her privacy
Deputat left Davankova and went to skate with Bazarova. Davankova was quite upset about it. Only after that she paired up with Enbert. I agree that Davankova was getting too tall for Deputat, but they were skating together and managing, so I can see how she would be upset that he left her. I don’t think she saw it coming. And to be fair, he probably wouldn’t leave her if suddenly there wasn’t Bazarova who needed a partner.

lala

I wouldn’t say the women are to blame...he can be a very clever, charming man. Smart women get themselves messed up with problematic men all the time.

Hm. Probably Morozov is charming( not for me) but after Navka, Ilinykh, Davankova, etc. I wouldn't believe him. But I wish to Ksenia happiness.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Deputat left Davankova and went to skate with Bazarova. Davankova was quite upset about it. Only after that she paired up with Enbert. I agree that Davankova was getting too tall for Deputat, but they were skating together and managing, so I can see how she would be upset that he left her. I don’t think she saw it coming. And to be fair, he probably wouldn’t leave her if suddenly there wasn’t Bazarova who needed a partner.
Yep, you're right, he dumped her.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Credit where credit is due. Morozov is very debonair and he honestly loves and cherishes women. He actually feels totally in love at the time. I think he got caught in a fate worse than death in his latest marriage and he is steering away from young very impressionable women who do not have a lot of substance and has switched to a more mature woman with layers. I hope things work out for the 3 of them both on and off the ice...But then I am a bit of a Pollyanna.

“Fate worse than death? “ Please explain. I have a hard time imagining that being married to a pretty young woman can be that. If it was this bad for him, I can’t imagine how much worse it must have been for her.

D

Deleted member 40371

We will get to hear endlessly how wonderful Orser is; A lot more Yag vs Plush drama ...

Tinami Amori

Off season "skaters, skating.... fashion"...
Maxim Kovtun, still in view, on two feet, not hurt, but not seen skating as of yet.
https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/6be1682c-2541-48f3-a799-9c94ef71d1c0.png

Dmitry Aliev, recent interview, says he is training full speed ahead for next season, posts 4T-3A practice.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvtp3dlFUtS/

Maxim Trankov, will now host a weekly Sports TV show "Master of Sports" on Match-TV.
https://www.fsrussia.ru/news/4337-maksim-trankov-stal-vedushchim-novoj-programmy.html

Elena Ilinykh, is in Belgrade, Serbia, following from Munchen, the ballet dancer, Sergei Polunin, who just opened his Ballet Academy in Belgrade. (interesting connection... :lol:. but then Elena always liked bad boys).
http://woman.ua/105217-sergej-polunin-otkryl-studiyu-v-belgrade/
https://i.servimg.com/u/f61/19/85/83/54/blacks19.jpg
http://s9.uploads.ru/t/kX1Pv.jpg

Dariya Panenkova removed her leg brace, not skating yet, but returning to work and function, and some "business".
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvio3N-nZ3N/
It looks like she is trying to promote certain sports clothing brands, don't know if they endorsed her, but good that she is trying to get their attention.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvwJD1LHYMY/
https://pp.userapi.com/c850232/v850232606/117706/0GhaW3m04gA.jpg

Adelina Sotnikova modeled on a runway in a fashion show "Designers of the Future".
https://pp.userapi.com/c851336/v851336757/f1a18/LVp06HykEJ0.jpg
She's been doing a lot of modeling photo-shoots lately.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BveEfG_lk6J/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuvW8kJni9i/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvro4HYpt7W/

Alina Zagitova also modeled for a Japanese Fashion magazine, the issue will come out end of April.
Just few fotos on her IG.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvsu1BkJpMW/
Glad to see her starting to wear more of a "French Tomboy" style...
https://vk.com/sbornayasegodnyaizavtra?z=photo-118768737_456388668/album-118768737_00/rev

... like "Gavrosh" or "Babette s-en va-t-en guerre". It worked well for Brigitte Bardot..
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1008821172073566210/CcavNRrt_400x400.jpg
https://static1.purepeople.com/arti...igitte-bardot-et-jacques-charrier-950x0-1.jpg
https://eddi.ru/assets/754072378a73.jpg

Last edited:

aemeraldrainc

Maxim Trankova, will now host a weekly Sports TV show "Master of Sports" on Match-TV.
https://www.fsrussia.ru/news/4337-maksim-trankov-stal-vedushchim-novoj-programmy.html

/QUOTE]

Sorry for the thread drift, but I just have a quick question.
I thought the ‘a’ was only added to females’ last names in Russian?
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve never seen Trankov spelled that way in reference to Maxim. I probably just missed it and I’m confused.
Just checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information