#TeamTrainwreck 14: "I Don't Care. #StillHere"

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatingguy

decently
LOL beware of the aussie fans wrath! :D But seriously, I don't see the relevance to the weather . Its not like the cold of the rink goes through the TV screen :unsure:
It's the dark and cold outside, that for me, makes it more likely I'll sit in front of a screen to watch something - movies, tv, and sports - then I do during the bright, sunny, and warm days of the summer.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
:eek::drama:
Oh boy, this will get ugly when @alchemy void will realize :watch:

@morqet did you fool daddy? :drama:

#justice4karly

I have nothing against McKay but SHE DOES TWO INTENTIONAL DOUBLE LUTZES IN HER LONG PROGRAM. I don't think any other Euros woman attempts such low jump content. I just hate that overly consrvative strategy. If Karly had attempted easy doubles instead of 4 different triples at nationals, she would have won nationals.

Other thoughts:
MCKAY ONLY ATTEMPTS 2 DIFFERENT TRIPLES AND ONE DOUBLE AXEL PER LP
KARLY'S SEASON BEST IS OVER 10 POINTS HIGHER
KARLY JUST BEAT MCKAY BY OVER 10 POINTS TWO WEEKS AGO AT AUT CHALLENGER
MCKAY WON NATIONALS BY LESS THAN A POINT
MCKAY HAS ONLY DEFEAT KARLY AT NATIONALS THE LAST TWO SEASONS
KARLY HAS THE ALL-TIME HIGHEST SCORE FOR A BRITISH LADY

Seriously what is the justification here? Politics? I'm sorry, again nothing against McKay, I don't want to be overly harsh, but how does Robertson not earn a Euros spot based on her strong season? And guess what, British fed, McKay at her very best might get a 149 at Euros, if she even makes the cut for the long program, that is. Robertson has a much higher scoring potential-- a clean SP from her would easily make the penultimate group, and 6 triples in the LP (which she has done this season, by the way) would easily get net a score in the mid 160s, and an outside shot (but possible) at the top 10. That is way beyond McKay's current capabilities.

This is seriously the most unhinged I've ever been. This just makes no sense at all. McKay's 23, it's not like she's a 16 year old with a ton of potential. Why?

Last edited:

SamuraiK

SamuraiK

It's the dark and cold outside, that for me, makes it more likely I'll sit in front of a screen to watch something - movies, tv, and sports - then I do during the bright, sunny, and warm days of the summer.

Yep, but that's what you do in the day. I mostly watch during nights anyway. Or maybe its the fact that no matter if is winter or summer it darkens at the same time here :D

skatingguy

decently
Yep, but that's what you do in the day. I mostly watch during nights anyway. Or maybe its the fact that no matter if is winter or summer it darkens at the same time here :D
Today I worked from 7 AM to 3 PM - the sun rose around 7:30 AM and set around 4:20 PM. Six months from now the sun will begin rising before 5 AM and not set until after 9 PM - not to mention the temperatures will be 20+ degrees Celsius warmer. It makes a big difference about whether I want to go outside or not. :D

Colonel Green

I have nothing against McKay but SHE DOES TWO INTENTIONAL DOUBLE LUTZES IN HER LONG PROGRAM. I don't think any other Euros woman attempts such low jump content. I just hate that overly consrvative strategy. If Karly had attempted easy doubles instead of 4 different triples at nationals, she would have won nationals.

Other thoughts:

Seriously what is the justification here? Politics? I'm sorry, again nothing against McKay, I don't want to be overly harsh, but how does Robertson not earn a Euros spot based on her strong season? And guess what, British fed, McKay at her very best might get a 149 at Euros, if she even makes the cut for the long program, that is. Robertson has a much higher scoring potential-- a clean SP from her would easily make the penultimate group, and 6 triples in the LP (which she has done this season, by the way) would easily get net a score in the mid 160s, and an outside shot (but possible) at the top 10. That is way beyond McKay's current capabilities.

This is seriously the most unhinged I've ever been. This just makes no sense at all. McKay's 23, it's not like she's a 16 year old with a ton of potential. Why?
Non-ice dance decisions by the UK fed are guided by the "eh, whatever" principle.

SamuraiK

Today I worked from 7 AM to 3 PM - the sun rose around 7:30 AM and set around 4:20 PM. Six months from now the sun will begin rising before 5 AM and not set until after 9 PM - not to mention the temperatures will be 20+ degrees Celsius warmer. It makes a big difference about whether I want to go outside or not. :D

Yep, I know what you mean. When I had worked abroad sometimes its 8am and still soo dark and getting out of bed is the worst.

Mad for Skating

Absolutely! We need to save money for an season-end-teamtrainwreck-collage!
Or maybe we hire Alionas husband, might be cheaper :EVILLE:

Liam is amazing!!! I can only dream of drawing such beautiful work!

However, if you want free drawings, I suppose I could do some for you guys. Just PM me the list.

Not sure if I am that enthusiastic about a possible I/B combo to be honest 🤷🏼‍♂️
While I loved both in their prime, both went out on a very low and uninspiring note. The combo itself does not match at all for me either. But let's wait and see.

You non-believer! Have you no more TTW spirit?

Larkyn is 😍😍😍 You all know I love her! And her hair!

IN THIS HOUSE WE STAN LARKYN AUSTMAN'S FABULOUS HAIR AND NOTHING BUT LARKYN AUSTMAN'S FABULOUS HAIR

Damn and now that Im back and want to catch up I find out Braulio's and most of the really good Youtube accounts have been terminated :(:(

Ugh, my friends and I have been working day and night trying to save videos onto a Google Drive before they all go poof. It's infuriating!

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
I am still waiting for nipple!
By Tiff, Jon, Kustarova or mama! I don't care!

Now you are getting greedy, there was a wardrobe malfunction in one of the GPs from Jon, and a definite nipple exposure!

devotions

Other thoughts:

I do agree with all your points but following the criteria Natasha finishes ahead of Karly on total points.Her seasons best is actually 15y

Other thoughts:

I do agree with your logic but Natasha finished ahead of Karly on total points as laid out in the selection criteria(2x nationals score plus seasons best at ISU event) Her seasons best was at golden bear 156.25 ...Karly's 156.93 at inge solar.So it was very close.The selection is for Europeans only so Karly may get her chance at worlds if Natasha does not perform well at Euros.

S

SmallFairy

Ok, so Canada is far away and men will be skating at four in the night or something here :p

Most important: Shevcheremenko slay!!!

Most important 2.0: Velvet Pocket Prince finally winning something!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Between the JG/GPF and Golden Skate and work on Friday, there won't be any sleeping until sometime late Saturday night. Maybe. But, hey, there are important things happening.

And, if I fail, I'm relying on @Braulio to keep me on track for GS short programs. The free skates won't be a problem since I can focus on the last two groups if necessary. I prefer to watch in real time as not knowing what's going to happen is 90% of the entertainment value. But, I can do selective viewing if I know it's good, or skip if I know it's not so good.

Laney

And don't forget, that posterboy is also there... Not sure he'll be in the last groups...
But I hope that he and velvet boy are worth watching :biggrinbo:rofl::saint::saint::saint::saint:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Educational service: Golden Spin :COP:

Oh, don't say that! You remember Schott not managed to get in there in Tallinn 😅
Skate. Spin. Whatever. As long as Nastia is on the podium. Getting edged out by Vika is still traumatizing me. :drama:

If Kolyada does not win this comp, I hope he's left off the Euro and World team because he doesn't deserve to be there. And, I will never, ever nominate him for #TTW again if he doesn't. I'm sad we won't see the Russian Carmen battle until Nationals. And, Zagitova will beat both Kovtun and Kolyada and they should be more ashamed than they already are, but that's 3 weeks away.

Russian junior pair battle for junior worlds begins today! Will the Russian junior ladies out quad the senior men (yes only Voronov is in the GPF and I'm pretty sure Trusova and Scherbakova can take him :lol: ).

I'm finished with my classes today and am ready to sit in my office and pretend I'm not here while watching skating. Let the games begin.

And, I just made a detailed schedule of the GS/JGP/SGPF and if I don't sleep tonight, I can watch everything. Skipping dance as needed for sleep on Friday night/Saturday morning. I've got this.

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

Amateur! Jr Dance starts around 11pm here, that should be possible for a true cougar fan! 👆🏼

YAYYYS! Didn't check the junior times yet, just checked when Eurosport player were streaming. True cougar fans we both are:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information