Allskate

So happy to be in Montreal to witness Isabeau Levito’s gorgeous short program and World small medal. Deserving standing ovation!

Hoping to see Amber skate her potential in the free and Isabeau to continue to be strong and deliver!

Fingers crossed. I hope they both have free skates that make them happy, and I hope they can earn three spots for the American women next season.

I really do like Amber's short program. It's a bummer she made a mistake on the loop.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Can’t believe how much I’m going back to rewatch Isabeau’s short program at worlds. It’s almost like she’s had a transformation. She looks different has an elegance that’s even more pronounced. And I can’t stop watching her arm movement. I really like this new short program although I also really love the snake charmer program as well.

SkateFanBerlin

Can’t believe how much I’m going back to rewatch Isabeau’s short program at worlds. It’s almost like she’s had a transformation. She looks different has an elegance that’s even more pronounced. And I can’t stop watching her arm movement. I really like this new short program although I also really love the snake charmer program as well.
Maybe I`m imagining it but I thought she was faster and more agressive in her jumps.

Allskate

Maybe I`m imagining it but I thought she was faster and more agressive in her jumps.

She definitely was more aggressive than at Nationals, though that wasn't a high bar. I think Isabeau has quite a bit of speed, but does not have quick movements, so the speed isn't as obvious when we're watching on tv. (But, she tends to slow down going into some of her jumps.) I think one of the reasons she may have looked stronger in the short this week is because she looked more buff in her upper body. I don't know if she's just filled out or worked on her upper body strength or if the costume somehow accentuated it.

I've watched it multiple times, too. I recall reading that this new program was designed to accentuate her edging and flow, and it's working IMO. I think that she almost always has beautiful carriage, extension and line, except for the entrances to a couple of jumps. Although I was apprehensive at first, I ended up really liking the snake program. But, it had so many steps and transitions in it and was overchoreographed, which made it very difficult to perform even when she made just a minor mistake or was off by just a fraction of a second. It now seems that it was a smart move to change programs.

Once again, I am hoping that she works with a new choreographer next season. She has gotten to know Jason. Maybe she could work with him and Rohene?

Allskate

Yay! Isabeau and Amber finished high enough to qualify three women for next year's Worlds.

Congrats to Isabeau on her silver medal and for landing all her jumps in both programs. She looks so happy!

Isabeau said on NBC that, going onto the ice tonight, she thought she couldn't do it. (She looked much more cautious today than in the short.) I hope that this week will give her more confidence going into next season.

Last edited:

baramin

I didn't even let myself hope for 3 spots this year--it just seemed so far fetched. And they even overshot and came in at a combined total of 12 rather than 13--amazing!

Isabeau was obviously the clutch team member (US ladies skating has gotten to the point that it seems unbelievable that we only had to wait 2 year between world medalists ;)), but Amber shouldn't feel too badly about her performance here. We've all seen how badly she can fall apart. Here, she had those 2 pops, and still pulled herself together to land the final 2 triples. She didn't give up, kept fighting, and did her part for the team. And even if she doesn't get another shot at worlds (with Ava Marie hopefully continuing to improve & Alysa's comeback, the team should be more competitive next year), she can always say that she was top 10 in the world, which is nothing to sneeze at

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

@SidelineSkater posed an interesting question to me. Usually US champion gets skate America, Amber. One of the top three now at worlds will get skate America do you think it will be Isabeau? Or Kaori or Kim? If it’s Isabeau that means Amber and Isabeau will go into their 3rd consecutive time both having this event I think.

Allskate

And even if she doesn't get another shot at worlds (with Ava Marie hopefully continuing to improve & Alysa's comeback, the team should be more competitive next year), she can always say that she was top 10 in the world, which is nothing to sneeze at
I think that Amber is better than both Ava Marie and Alysa when you put the psychological component aside. I really, really hope that Amber can find a way to learn how to perform under the pressure of competition. She's so freaking talented. I'm still hoping that Amber will have her Paul Wylie moment.

baramin

I think that Amber is better than both Ava Marie and Alysa when you put the psychological component aside. I really, really hope that Amber can find a way to learn how to perform under the pressure of competition. She's so freaking talented. I'm still hoping that Amber will have her Paul Wylie moment.
If Amber can set the psychological component aside, she'd rate with the best in the world. Total package skater, I'd adore seeing her get her Wylie moment :) And hey, the older ladies have been killing it on the world podium lately...

Allskate

Jammers

Talent doesn't matter when you always collapse and can't push through when the going gets tough. Alysa has that mental toughness and so does Isabeau though she struggled a bit this season. The field gets stronger in the US next season with Alysa and maybe Bradie coming back and if Lindsay can stay healthy and Ava doesn't pull a stupid move and decides to miss Nationals again so Amber better learn to handle pressure or she might never make a World team again.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
@SidelineSkater posed an interesting question to me. Usually US champion gets skate America, Amber. One of the top three now at worlds will get skate America do you think it will be Isabeau? Or Kaori or Kim? If it’s Isabeau that means Amber and Isabeau will go into their 3rd consecutive time both having this event I think.
Yes, Isabeau will be assigned to SkAm. World medalist > US Champion.

Now, it is very possible they will assign both to SkAm - they weren't shy about having our top 2 ice dance teams at SkAm in recent years, so I don't think it would bother them to put Amber there too with Isabeau.

What will be the interesting decision is where does Alysa fit into this? I need to review the Comeback Skater rules for GP selections but I think she is guaranteed 2 provided one is a host selection (Yuma got 2 this year under that rule and he was assigned to CoC and NHK). If I'm remembering correctly, then that could impact the USFS' strategy when it comes to SkAm spots and I'd expect Amber to wind up elsewhere for her 2 assignments.

ETA - the Comeback Skater verbiage just says they're eligible for 2 GPs but does not stipulate that the host fed has to assign them to their own event (which makes sense since not every Comeback Skater is always going to be from a GP host country).

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

It was such a cool thing when Mark said tonight that Amber’s triple Axels in practices this week are the second best ever in the world he has seen only behind Midori. What a compliment.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Talent doesn't matter when you always collapse and can't push through when the going gets tough. Alysa has that mental toughness and so does Isabeau though she struggled a bit this season. The field gets stronger in the US next season with Alysa and maybe Bradie coming back and if Lindsay can stay healthy and Ava doesn't pull a stupid move and decides to miss Nationals again so Amber better learn to handle pressure or she might never make a World team again.

In retrospect it might not have been a stupid move what Ava did we don’t know what the status of her injury was. Maybe she thought they had one good comp left and let’s take it on 4CC

What do you consider a collapse? You must mean Lindsey’s under rotations? OK.

None of us have any idea how Alysa will be in the fall, but giving her major props

And Bradie will be coming off of a broken ankle?

Karen-W

Totally in fact, both Isabeau and Amber were on the skate America podium last season. And this past October, they were both in the top three after the short program.
Nah, I really don't think the USFS will have a problem with assigning both of them to SkAm.

I'm updating my GP projections spreadsheet as each discipline wraps up here and the SB and WS lists are updated at the end of each event. The US is looking pretty good to get 5 women with 2 GPs on the initial assignments list. Of the rest, Bradie is the only one with a realistic shot at any assignments on the initial list.

Seeded (guaranteed 2) - Isabeau
Invited (guaranteed 2) - Amber
Comeback (eligible for 2) - Alysa

WS Top 24 & SB Top 24 (guaranteed 1 but this season all of the Men & Women who were on both the WS & SB Top 24 got 2 on the initial list and I expect the same to be true next season) - Ava Marie & Lindsay

SB Top 24 - no additional women

WS Top 24 - no additional women

SB Top 75 -
Bradie 30, Elyce 44, Starr 54, Clare 63, Sarah 72 (Sherry is 53 but age-ineligible)

Overall, there are 26 junior women who aren't age-eligible for seniors on the SB Top 75, so the GP hosts might dig down a little deeper for assignments on the initial list. That may get Elyce or Starr an initial assignment but I'd be surprised. I'd expect some of the women who are on either the SB Top 24 or the WS Top 24 but not both to get a 2nd assignment before the hosts went down into the mid 40s-50s range for assignments outside of host spots.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Isabeau’s face has really changed, too. Not sure if it’s Botox or what. Less bony than before. The little bangs on the face help too. No more snake charming program again!

aml78

Isabeau’s face has really changed, too. Not sure if it’s Botox or what. Less bony than before. The little bangs on the face help too. No more snake charming program again!
Botox? She’s 17. It’s called puberty. She’s clearly grown and matured. Not easy to push through your body changing. Good for her. Regardless of what happens in the future she will always have this moment to cherish.

Frau Muller

There’s been a filling and smoothness. Maybe it’s Ponds Cold Cream? Different facial skin than before. She’s camera ready! A positive. No complaints.

Frau Muller

Isabeau literally just turned 17 two or three weeks ago. You are being disgusting about a teenage girl who is still a minor.
My reaction is positive. She looks great. How old was Fratianne when she had her teeth surgery, that changed her appearance so positively (“deviated septum” blah blah)? Whatever Isabeau did, it works!

Last edited:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Final Seasons Best list for U.S. Women (top 75)

6 Levito (guaranteed 2 GPs)
12 Ziegler (guaranteed 1)
13 Thorngren (guaranteed 1)
26 Glenn (guaranteed 2)
30 Tennell
44 Lin-Gracey
48 Shin (switching to pairs)
53 Zhang* (too young for senior)
54 Andrews
63 Seo
72 Everhardt

It will be interesting to see who USFS chooses for host picks and which skaters get the benefit of politiking. Way too early to know, though.

Frau Muller

26 Glenn (guaranteed 2)
30 Tennell
44 Lin-Gracey
54 Andrews
63 Seo
72 Everhardt

It will be interesting to see who USFS chooses for host picks and which skaters get the benefit of politiking. Way too early to know, though.
Is Starr Andrews still in the mix?

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Karen-W

26 Glenn (guaranteed 2)
30 Tennell
44 Lin-Gracey
54 Andrews
63 Seo
72 Everhardt

Wow. 2024-25 looks promising w/ Alysa Liu coming back as well.
Lindsay and Ava are in both the WS Top 24 and SB Top 24 so they should get 2 GPs and I expect Alysa will as well.

I think I said it over in the general Women’s GP Projections thread but I expect Elyce, Starr, Clare and Sarah to be at the first Challenger (Cranberry Cup), duking it out for that SkAm host spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information