On My Own

Collegiate skating season is already under way. If she was doing that then we'd probably have already heard/seen it.
IDK. But I guess it's true she can easily make that Olympic team, if the current situation with the rest of them remains the same.

Rhumba d’Amour

The whole point of announcing that your making an announcement is for people to speculate, ie, jump to conclusions. Otherwise, you'd just make your announcement and let people know you already did.
Remember when Jean Luc Baker said he’d have an exciting announcement for us on a specified date a few days out—and all the resulting speculation? And it turned out to be, participating in some kind of seminar/master class.

(Not that it would not be wonderful to work with Jean Luc on improving one’s skating skills!)

honey

Putting out a dramatic Instagram
video detailing your skating history, hinting at it clearly being a return to competition, and then a week later saying your announcement was that you’re doing a seminar would be next level messing with people.

Alysa seemed over public social media when she retired, doesn’t really seem like she loves that whole part of it in general. So I have a hard time imagining that she’d make this big set up unless it was actually a big announcement. Stranger things have happened of course, but my money is on a comeback.

Willin

I don’t think she’d do high level competitions - especially after what happened leading up to and in Beijing.

But she does have a lot of good friends that are skaters and does genuinely have fun skating, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she chose to go back to doing shows with her friends (like Young You) or competes collegiate (not team this year, but maybe collegiate champs in summer). For her skating is a fun thing, and maybe she just wants to have more fun with her skating friends now that post-Beijing burnout and life has settled?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
If she decides to compete at the Collegiate Championships this summer, wouldn't that make her eligible for the Winter University Games next January?

Debbie S

If she decides to compete at the Collegiate Championships this summer, wouldn't that make her eligible for the Winter University Games next January?
Yes, but depending on the selection process, she might not have to do that specific comp. For 2023, USFS asked those who were interested and eligible to 'register', and from that list they chose those with the highest NQS scores (in fact, I don't think Collegiate results even counted but I could be wrong). So she would have to compete in at least one comp during the summer or early fall.

On My Own

I don’t think she’d do high level competitions - especially after what happened leading up to and in Beijing.
This is quite literally what my mind went to when I saw people being so confident about her returning. I am obviously not her, but I don't see why she'd want to risk any of that again.

Sylvia

TBD
USFS Fan Zone Q&A with Josephine Lee before she competes at Junior Worlds (Feb. 27):

Sherry Zhang and Josephine will skate in group 7 of 8 in the SP tomorrow/Wednesday:
19:54:30 - 20:00:30 35 Sherry ZHANG USA [6:54 am ET]
20:12:30 - 20:18:30 38 Josephine LEE [7:12 am ET]

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I really am starting to get all giddy about what US women’s national could be next season

If Bradie is able to return, and then Alysa and then Ava being there

And then, of course, world champion to be Amber, Isabeau, Lindsay, Starr, Audrey, Elyce, Sherry, Sarah, Josephine I mean is starting to look good

🏅💅🏼⛸️🇺🇸

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
If I could pick my host spots for skate America, I would go with Amber, usually the US champion gets it if she wants it, Alysa as a returning skater, and then throwing a bone to Sarah who transitions to seniors. Now come on now.

I feel like Isabeau, Ava, Lindsay we’ll get two and most others will get one

Question is Bradie….

Last edited:

Jammers

Suddenly Nationals next year could be really stacked if everyone stays healthy and skates to their potential. The last few years have been lean but you could have Amber, Isabeau, Lindsay, Ava, Alysa and Bradie all fighting for the title. Not to mention Juniors like Elyce-Lin along with a dark horse candidate like Sarah Everhardt. That would be the most depth in US ladies in about a decade.

sk9tingfan

I don't really follow skaters on their social media anymore (sacrilege, I know), but has Bradie recovered from her injuries? Sadly, I've given up much hope she'll be able to return and stay healthy.
She is so fragile...

Debbie S

I don't really follow skaters on their social media anymore (sacrilege, I know), but has Bradie recovered from her injuries? Sadly, I've given up much hope she'll be able to return and stay healthy.
She hasn't been posting much on her IG. It seems like she's back in the U.S., at least for her recovery.

DreamSkates

If I could pick my host spots for skate America, I would go with Amber, usually the US champion gets it if she wants it, Alysa as a returning skater, and then throwing a bone to Sarah who transitions to seniors. Now come on now.

I feel like Isabeau, Ava, Lindsay we’ll get two and most others will get one

Question is Bradie….
How will USFSA consider Alyssa for GP spots? Will she have to skate her way there at smaller competitions early on to show her skating levels are high enough? Or will she have to wait until Nationals 2025 and go from there?

peibeck

Simply looking
How will USFSA consider Alyssa for GP spots? Will she have to skate her way there at smaller competitions early on to show her skating levels are high enough? Or will she have to wait until Nationals 2025 and go from there?

I'm guessing she will have to decide soon if she wants to ask for those "comeback" spots for GP consideration and attend Champs Camp for feedback. The USFS may want to see if she wants to do a smaller international before the GP starts (Nebelhorn? Finlandia? Autumn Classic?) to rebuild some ISU standings points as well. But who knows? If she's still taking university classes while training, she may limit her comps. There's a lot of unknown variables at this early point. We don't even know who she's selected as a coach.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
She is eligible for the GP as a "Comeback Skater" due to her top 6 finish at Worlds in the last 10 years. Presumably, the USFS will include her in their list of athletes for the GP Selection Pool and any of the host feds can select her.

There is every reason to expect that she'll get two assignments - the USFS might have to bite the bullet and use one of their SkAm spots to ensure this and she'll be subject to the usual monitoring they have with all their skaters, I'm sure, but there is little doubt in my mind that Alysa or the USFS made this announcement without at least one private monitoring session already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information